Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

We need more than a striker to break Manchester City dominance, even one better than Kane. Arsenal are also ahead of us. Chelsea will be better next year. Our squad was way too thin last season and will be again, so we will drop loads of points end of season as City go on a strength in depth power run like always. As usual the Caf has unrealistic expectations. 2nd would be a very good result this year unless Qatar sweeps in and waves the chequebook real soon. 3rd or 4th is more what I expect. 5th and 6th is possible if Liverpool and Newcastle outperform expectations.

And Kane isn't that good or it would be more than Bayern in for him. You can be quite slow in Germany.

we’re not talking about breaking their dominance, we’re talking about challenging.. Arsenal did it last season so why can’t we with Kane?

it’s a bit of an extreme opinion to think Kane “isn’t that good” but even if you believe that, he’s a monumental upgrade on Weghorst

We need more than a striker to break Manchester City dominance, even one better than Kane. Arsenal are also ahead of us. Chelsea will be better next year. Our squad was way too thin last season and will be again, so we will drop loads of points end of season as City go on a strength in depth power run like always. As usual the Caf has unrealistic expectations. 2nd would be a very good result this year unless Qatar sweeps in and waves the chequebook real soon. 3rd or 4th is more what I expect. 5th and 6th is possible if Liverpool and Newcastle outperform expectations.

And Kane isn't that good or it would be more than Bayern in for him. You can be quite slow in Germany.

:lol:

Everyone saying if he goes to Bayern they are the second best side in Europe etc. Did everyone forget Bayern were bang average in the league last season and then got steamrolled by City?

I would argue with Ten Hag and the players we have now we should be beating Bayern in the near future. We have seemingly more riches and a great manager.
If a takeover happens Kane would be kicking himself if he moved to Bayern this summer and watched us hoover up top talent once FFP and the Glazer’s do one. More possible than them staying still at this point.

He could become the all time greatest PL goalscorer here which is far better than any Bundesliga title if you ask me.

Bayern will win that with or without him regardless.

Also Kim moved to Bayern only because he wasn’t a guaranteed starter here I imagine and our indecision with the limited budget. We are 100% the bigger draw. Sabitzer said it himself we are a naturally bigger club.

Bayern had a great 10 years but end of the day if we have the cash he comes here full stop.
Okay then :wenger:

Such a weird transfer the more I think about it if he goes, so close to the PL record and it's, all due respect, not exactly going to be that ground breaking to win the league with Bayern. CL hopes are there I guess but it's not like he can't get that elsewhere.

Everyone saying if he goes to Bayern they are the second best side in Europe etc. Did everyone forget Bayern were bang average in the league last season and then got steamrolled by City?

I would argue with Ten Hag and the players we have now we should be beating Bayern in the near future. We have seemingly more riches and a great manager.
If a takeover happens Kane would be kicking himself if he moved to Bayern this summer and watched us hoover up top talent once FFP and the Glazer’s do one. More possible than them staying still at this point.

The disrespect for Bayern on this board is wild.

It was only a couple years ago that they absolutely steamrolled everybody in their path on the way to a treble, outclassing all teams in Europe.

They've got better recent pedigree in the Champions League than any side outside of Real Madrid (maybe Liverpool too), a manager who has won the CL and is one of the best cup managers on the planet in general, and very good young/prime age talent in Musiala, Davies, Kimmich, Gnabry, Coman, Upamecano, De Ligt, Kim, etc.

Give Tuchel time to work with that squad and they are going to stomp the Bundesliga and be a top 3-4 contender in the CL, even without Kane. United without Kane is a team hoping to finish top four and to get into the CL knockouts then you never now what might happen.

Bayern was unbeaten, didnt concede before playing City. Beat Barca 2 out of 2, beat Inter 2 out of 2, beat PSG 2 out of 2.Also Bayern was objectively the better side 3 out of 4 halves against City. City deserved to go through simply based on Bayerns inability to convert their chances. But saying City steamrolled Bayern is laughable. By xGoals Bayern won that tie even.

Bayern without Kane were the 2nd best team in Europe already still last year. Lets not forget that when they lost to City and down the stretch last year they were missing their only striker in Choupo-moting, which made a significant difference. Bayern had to play most of the 2nd half of the season without any striker.

Remind me where was United again?
You are richer yet you cope yourself into believing that the only reason Kim, Kane go to Bayern is because you cant afford them?

If Ten Haag is a great manager despite having won basically nothing, what is Tuchel then?

He could become the all time greatest PL goalscorer here which is far better than any Bundesliga title if you ask me.

Only arrogant Premier League fans say that. Reality is that that record is arbritrarily counted from 1992 and the 260 goal mark is so low, it wouldn't be enough in any other top league for the record and the Premier League plays 38 match days. Even if Kane broke it that record would never stand.

Also Kim moved to Bayern only because he wasn’t a guaranteed starter here I imagine and our indecision with the limited budget.
The delusions man.

De Ligt, Upamecano(best CB at the World Cup btw), Pavard are way stronger competition than a washed 30yo Varane and an undersized midfielder holding down one of the CB spots and Maguire. Kim isn't a guaranteed starter at Bayern btw.
De ligt and Upamecano are also both younger than Min Jae.

We are 100% the bigger draw. Sabitzer said it himself we are a naturally bigger club.

Bayern sells more shirts than United and Chelsea combined, may want to learn about the world. Also Sabitzer never said those words that you claim and if he did it was for a propaganda club video, since there are objectively no measures that would make United a bigger club, especially not a naturally bigger club.

Secondly who cares what Sabitzer thinks? Sabitzer is like your bitter Ex. Guy grew up as a Bayern fan, slept in Bayern sheets, worse Bayern shirts as a kid, got his dream move to Bayern and feels like he didnt get a fair chance. Dude even scrubbed his instagram.
Bayern had a great 10 years but end of the day if we have the cash he comes here full stop.
Do you love to contradict yourself? Didnt you just say your club was "richer".?

Last edited:
The disrespect for Bayern on this board is wild.

It was only a couple years ago that they absolutely steamrolled everybody in their path on the way to a treble, outclassing all teams in Europe.

They've got better recent pedigree in the Champions League than any side outside of Real Madrid (maybe Liverpool too), a manager who has won the CL and is one of the best cup managers on the planet in general, and very good young/prime age talent in Musiala, Davies, Kimmich, Gnabry, Coman, Upamecano, De Ligt, Kim, etc.

Give Tuchel time to work with that squad and they are going to stomp the Bundesliga and be a top 3-4 contender in the CL, even without Kane. United without Kane is a team hoping to finish top four and to get into the CL knockouts then you never now what might happen.

We could all be wrong, but even without Kane I'd say 98% of us here have no doubt we'll finish in the top four, no "hope" being required. A realistic goal for us in the PL this season is second. Not a nail-biting race to the finish right behind City, but a manly second even.

Provided, that is, we land Hojlund and Amrabat to fill the obvious remaining holes as best we can under the present circumstances.

We could all be wrong, but even without Kane I'd say 98% of us here have no doubt we'll finish in the top four, no "hope" being required. A realistic goal for us in the PL this season is second. Not a nail-biting race to the finish right behind City, but a manly second even.

Provided, that is, we land Hojlund and Amrabat to fill the obvious remaining holes as best we can under the present circumstances.

Yeah that's absolutely the best we can do in the present circumstances

No offense but you could easily not finish in CL ranks just like Chelsea and Liverpool failed tlast season.
City is City, Arsenal looks to get better not worse, Liverpool and Chelsea surely will be significantly improved and while Newcastle might not be able to repeat their performance you could easily see a team like Aston Villa instead going on a run.

United had a goal difference of just +15, that is by far the worst goal difference in the top 6.

We could be 1 injury to Rashford from dropping out the top 4 - it doesnt even have to be an injury; Rashford regularly takes minor knocks that completely effects his form for long.

We need another 12+goal player in our first team at the very least be a bit more confident. (this is why i wouldntd be more shocked if we keep somewood than decide to sell him)

we’re not talking about breaking their dominance, we’re talking about challenging.. Arsenal did it last season so why can’t we with Kane?

it’s a bit of an extreme opinion to think Kane “isn’t that good” but even if you believe that, he’s a monumental upgrade on Weghorst

Breaking dominance and challenging are the same thing. We're three years and a new set of owners off challenging City and by then Kane will be too old. Of course he's a very good striker and only just now drifting out of his 'world class if he were quicker' era. But I wouldn't buy that for a hundred million or anything like it.

People get over-excited by reputations around here. We're still sponging the spaff off the Caf walls from when we bought Ronaldo. Some people just never learn.

I’d say with Kane we are near certainties to finish 2nd, and have a shot at the title if City have one of their slightly less good seasons. Without him, even with those signings, I think we are likely to finish closer to 4th than 2nd but agree we should still definitely be in the top 5 (albeit an injury to Rashford would leave us desperately short of firepower).

