Harry “Cheat” Kane

It’s a laugh watching Shearer, Dixon, Matterface and co go after guys for diving or gamesmanship or whatever only to produce cricket noises every time Kane and Bellingham are at it. And let’s be honest Kane’s probably about the worst for it in the competition

Last edited:
It’s a laugh watching Shearer, Dixon, Matterface and co go after guys for diving or gamesmanship or whatever only to cricket noises every time Kane and Bellingham are at it. And let’s be honest Kane’s probably about the worst for it in the competition
What I find amusing is that after every bad performance the pundits make sure to say that he “doesn't look fully unfit”. Of course it’s not that he played badly - he’s just conveniently not 100%

You know players decline with age and their historical stats doesn't matter much?

How many did he score at Bayern in his first season? Literally the season just gone, or do players decline in a matter of weeks? You know players can simply have an off tournament? It’s so reactionary.

He’s literally just broke records at Bayern that have stood for over 60 years..

How many did he score at Bayern in his first season? Literally the season just gone, or do players decline in a matter of weeks? You know players can simply have an off tournament? It’s so reactionary.

He actually didn’t really produce in their biggest games, which tends to be the case with him. Great for our run of the mill lower pressure fixtures.

What I find amusing is that after every bad performance the pundits make sure to say that he “doesn't look fully unfit”. Of course it’s not that he played badly - he’s just conveniently not 100%

I agree

Last edited:
He’s injured 100 percent, about five mins before he came off he tried tackling and when he got up he couldn’t even run, could see the stiffness and trying to hold his body shape to manage the pain. Probably from all the diving he’s been doing.

He isn't playing at the tempo of the PL anymore.

He is playing at the tempo of the Bundesliga & playing the way he does at Bayern than he did at Tottenham.

Last edited:
Looks badly off the pace, which is hard considering how slow England play.

Glad a referee finally booked him for backing in under a player.

He looks so much slower and weaker. He was never a fast player, obviously, but he’s glacial these days.

It’s a laugh watching Shearer, Dixon, Matterface and co go after guys for diving or gamesmanship or whatever only to produce cricket noises every time Kane and Bellingham are at it. And let’s be honest Kane’s probably about the worst for it in the competition

Totally. Kane was already 'cheating' when he played for Spurs too. Lots of diving and those headers where he bumps into opponents. He is a diver and a cheater. English media should praise him for being 'smart and savvy' on the pitch or criticise him for being a cheating diver. Instead English pundits dont do either of those things and just stay quiet.

Looks badly off the pace, which is hard considering how slow England play.

Glad a referee finally booked him for backing in under a player.
A Norwegian player broke his neck many years ago, paralysed from the neck down because of a similar, albeit not intentional, challenge. Imo, should be red carded every time.

I don't care how good he looks for Bayern. He is shit in an England shirt.

it's either fatigue or injury surely

he was barely making any runs even when Saka did manage to get free on the right

Kane made 9 passes in 110 minutes which is crazy

He isn't playing at the tempo of the PL anymore.

He is playing at the tempo of the Bundesliga & playing the way he does at Bayern than he did at Tottenham.

Kane playing in the Bundesliga has nothing to do with him struggling in this tournament. Except for maybe Saka and Palmer the entire English team, which mostly consists of PL players, is playing at a tempo your average Swedish 2nd division team could keep up with.

He looks shite because of how England are setup tactically, same reason everyone on the team looks shite, possibly with some physical problems as well.

I do wonder how he’d play with Rashford in the team, feel they work well together and players running away from him as opposed to jumping into the 10 position I feel suit him better.

Except for maybe Saka and Palmer the entire English team, which mostly consists of PL players, is playing at a tempo your average Swedish 2nd division team could keep up with.
Certainly any of them who play for United as they're used to that.

Kane playing in the Bundesliga has nothing to do with him struggling in this tournament. Except for maybe Saka and Palmer the entire English team, which mostly consists of PL players, is playing at a tempo your average Swedish 2nd division team could keep up with.

Did he play the same way he did at Tottenham at Bayern Munich?

Was he trying to set up Musiala and Sane or Gnabry the way he tried to set up Son?

Or was Harry Kane playing as the most central forward playing more like Lewandowski receiving play from Musiala & Sane at Bayern than Kane of Tottenham?

