Harry “Cheat” Kane

He always looked like one of those players who would have a very steep decline in the late 20s and early 30s. He has looked just that.

He always looked like one of those players who would have a very steep decline in the late 20s and early 30s. He has looked just that.
He's just scored 36 goals in the Bundesliga, not bad for somebody experiencing a 'very steep decline'.

Fair point and obviously something one can discuss.
But I seriously dislike how easily many people brush away reliable reports and statements about players playing while being injured, because they would prefer to shit on them for being bad.
Welcome to the online wirld, where good players are dismissed as junk because they had a poor moment.

Kane is obviously a good player, but he isn't England's solution up front. It's not working and for all the talent England has at the moment, it looks very disjointed.

36 goals in the Bundesliga but couldn't do shit this tournament.

I think the opposite, he doesn't rely on pace, he is an excellent passer, brilliant finisher in the box. Which makes it so bizarre how poor he's been. Saying that he's still the joint top scorer

I bet the stud imprints are still there from the dutch cruncher

He’s looked a bit better these last two games (played well before the break today). For all the criticism, he’s the joint top scorer.

How on earth is he a cheat, he hirt his foot because he kicked the defender but the penalty decision was by the ref not him.

This was already the thread title, it wasn’t changed in response to the penalty tonight.

I think the opposite, he doesn't rely on pace, he is an excellent passer, brilliant finisher in the box. Which makes it so bizarre how poor he's been. Saying that he's still the joint top scorer

He didn't ever rely on pace no but he looks like he has completely lost the ability to run.

How on earth is he a cheat, he hirt his foot because he kicked the defender but the penalty decision was by the ref not him.

Surely he play acted how much it did hurt. He was healed the moment the referee/var started the whole proces to give the penalty.

It is cheating... the playacting to be in serious pain. Almost all footballers do it though. Harry Kane is a cheat but he did the normal footballer thing here.

His usual diving and bumping into defenders before they jump when heading are his main cheats.

Surely he play acted how much it did hurt. He was healed the moment the referee/var started the whole proces to give the penalty.

It is cheating... the playacting to be in serious pain. Almost all footballers do it though. Harry Kane is a cheat but he did the normal footballer thing here.

His usual diving and bumping into defenders before they jump when heading are his main cheats.
Kicking studs with the top of your foot? Yes it hurts :lol:

The defender went in with studs leading, he could have killed him.

That wasn't cheating, that was a sore one. Those most certainly hurt.

He can't help the ref and VAR can he. What's he going to do, request they overturn a pen?

He’s looked a bit better these last two games (played well before the break today). For all the criticism, he’s the joint top scorer.

His criticism rightly is his contribution in the balance of play.

It's progressively turning into a situation similar to Ronaldo with Portugal but perhaps not as detrimental where you have to measure his output against his efficiency for the team.

Think one things almost certain and it should be realistically one of his last major tournaments at international level, not necessarily all together but as a pivotal first team player.

That would have hurt a lot. It took a while so no surprise he’d recovered by the time it was eventually decided. He will be limping tomorrow though - will be a big bruise on the top of his foot.

Worth noting that if he scores in the final he will probably win the golden boot.

Sure it can hurt and be painfull. It is not roll on the floor and hold your foot kind of painfull.

But i dont blame him for it. It is just the footballer thing to do.
Of all the times where footballers roll on the floor and act hurt, I’d say this is one of the ones that’s pretty justified. Go and kick something solid, it really fecking hurts. He’ll get back up because of the adrenaline, but that’ll be swollen as feck right now. Let alone the fact that boots are paper thin these days.

I’m not specifically picking on you here, but whenever I get into these conversations, I wonder whether people have actually played contact sports themselves.

The other thing is it was blatantly a genuine reaction.. there was nothing whatsoever fake about that. He's not that fecking good at acting to put on such an instantaneous and genuine performance.

He's got a history but those are obvious frauds where he flops over.

Of all the times Kane has play acted, this really isn't one of them.

Think we dodged a bullet last summer by not going for him, yeah we would have got a season out of him but he's done.