Music Great Cover Versions

Really like this myself

Not joking either

Possibly the worst Oasis cover I've ever hear plus an irrelevant overproduced version of a half decent Snow Patrol song is the best you can come up with?

just listening to radiohead do 'wish you were here' - thom yorke sang it down the phone for the recording, if i remember correctly (not as some kind of artsy/pretentious thing, think it was for something in america being done live or something, not sure).

it's good though!

The man is some player. Very Stevie Ray in style. Seen him about 5 or 6 times over here, it's great because he plays some of the smaller venues.

Gravity is exceptional on that live album. His band are incredible n all.

He does quite a few covers on that actually...all excellent.

I got it on Blu-ray and yeah I believe Freefallin' is even better than Petty's original. Awesome cover.

Yup, his studio albums are good but live he just takes it on a whole new level.

From that live performance I also like 'Lake of Fire' and 'Plateau', both songs by the Meat Puppets I believe

Cover of a song by Robert Johnson. If anyone hasn't listened to Johnson's 'Complete Recordings', what are you waiting for?

Actually - Heard it through the Grapevine is a great cover by both CCR and Marvin Gaye - considering it was wrote for Smokey Robinson.

John Legend (couple posts above) also does a good cover of I Want You (She' so Heavy), but only live from what I can tell.

Oh look, it's the music Nazi.

Frank Zappa's - Stairway to Heaven, a fantastically wild interpretation with horn instruments covering Pages' solo. Really great and fun take on one of the all time classics, probably the quintessential infact classic rock track.

I particularly like the way it goes into "If you go down to the woods today" for literally no reason at the end.

I particularly like the way it goes into "If you go down to the woods today" for literally no reason at the end.

Yeah, I guess it adds that fairytale-esque finish to a song which in fairness is quite Brothers Grimm in lyricism anyway; 'if there's a bustle in your hedgerow' and all that. I think it's a pretty perfectly suited yet crazy finish to a whirl-wind of madness!

Also Hotel California - By The Gypsy King's - a fantastic version of another All Time Classic Rock Staple.

I hate the song because when I try the solo I go instantly out of time and can't help but play the first note of Comfortably Numbs solo by mistake.

I'm not a clever man.

Also Hotel California - By The Gypsy King's - a fantastic version of another All Time Classic Rock Staple.

I hate the song because when I try the solo I go instantly out of time and can't help but play the first note of Comfortably Numbs solo by mistake.

I'm not a clever man.

:lol:

Actually, this probably deserves a video:

So much energy!

Fleet Foxes' Robin Pecknold,

Everything he/they do is fecking brilliant. Outstanding band and a genius singer/songwriter.

In a Hendrix mood at the moment, I always considered him the best artist when it comes to covers.

Not Fade Away -Stones

The prince on harmonica

Oasis' version is far superior imo. One of the last great things they did.

While I am under no illusions the the music police (the ones who think they are better qualified than everyone else to decide whats music is best) will not slate -

Love her.

Also, this one by the end product of a Hernandez, Valencia and Nani gang bang, that I heard the other week, is quite awesome.

If anybody wants to see some decent covers, have a look at the album "See my Friends" by Ray Davis of the Kinks. It has some fantastic covers of kinks songs from people like Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Paloma Faith, Mumford & Sons etc.

While I am under no illusions the the music police (the ones who think they are better qualified than everyone else to decide whats music is best) will not slate -

Love her.

Never heard her before but I hate it when people vocally overcomplicate a song like that. It reminds me of Idol auditions where people with half decent voices try to impress the judges. She also seems to have a lisp which means she can't pronounce all of the words properly.