Gareth Southgate

keithsingleton

If Safegate does ever come to United we’re in serious trouble. Arguably the best attacking force in world football presently yet still can’t score. The last 3 games have been very painful and frustrating to watch. This is the best English side ( on paper ) I’ve seen since the World Cup in 66.

It hurts to say in some ways but the truth is if Pep or Klopp was in charge not only would we have a bag full of goals we won of had 2 wins already in this competition. The only saving grace is the Euro’s (( hopefully )) got in the way of coming to OT.

Tactical mastermind plays right back in center midfield and watches him get his lunch eaten by Højbjerg. :lol:

There should be riots if he ever comes close to the united job, absolute riots and I mean it. If he ever becomes the united manager that would be the death of me. This grim reaper of the beautiful game which we call football should never be mentioned together with Manchester United.

I think when all the info about the strategic review came out there was no mention of Southgate. I don’t think serious people ever linked him to us. However it’s worrying if INEOS rate him in any shape or form for a club job.

I wouldn't trust him to manage a League Two club. I'm not even joking. He has zero tactical nous. Score and retreat is all he knows.

Graham Potter is the current favourite to replace to him and he would be a massive upgrade on Southgate and I don't even rate Potter that highly.

I’m not being dramatic when I say I think I’d find something else to do for a couple of years if he got the job. LvG’s tenure had me bored enough that match times became cleaning the house time towards the end of his tenure.

With Southgate there’d be no optimism of the unknown, you know what you’re getting and it’s fecking awful.

Gareth Southgate is holding England back with his overly cautious tactics. His negative approach makes world class players look like they have never played football before. That’s what happen when you give a formula 1 car to a kart driver.

Was absolutely mad that anybody thought England would actually win the euros with this guy in charge :lol:

He doesn't do himself any favours coming out with shit like that.

I think it was quite telling that lots of players came out to say Southgate doesn’t ask us to sit back. Except Kane….who basically said, we’re not sure what he’s asking us to do.

He's going to be known as Southgategate after this tournament.

Checks Notes.... oh yes a fired & relegated manager at Middlesbrough. Some things/people never change.

I think when all the info about the strategic review came out there was no mention of Southgate. I don’t think serious people ever linked him to us. However it’s worrying if INEOS rate him in any shape or form for a club job.
Says a lot about INEOS if what we read has any substance about Safegate is true.

I'd say Mainoo's first season this year has already beaten anything Phillips has done in his career; yet is getting 0 minutes.

I can't say the same about Wharton as I didn't keep up with his season, but he already looks like he'll be better than Phillips ever was. I always found him overrated at Leeds, and when he was starting for England.

Squad selection is all wrong. Instead of picking players who have played well for England previously he’s trying to shoehorn in form PL players into the team same as every team the previous England manager. He’s also sackless tactically.

Allegedly Southgate refused to interview because he thought it would be disrespectful to England. Ten Hag needs to wind his neck in, stop biting at everybody in his punditry appearances and sign whatever contract Ineos put in front of him, or we may well end up with this absolute clown show in charge for a couple of years.

that Kalvin Phillips quote really is something else. Holy cow.

I've said it before - if that clown ever gets the United job, I'll have to take a break.

Southgate lamenting the loss of Kalvin fecking Phillips sums him up so much.

If he ever did become Utd manager I think that would be enough for me to have to take a break. He's fecking grim.

He won’t get a sniff of a top job in England any time soon.

He's a throwback in tactics where you'd pick an England team based on names and not structure. Whatever about Palmer not playing, shoving Foden, Kane and Bellingham in the same formation when they play in the same zone, playing Trent in a midfield two, not helping Trippier by playing a naturally hard working, width providing Gordon.

Mind you it's not a shock, it's the media hype without seeing the issues, go to any other country and England aren't mentioned as favourites, partially based on a shit manager, but mostly cause it's the sequel to the Gerrard/Lampard shit show where you shove a load of star names into a team with no idea where to play them.

I could never understand how he got the job in the first place.

England are just wasting one of the best sqauds they might have in a decades, because they are too stubborn to admit what is so glaringly obvious.

If he ever comes close to United, I’m taking a break from football.