Breaking dominance and challenging are the same thing. We're three years and a new set of owners off challenging City and by then Kane will be too old. Of course he's a very good striker and only just now drifting out of his 'world class if he were quicker' era. But I wouldn't buy that for a hundred million or anything like it.

People get over-excited by reputations around here. We're still sponging the spaff off the Caf walls from when we bought Ronaldo. Some people just never learn.

yeah it was amazing that Arsenal finally broke City's dominance last season

who will break Arsenal's era of dominance though?

yeah it was amazing that Arsenal finally broke City's dominance last season

who will break Arsenal's era of dominance though?

City won the league comfortably in the end. Arsenal challenged and fell away, just like we did. Liverpool challenged City.

okay so we're agreed it isn't the same then

The word 'challenge' doesn't mean much out of context. You can challenge with big talk. You can challenge over a half a match, or a match or a series of matches. We did that. Arsenal did it better.

To challenge City's dominance would involve running them to the last day of the season or winning the league. Liverpool did that. Doing that multiple times would be breaking their dominance. Nobody has done that. Make sense?

The word 'challenge' doesn't mean much out of context. You can challenge with big talk. You can challenge over a half a match, or a match or a series of matches. We did that. Arsenal did it better.

To challenge City's dominance would involve running them to the last day of the season or winning the league. Liverpool did that. Doing that multiple times would be breaking their dominance. Nobody has done that. Make sense?

In case you forgot you were the one who brought it up. You said we won't be ready to challenge until Kane is too old.

You've jumped through so many hoops since then you forgot your original point and are now arguing against it. And apparently we already challenged last season?

You know what would be a lot easier? Just say, oh what I meant to say was Kane will be too old by the time we're ready to break City's dominance? I would agree with that.

In case you forgot you were the one who brought it up. You said we won't be ready to challenge until Kane is too old.

Because challenge can mean anything you want. I can challenge prime Mike Tyson to a fight but it wouldn't last very long.

What I clearly meant was we won't be able to win the league or regularly come very close for two or three seasons even allowing for new owners who want to do that. By which time Kane will be too old. Happy?

Because challenge can mean anything you want. I can challenge prime Mike Tyson to a fight but it wouldn't last very long.

What I clearly meant was we won't be able to win the league or regularly come very close for two or three seasons even allowing for new owners who want to do that. By which time Kane will be too old. Happy?

that's very clear now after about half an hour of horseshit, yeah

Which by then all we can do is still challenge tbh.
We were the 3rd best team in uk last year, in 2 finals & not far behind Arsenal.
This was ten hags 1st season.
Kane or not, it wouldnt surprise me if we challenged next year & kane would only make us stronger.

Latest news, Kane changes his name to Ke and starts spreading antisemitic conspiracy theories to force a move to Bavaria.

Wild post. But I love the optimism.

No chance United aren't going back in for Kane. Would be absolute madness to not even try if there's the tiniest possibility he's available.

ETH would be flipping tables and birds of we didn't.

Reckon United are trying to put on their best poker face but pokers not our game and we're about to unintentionally show the whole table out hand.

No chance United aren't going back in for Kane. Would be absolute madness to not even try if there's the tiniest possibility he's available.

ETH would be flipping tables and birds of we didn't.

Reckon United are trying to put on their best poker face but pokers not our game and we're about to unintentionally show the whole table out hand.

Hopefully he flips a few more to raise the funds for Kane

Bayern will win that with or without him regardless.

Also Kim moved to Bayern only because he wasn’t a guaranteed starter here I imagine and our indecision with the limited budget. We are 100% the bigger draw. Sabitzer said it himself we are a naturally bigger club.

i love that your enthusiasm, don't ever let it be spoiled by things like realism. no one in their right mind would swap a chance at the CL for the title of second most popular beard of waltham forest i mean, be real. keep it up!

There's something going on i think, as much i dislike saying it for how conspiratorial it sounds i can't believe we won't even try for him, doesn't make sense.

And you're the horse

you're right, my mistake

when you said we weren't ready to challenge, I thought you meant we weren't ready to challenge, and not something completely different, as you later pointed out

and although you meant something different, it was in fact the same thing anyway, as you later explained to me. And also, they are not the same thing at all, and in fact different things, but also the same, as you correctly pointed out.

Last edited:
There's something going on i think, as much i dislike saying it for how conspiratorial it sounds i can't believe we won't even try for him, doesn't make sense.

I agree in so much at it defies any logic that we shouldn’t be on for him. I can only guess that we simply can’t get the funds together for it.