Hannibal Mejbri | Joins Burnley

Wonder if he'll get a run our on Saturday for them? Sure that games on sky, against Blackburn

Didn't see this thread. Anyhow

All in all 13 appearances and 405 minutes.

Matches for United:

Premier League
(1) He got his first PL appearance in May '21 under Ole away at Wolves (2-1 win) in a makeshift side. 8 minutes as an AM replacing Mata.
(2) Under ETH Mejbri got his first PL minutes away at Liverpool in a match already lost, playing RW for 6 minutes in April '22.
(3) He started against Palace away, in late May '22, LW. The team lost 1-0, with Mejbri being subbed off 62 minutes.
(4) September '23, Brighton at home, comes on when we're two nil down, in a match that finished 1-3 with Mejbri grabbing our only goal, playing as an AM for 26 minutes.
(5) He started the following match away at Burnley, 1-0 win, playing AM again, completing 90 minutes (IIRC had the most distance covered).
(6) Late November '23, comes on for 6 minutes playing CM, away at Everton in a match that was already over (3-0 win).
(7) Gets 8 minutes at AM, in the double decker performance away at Liverpool in December '23 (0-0).
(8) Comes on for one minute at LW, in a 3-2 win at home to Villa in December '23.

League Cup
(1) Starts as an AM against Palace at home in September '23, 3-0 win. Subbed off for Donny on 71 minutes (already 3-0 by then).
(2) Starts as an AM against Newcastle at home in November '23, in a 0-3 loss. Subbed off for Bruno on 65 minutes.

CL
(1) Starts at RW at home against Galatasaray, playing 45 minutes (subbed off at HT) 2-3 loss.
(2) Comes on for 16 minutes at home to Bayern (0-1 loss) to play LW.

FA Cup
(1) Token sub (1 minute) in a 0-2 away win at Wigan.

To me that illustrates quite clearly that he was not given a chance in the first team. He was not given a clear position. And in pre-season he was used as a placeholder false-nine during both summers ETH used him. His loans were absolutely horrifically mismanaged (which is likely one of the main reasons Les Parry loan manager is off for Michael Appleton) but in his loan to Sevilla there was an option to buy, including a sell-on and buy-back, which again, we have included, so it seems there are people at the club who are not ready to completely cut the ties even though Erik has obviously not fancied him and the staff overseeing player development in terms of loans have fecked up massively.

I see he started and played 71 minutes v Blackburn today before going off.

Anyone any idea how he played? (And, yes, I already know he picked up a booking!)

It only just struck me now that Burnely are not in the PL.

Last edited:
I see he started and played 71 minutes v Blackburn today before going off.

Anyone any idea how he played? (And, yes, I already know he picked up a booking!)

No idea but saw this comment on the Burnley forum

Hannibal is fiery but a walking card. He he gets booked he'd have to get hooked before it boils over

A team of strangers at Burnley right now. If in doubt kick someone!

10 players out in the last 2 weeks, 5 in and a further 4 in on loan.

No wonder they won the first 2 handsomely and have 1 point from the next 2.

anyway obviously good luck to Hannibal, always appreciated his talent but he annoyed me that he couldn't match it with consistency and solid mentality. hope he does well

No idea but saw this comment on the Burnley forum
I doubt anyone else whose played almost 100 senior with zero red cards has such a bad disciplinary reputation! God help him when, like every player, he finally picks up a red or two in the senior game.

Nice bit of wumming that.
Also, i missed that Leeds are now Red Bull Leeds.
Energy drink FC makes them even more unlikable.