Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Rumours saying he wants to play in the German Supercup (community shield) tomorrow night, pretty mad. I can't see this being a good idea, but on the other hand if it should work well, it would be a brilliant player reveal :lol:
Kane will win more trophies in 2 days in Munich than he has in 10 years as a Spurs player.

The PL goal record is a contrived one, there’s no ‘Bundesliga goals since 1993’ record - Lewandowski had to beat Gerd Muller. Messi and Ronaldo had to beat Telmo Zarra etc. He’s never catching Jimmy Greaves.

Also Haaland is arguably one of the first all-time great strikers arriving early in his career in the PL and unlikely to leave in a rush. Haaland could beat whatever Shearer or Kane have put up within 6 or 7 years.
This is all true. Jimmy Greaves deserves a shout out as the true record holder.

They don’t want him winning a title in his very first game for us.

We were never getting Kane for the same fee as Bayern. Ever. And there's also the astronomical difference in wages.

My point is, let's not fall into the trap of comparing Hojlund's money to Kane's. They are not at all comparable, and we were not getting Kane for "just a little bit extra". And we could also shift Hojlund down the line to recoup some of the money.

I agree, my post was in response to a poster claiming there was only £14m difference in fees.

I know the Bundesliga is seen as a cake-walk, but it can't have got that bad...
We’re playing the Supercup against Leipzig tomorrow and it’s been rumoured that Kane wants to play.

This is now Ray Cooney farce levels. It's like yer man who showed up at that club expecting to move there a few years ago.

Any player signing for Spurs in future better have a top rep going over those contracts.