View full 2016-17 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets knocked off the ball far too easily and is clearly not yet up to the pace of the PL, the only way he can build up is by playing. Nothing to lose in the league at this point so he may as well play.

I'd bet that Miki isn't going to make it in Man Utd and he will probably be gone in the summer. As a fan, I wish it was not like that, that he was our Messi or something, but unfortunately he isn't strong enough, both mentally and physically.

I don't know why some people are so invested in a player who has done absolutely nothing for our team! Are you a member of his family, his lover, or something?
Some people are willing to be patient with new players.

Gets knocked off the ball far too easily and is clearly not yet up to the pace of the PL, the only way he can build up is by playing. Nothing to lose in the league at this point so he may as well play.
It's just lack of rhythm and match fitness, I think. Just let him play, nothing left to lose at this point, as his ceiling is higher than every other player that he's competing with, and we're unlikely to be relegated no matter how shit he is on occasion.

I'd bet that Miki isn't going to make it in Man Utd and he will probably be gone in the summer. As a fan, I wish it was not like that, that he was our Messi or something, but unfortunately he isn't strong enough, both mentally and physically.

I don't know why some people are so invested in a player who has done absolutely nothing for our team! Are you a member of his family, his lover, or something?
Why are you posting BS? Before him and Rooney came on in the second half, West Ham were in charge. In 25-30 minutes he did ok. Not great, but it was ok.

He needs minutes to adapt to the league.

This was an ideal game for him to start in. West Ham have been poor this season and he'd have been high on confidence after thursday. Lingard and Rashford weren't great today.

Some people are willing to be patient with new players.

Yes, that's a good thing.

On the other hand, if you see a 17-year old player who is weak and he is pushed around, you hope he will get stronger with time.

But you can't expect that with a 27-year old player. He is at the best shape he will ever be. If he is weak, he is weak, that's the end of it.

It's not match fitness, it's not transition. He is just weak for the Premiership, that's all. In a different country he will be fine, England is too physical for him. He is pushed around too often, he bumps into players and with him it seems that he bumps into walls, he is just too weak.

Disgrace how a few are calling him out. He's not the problem the team is and the manager for not playing him properly.

Put mkhitaryan in the Man City, Arsenal or Liverpool team and he would flourish.

Even if he is not playing great he just adds something to the team. He looks like the only player who is willing to take players on and is lightning fast. I think Jose is starting to realise this and that's why he was on the bench. He should have been substituted a lot earlier for Lingard as I believe he plays well together with Mata.

On the other hand, if you see a 17-year old player who is weak and he is pushed around, you hope he will get stronger with time.

But you can't expect that with a 27-year old player. He is at the best shape he will ever be. If he is weak, he is weak, that's the end of it.

It's not match fitness, it's not transition. He is just weak for the Premiership, that's all. In a different country he will be fine, England is too physical for him. He is pushed around too often, he bumps into players and with him it seems that he bumps into walls, he is just too weak.
Nah, any player, young or old can still adapt and change his game to better cope physically. I don't think he is weak in the physical sense, he just doesn't seem aware of the focus required during physical battles. He doesn't brace for the impact and end up looking like a kid pushed around.
Some players have to adapt by getting stronger (hitting the gym and eating accordingly) and some need to be mentally tougher.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan vs West Ham: 1 key pass 2 dribbles 3 shots 3 crosses 100% tackles won. [Squawka] #MUFC

Not exactly being pushed around. Unless we think that cheap foul from behind on the run is being called pushed around.

Alexi Lalas in disguise...FFS.

He will get used to it, chill out. Silva isn't exactly a brick wall either.

Should have started today. Need to build upon his midweek performance to build momentum and confidence. Poor management from Jose. very surprised at his constant rotation, as he didnt do it often at his other clubs

Should have started today. Need to build upon his midweek performance to build momentum and confidence. Poor management from Jose. very surprised at his constant rotation, as he didnt do it often at his other clubs
Trying to find his best XI still. He will get there eventually.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan vs West Ham: 1 key pass 2 dribbles 3 shots 3 crosses 100% tackles won. [Squawka] #MUFC

Not exactly being pushed around. Unless we think that cheap foul from behind on the run is being called pushed around.

I wonder if they consider that field goal attempt as a shot

What is clear to me that Rashford is not a wing guy, Lingard contributes little for 90 minutes, Pogba is not 10, we will witness the second coming of Christ sooner than Fellaini's header and Rooney should not play more than 30 minutes a game.

