Greatest mens tennis player of all time

I don't think anyone has seriously held it against him. I'm a Nadal fan and while the Olympic gold was missing for Djokovic before today, I don't think it has any bearing on his GOAT status. Nadal fans using it against him are either on the windup are can't be taken all that seriously.

This was all about it clearly meaning a huge amount for Djokovic personally. He's openly said how much of a big aspiration this has been for him.
Some absolutely have. Either way, he's been the greatest for some time now, and for him personally it will be one of his most important achievements.

Sampras will always be the GOAT to me.
No disrespect to the recent big 3 or even Alvarez, but the amount of competition in the top 25 or so during Sampras' heydays to me felt like it was at a whole nother level of competitiveness. Maybe it's just nostalgia speaking.

Pretty clearly Nole now I would say.

Will always prefer Federer of the 3 for the joy of watching but if my life was on the line it is Djokovic.

Sampras will always be the GOAT to me.
No disrespect to the recent big 3 or even Alvarez, but the amount of competition in the top 25 or so during Sampras' heydays to me felt like it was at a whole nother level of competitiveness. Maybe it's just nostalgia speaking.
You have to take different surfaces into consideration as well and as much as I dislike Novak he's way better. Also Sampras didn't have the same level of elite competition he beat journeymen in finals far more often.

You have to take different surfaces into consideration as well and as much as I dislike Novak he's way better. Also Sampras didn't have the same level of elite competition he beat journeymen in finals far more often.
Surfaces when Sampras was playing were far more differentiated than they are in the current era. It's easier to compete on all surfaces today.

Surfaces when Sampras was playing were far more differentiated than they are in the current era. It's easier to compete on all surfaces today.
Pete Sampras's losses at the French Open 1995-2002:
1995: Lost 1R to Schaller, ranked #24
1996: Lost SF to Kafelnikov, ranked #7
1997: Lost 3R to Norman, ranked #65
1998: Lost 2R to Delgado, ranked #97
1999: Lost 2R to Medvedev, ranked #100
2000: Lost 1R to Philippoussis, ranked #25
2001: Lost 2R to Blanco, ranked #76
2002: Lost 1R to Gaudenzi, ranked #69.

That says it all.

Pete Sampras's losses at the French Open 1995-2002:
1995: Lost 1R to Schaller, ranked #24
1996: Lost SF to Kafelnikov, ranked #7
1997: Lost 3R to Norman, ranked #65
1998: Lost 2R to Delgado, ranked #97
1999: Lost 2R to Medvedev, ranked #100
2000: Lost 1R to Philippoussis, ranked #25
2001: Lost 2R to Blanco, ranked #76
2002: Lost 1R to Gaudenzi, ranked #69.

That says it all.
To be fair though - Kafelnikov and Medvedev have both been ranked no.1 and Philippoussis as high as 8. Not to mention gravel being Sampras' weakest surface.

To be fair though - Kafelnikov and Medvedev have both been ranked no.1 and Philippoussis as high as 8. Not to mention gravel being Sampras' weakest surface.
Oh absolutely. He was indeed a great but not at the same level as the more modern top 3 that's all I'm trying to say.

Well done to Djokovic.

Has now won everything

Record 24 Grand Slams
Career Grand Slam
Every Masters 1000
ATP Year end title
Davis Cup
Olympic Gold
Most weeks at No 1

.............but Federer is still the GOAT for me.:p

Pretty clearly Nole now I would say.

Will always prefer Federer of the 3 for the joy of watching but if my life was on the line it is Djokovic.
This essentially covers it for me. I think Federer was the most watchable and probably my favorite player of all time (toss up with Borg), however I think there's little doubt now that Djokovic is the GOAT.

Very similar to my views on football. Ronaldo is my favorite player since Best but I think there's little doubt now that Messi is the better of the two and IMLTHO the GOAT. I still have Ronaldo no worse than 4th though.

This essentially covers it for me. I think Federer was the most watchable and probably my favorite player of all time (toss up with Borg), however I think there's little doubt now that Djokovic is the GOAT.

Very similar to my views on football. Ronaldo is my favorite player since Best but I think there's little doubt now that Messi is the better of the two and IMLTHO the GOAT. I still have Ronaldo no worse than 4th though.

There will never be little doubt

I preferred Nadal but Novak is the best

At least he's a United fan.