Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

the feck you are on about

Pretty sure Bayern was a top 3 betting favorite every year in the last decade or so.

And Bayern clearly was the 2nd best team in the CL last year, even in the tie with City Bayern actually would have won that tie by xGoals, just didnt take their chances. Premier League fans love to act like City steamrolled them, but objectively Bayern was the better team in 3 of the 4 halves.
:lol:Yeah sadly Champions League knockout ties are not decided by them.

Re: the Glazers, again you're talking like you are inside their heads - an extra £40 million to get the fans off their back over the never-ending takeover might appeal to them, who knows?

Well I know, as they haven't don't it. We are literally waiting to sell to sign.

Pretty sure Bayern was a top 3 betting favorite every year in the last decade or so.

And Bayern clearly was the 2nd best team in the CL last year, even in the tie with City Bayern actually would have won that tie by xGoals, just didnt take their chances. Premier League fans love to act like City steamrolled them, but objectively Bayern was the better team in 3 of the 4 halves.

"Second best team in the Champions League last season"

Jesus wept.

Inter had a higher xG in the final. Weirdly they didn't award them the trophy.

Did Bayern get an xChampionsLeague trophy for their valliant efforts?

I can honestly not lie here, I don't think Bayern are that good. Also they only won their league on the last day mostly due to Dortmund's capitulation

I'm basing it on Levy past tendencies and gave you examples. Levy took less from Madrid than Chelsea, City and United allegedly offered, nearly a third less.

And Joe Lewis doesn't give a damn about that kind of money, it doesn't go in his pockets and he makes way more than that himself.
I don't understand why you are so invested in this?! :lol: I literally just said that I'm surprised we didn't test Levy's resolve, it's my opinion.

he's on the way to carrington :lol:
:lol: can you imagine.. "Hey Driver, that sign said Manchester"... "No Herr Kane, it was Munchester, it is German for Munich...ah, here we are at Der Carrington Complex, Ja" "That gardener looks like Harry Maguire...""Ach, Nein, that is Herr Helmut Magoo, he is our Obergärtner. Sign here now please Danke.

Reactions: JPRouve
I don't think any of us really know exactly what conversations are going on with which clubs at the moment. We seem pretty relaxed about the sales to be honest.

Well the proof will be in the pudding when we put in an offer for a player as soon as Maguire goes to west ham.

Totally separate to the news around Kane, but it must be refreshing for Spurs fans to listen to a normal, seemingly mentally stable human being in charge of their football team after a few years of listening to narcissists and weirdos.

It’s it terrible deal for Bayern. Glad we’re no we’re near it. Free next summer.
30 year old with one year left isn’t worth it.

I think people are going to have to get used to seeing big fees for players with short times left on their contracts. Age is a factor here though agreed. But they need a striker and there are not many better around.

Totally separate to the news around Kane, but it must be refreshing for Spurs fans to listen to a normal, seemingly mentally stable human being in charge of their football team after a few years of listening to narcissists and weirdos.

I really like him. Whether he cuts it at this level we will see but he is really understated and you would imagine quite a calming presence. Gives the vibe of a teacher you really liked.

I don't understand why you are so invested in this?! :lol: I literally just said that I'm surprised we didn't test Levy's resolve, it's my opinion.

How am I any more invested than you? You wondered why we weren't in for him and I said that we were in for him but decided to move to someone else after early talks.

If you don't want people to entertain your opinions then why are you sharing them?

I think people are going to have to get used to seeing big fees for players with short times left on their contracts. Age is a factor here though agreed. But they need a striker and there are not many better around.

No way, not from any of the US owned PL clubs, who are in football for money, anyway. Barcelona are bust pretty much, Real Madrid have money as well and could do this kind of deal, though with Mbappe it looks like they'll give the fee to the player and get him free most probably.

The only reason Bayern can do this, is that they have huge cash reserves, consistently make money and are guided by sporting sucess motivation short term. They're not worried about creating long term "value" and selling the club for a profit in 10 years. That makes a huge difference in how the club have to approach transfers.

It’s amazing how Fergie managed to sign Berbatov from Spurs and Levy. Looks like the story about Fergie hijacking and kidnapping Berbatov from the airport and then bringing him to Carrington was true :lol:

No way, not from any of the US owned PL clubs, who are in football for money, anyway. Barcelona are bust pretty much, Real Madrid have money as well and could do this kind of deal, though with Mbappe it looks like they'll give the fee to the player and get him free most probably.

The only reason Bayern can do this, is that they have huge cash reserves, consistently make money and are guided by sporting sucess motivation short term. They're not worried about creating long term "value" and selling the club for a profit in 10 years. That makes a huge difference in how the club have to approach transfers.

Mount only had a year to run didn't he? We spent a lot on him despite that.

It’s amazing how Fergie managed to sign Berbatov from Spurs and Levy. Looks like the story about Fergie hijacking and kidnapping Berbatov from the airport and then bringing him to Carrington was true :lol:

Berbatov is likely the reason behind Levy stance with PL clubs. The quotes read like he was personally hurt by the idea that Berbatov didn't care about Spurs contract offers and wanted to move based on Football ambitions, if you are yourself ambitious it has to sting. I felt the same with Ronaldo pushing for a move to Real Madrid, I was bewildered.

'I don't think Berbatov treated this club with the respect that we honestly deserved. We put him on the map. I think he's an outstanding player, but he signed a long-term contract with this club and I think he should have stayed. I had so many conversations with him. He kept saying it was about his ambition to play for Manchester United. It wasn't a money issue. We offered him a new contract and he wasn't even interested in discussing it.

'The reality is, in modern football, the players have all the power. It's not just relevant to Tottenham: if players anywhere decide as a group they are not going to play well and they want to get someone sacked then, that's what can happen. But I don't believe our squad made a concerted effort [to depose Ramos].'

Berbatov is likely the reason behind Levy stance with PL clubs. The quotes read like he was personally hurt by the idea that Berbatov didn't care about Spurs contract offers and wanted to move based on Football ambitions, if you are yourself ambitious it has to sting. I felt the same with Ronaldo pushing for a move to Real Madrid, I was bewildered.

A bit off-topic, but it was quite rich by Levy to claim they put Berbatov on the map, considering he played a CL final with Leverkusen and left them after two successive 20 (league) goals seasons. In today's market he probably would have been a 60+ million player.

inb4 Leverkusen fans having a meltdown because I remember this and put the hypothetical valuation far too low.

:lol: can you imagine.. "Hey Driver, that sign said Manchester"... "No Herr Kane, it was Munchester, it is German for Munich...ah, here we are at Der Carrington Complex, Ja" "That gardener looks like Harry Maguire...""Ach, Nein, that is Herr Helmut Magoo, he is our Obergärtner. Sign here now please Danke.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A bit off-topic, but it was quite rich by Levy to claim they put Berbatov on the map, considering he played a CL final with Leverkusen and left them after two successive 20 (league) goals seasons. In today's market he probably would have been a 60+ million player.

It was a crazy take, if anything Berbatov moving to Tottenham instead of a bigger club was surprising. It would be like Lewandowski joining Aston Villa instead of Bayern.

apparently, levy asked for full payment of the 80Mio fixed. That must have narrowed down the list of potential bidders in this business environment where what is agreed upon most often is not what is paid.
I hear Barca is still paying installments for Ronaldo de Souza :D

Ange is brilliant, Gary Cotterill is the only weirdo in that vid