Based on Martial's form, right now, the starting line-up should be:

4-2-3-1- Herrera-Pogba, Miki, Mata, Lingard Ibra/Rashford

4-3-3- Carrick, Herrera, Pogba, Miki,Mata, Ibra/Rashford

4-1-4-1- Carrick-Pogba, Mata, Miki, Lingard-Ibra/Rashford.

I thought he did well. We were crying out for a player to come on and have a go running at them, which he did. I don't care if the stats show they lost the ball however many times if they're having a fecking go! Give me that any day of the week over Lingards safety first approach.

To all the people stating that he needs time to 'adapt to the pace of the game', I assume they mean that he needs to slow himself down to fit in at Utd

I think he did good... almost scored a goal.. he should play the next game.. i would start him from the left ahead of Martial/Rashford

I thought he was better than Rashford, Lingard and Mata. It would be harsh to single him out today.

To all the people stating that he needs time to 'adapt to the pace of the game', I assume they mean that he needs to slow himself down to fit in at Utd

It's so sad. So often you see him receive the ball, expect to see options for the one-two or a quick pass like in Dortmund, realize he's playing for United, and then get swarmed off the ball.

Sorry to put it out that way, but that's a load of bs.

It wasn't that dramatic and he needs to adapt.

I hate that mighty PL stuff, you're too this or too that for PL. He needs games to see how things work in the PL.

When Luka Modrić came to PL he was laughed at how he's weak and won't cope in the mighty PL. Look at the guy now, he plays for Real Madrid.

I really can't believe the stick he is getting. He was in the middle of anything we did well after coming on and created a fair few chances. He lost the ball a few times but he will improve on that. He still is easily our most creative player when on the pitch.

I thought he did quite well and made a positive contribution. The momentum definately swung United's way when he came on. And he should be given 90 mins to get into the game. Hes playing against players he doesn't know and the longer he has to figure out people's weaknesses, the better he'll be.

He's not very strong but he's not too weak either. The times he loses the ball are when there are two guys on his back, or he finds space and the pass takes too long to get to him and the defender climbs over him. He's excellent when given the ball early. The less congestion the better.

thought he was fine when he came on. needs to keep taking chances and keep attitude perfect. clearly has moved up pecking order this last week so good for him

I really can't believe the stick he is getting. He was in the middle of anything we did well after coming on and created a fair few chances. He lost the ball a few times but he will improve on that. He still is easily our most creative player when on the pitch.
Exactly, those couple of times he lost the ball he was surrounded by three or more players. Some people tend to accentuate on losing a ball during a game way to often. Attacking players are allowed to lose a ball because they are attacking, trying to create chances, they go on two, three players and hence they lose sometimes. Probably only Messi and Neymar do not lose the ball. His shot was supposed to be a goal, it was an unbelievable save by the keeper. Tall keepers have to go down completely in no time, which is an extremely difficult task. Unlucky for him and Man Utd. In a game like this any opportunity lost is a lost game. West Ham was very good at defending you should accept. I think, Jose has to stop rotating players like that and play the same team for a little while. Im guessing that team should involve Mata, Roonie and Miki and no Rashford and Lingard ( they are good , but young and inexperienced and hence screw up in the most critical moments - Rashfords missed opportunity). You just have to score in those moments to win.

Done OK when he came on, nothing great and but certainly not bad. Going to take him some time to adapt to the league. The people writing him off already need to delete their accounts. Absolute embarrassment.

This 'PL physicality' argument is so tiring. Mkhitaryan did fine in the CL against English clubs. He was more known for missing chances rather than being bullied around.

I've just got home from the game and haven't had chance to watch any highlights back but I thought he was crap. He's going to need to do a lot more to ever earn a start.

You tell us, you're the one that hides behind those kind of stats for Lingard.

Really now? Lets see Lingard had three shots last game in midweek and all of them were on target, one hit the back of the net. Mkhitaryan had one blocked shot and a side net shot. Lingard had three shots today, 2 on target forcing saves. Mkhitaryan had three as well with only one testing the keeper. Im hiding behind those stats for sure

I've just got home from the game and haven't had chance to watch any highlights back but I thought he was crap. He's going to need to do a lot more to ever earn a start.
Lingard and Rashford have been worse.

He needs to play these games otherwise he's never going to adapt to the league.

This 'PL physicality' argument is so tiring. Mkhitaryan did fine in the CL against English clubs. He was more known for missing chances rather than being bullied around.
English teams don´t play as physical and fast-paced, when they play in Europe. They learned to adjust. Luckily UEFA gave them playing time to slow down their breathtaking game. It also had become a necessity, cause the Germans, Spaniards, Dutch, Italians and French had become so annoyed by getting bitchslapped by British supermuscular and fast teams that they threatened a Continexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.