Thing is Kane wasn't that good for Bayern. Scoring against very poor teams inflated his stats last season, in very important games he didn't turn up. It's the story of his career and England would be better team without him. All he does is go deep and dive around. A Toney or Watkins would run in behind and create more space for other players.

I argued last summer that the idea that he’s a guaranteed goalscorer was nonsense. That there are no guaranteed goal scorers and that he would have struggled here. Would have been a monumental waste of £100m.

whos englands all time top goal scorer? Just Curious
Whilst i don't like or dislike Kane, this arguement is not a good measure. The amount of games and level of opposition in the modern age is totally different to back in the day. That's why players like Lukaku seem like they're some formidable force, because they're able to pad their stats.

Imagine what a Lineker or Shearer would do it they were playing today.

His numbers fall off quite a bit when you factor only the best oppositions. I saw an analysis a while ago where he only had about 10% of his goals against the top 6 clubs (and most of those were against us....). I have long argued he should not start for England. He sucks up too much of the play by being the focal point and doesnt compliment the rest of the team. He clearly should be coming off the bench in this Euro, but it's nothing new. He has just only become worse because he is a little older.

Play Watkins.

Looks like he's lost his edge since moving to Germany, either that or the injury he got at the end of the season was much worse than they were making it out to be.

He’s injured 100 percent, about five mins before he came off he tried tackling and when he got up he couldn’t even run, could see the stiffness and trying to hold his body shape to manage the pain. Probably from all the diving he’s been doing.
Think it's all that strolling around, he's got used to moving at a snail's pace and now cannot go any faster.

Did he play the same way he did at Tottenham at Bayern Munich?

Was he trying to set up Musiala and Sane or Gnabry the way he tried to set up Son?

Or was Harry Kane playing as the most central forward playing more like Lewandowski receiving play from Musiala & Sane at Bayern than Kane of Tottenham?

You're basically arguing that he can do more or less one role extremely well from age 21-29 for both club and country, and then when he's asked to to something a bit different for his new club at age 30 it completely transforms him to the point where he can no longer do the old role he worked on and excelled at for a decade.

I don't buy that having a new role in a new league for 9 months completely changes everything he's known and done before that.

You're basically arguing that he can do more or less one role extremely well from age 21-29 for both club and country, and then when he's asked to to something a bit different for his new club at age 30 it completely transforms him to the point where he can no longer do the old role he worked on and excelled at for a decade.

I don't buy that having a new role in a new league for 9 months completely changes everything he's known and done before that.

Well consider he has played 9 months of football and then going straight in to a Cup - is he likely to play how he did in his last 9 months or 2 years ago?

His tempo is completely different.

What I find amusing is that you would totally ignore that he already picked up an injury with us at the end of the season, which makes it not only convenient, that he’s not at 100%, but very much plausible.

I think he really did his back with Bayern and looks very stiff. Is he a certainty to be in the squad for the next World Cup ? He might already know that's his last international tournament as the main man and didn't want to miss out.

What I find amusing is that you would totally ignore that he already picked up an injury with us at the end of the season, which makes it not only convenient, that he’s not at 100%, but very much plausible.
If he is injured, all the reason why he should not play let alone start. But that is also mostly on the manager. Kane is certainly not irreplaceable. There are other options.

It's really is the modern fad to say someone is injured when playing badly.

If he is injured, all the reason why he should not play let alone start. But that is also mostly on the manager. Kane is certainly not irreplaceable. There are other options.
Fair point and obviously something one can discuss.
But I seriously dislike how easily many people brush away reliable reports and statements about players playing while being injured, because they would prefer to shit on them for being bad.

Well consider he has played 9 months of football and then going straight in to a Cup - is he likely to play how he did in his last 9 months or 2 years ago?

His tempo is completely different.

Is England, whose starting 11 consists of 9 PL players, all of which played their entire careers including last season in the PL, likely to play at a blistering PL tempo or do they play like they've done so far?

Fact is this tournament has not been played in a tempo that's higher than the Bundesliga, especially England's games. Kane is definitely not setting the world alight here but why are players such as Walker, Foden, Rice and CL winner Bellingham then playing in a similar tempo while the German's with most of their players coming from the same slow paced league as Kane were playing at twice the pace?

Last edited: