Ghostbusters.....

so now that this movie is out, how is it? because I'm not going to spend money to watch this.

I saw it last night, it was really cheesy but it did have some funny moments. The opening 20 mins or so was quite scary as well i thought. The story was basically GB 1 and 2 combined. God knows why they couldn't make an original story.
5.5/10 for me.

I enjoyed it but there's nothing that'll change the minds of those that have already decided that it's not for them.

Not everything works and some of the cameos/ongoing jokes are very forced but if you can separate it from the original then its pretty fun.

What the hell is this?!

Apart from the feeling I got when the one licked the gun thingy, this has disaster written all over it

Is this supposed to be a reboot or a sequel? If a reboot, why does it reference the first films at the start of the trailer.

Look crap anyway. currently has a 4.6 rating on imdb...

RedletterMedia getting absolutely right again.

I havent seen the original Ghostbuster movies.. So I dont care if its a remake or how much it is copied. It was alright. Some funny moments. Kate McKinnon was great.

I couldn't finish it, it was terrible.

Its nothing to do with Ghostbusters being hallowed ground, Ghostbusters II basically pissed on its own legacy and Aykroyd had been whoring around Ghostbusters 3 for long enough for it to have lost any artistic integrity anyway. Its not a female thing either, the actors are more than capable of being leads in genuinely funny, female centric movies (Bridesmaids, The Heat - both Feig movies which I liked).

I havent seen the original Ghostbuster movies.. So I dont care if its a remake or how much it is copied. It was alright. Some funny moments. Kate McKinnon was great.

Yeah I didn't think it was too bad, Not as bad as I was expecting anyways. I'd be shocked if we see a sequel mind.

The cardinal sin this film made was rebooting the series. They should have just made it in the same universe...

Watched this today. Not as bad as I expected but not particularly great either.

Chris Hemsworth's character was the highlight which sums it up I guess.

Typical that you would see the man as the best part of the movie, that's because you're racist towards women. Yup

I loved when he heard the loud noise and put his hands over his eyes. Genius imo.

Is it still sexist to hate this movie

30 mins in and it's so much worse than I was expecting and the women are fecking awful

Nah, but the reaction to the movie, before it was released, was sexist.

Most people only questioned its necessity and appropriateness not the general ability of a feminine cast to make a good movie. Take any classic purposefully rewritten for a minority and you'd have the same reaction.

Heck the criticism was no different to when the yanks take a british series or film and remodel it. People don't like to see what they like changed.

Anyway it was dreadful as everyone expected

Just looking at the breakdowns on IMDB again and it's hilarious, a full 18% of men rated it as a 1. Other less-than-well received remakes fare a bit differently - The Lone Ranger and Total Recall only have 2% rate it that low. In terms of bad sequels - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has 3.7% rate it as a 1, the Phantom Menace has 3.1%.

Weird, innit.

It's a good review. RLM's reviews usually are. Unfortunately, it's led to an influx of alt-right types in the comments who seem intent on proving that Paul Feig's unhelpful 'men are silly' schtick is correct.

RLM again.

Can't really disagree with any of that.

The only disagreement I have is that they are overstating just how good the original was. The 1984 Ghostbusters is a good fun halloween film with a great theme song but nothing really more than that.

In the original Murray character when around women appears to turn into a 1970s television presenter, the relationship between him and Sigourney Weaver character feels completely rushed(She seems to only date him because he won't leave her house) and then free market small government vibe and the fact Earth is now starting to resemble a bag of Fox's Glacier Mints really hasn't aged the film very well at all.

Last edited: