GAA 2024

Fine margins that semi final was today. Both had 15 scores and both had 27 shots on goal. The games only goal proved the key score and that was point effort that ended up in the net.

Makes for interesting final. Two very fit and conditioned team with strength in depth last three championship meeting

2022 - Galway won on penalties
2023 - Armagh won by a point
2024 in the group stages - a draw

Wow. Wanted Clare to win but that’s a horrible way to lose. Should have been a free too

The poor fecker missing the point at the end, Jesus. If Cork GAA weren't the equivalent within the GAA of the English national team within international football you'd feel bad for them

Hand pass x50, kick at goal. Repeat. Shite sport.

Hurling is high octane.

Genuinely don't know why teams don't just have a selection of big kickers that can score from the 45 in play. At this stage every team knows all they have to do is get back and pack up the center because players aren't allowed to shoot from anywhere outside the posts.

It's become an unwatchable game at all levels.

One of the worst finals in recent memory. Far too much hand passing. Shouldn't be able to win an All Ireland with 12 scores.

Enjoyed that last 10. Armagh deserved winners and I'm delighted for them. It just seems to mean more to them too.
Savage stuff.

Galway left alot behind for sure but I think Armagh still would have one

Enjoyed that last 10. Armagh deserved winners and I'm delighted for them. It just seems to mean more to them too.
Savage stuff.

Galway left alot behind for sure but I think Armagh still would have one
Yeah, it felt like Galway were content to play the game on Armagh's terms rather than impose themselves on it. I guess Finnerty would have converted some of those missed shots, he was a huge loss early on.
Armagh deserved it, had more hunger and drive, Galway seemed to be sleepwalking for most of the game, confident they would do enough to get over the line and then proceeded to bottle chances they've converted with ease throughout the season.

Armagh 1-11 from 19 shots and Galway 0-13 from 25 shots.

Galway will look back on that and think they should have won however pretty much all of their matches have been fine margins including matches against Westmeath,Sligo who they should be strolling past. Donegal,Dublin was good wins for them but like yesterday those matches could easily have swung the other way.

Armagh and McGeeney appeared to have more trust in their bench, they took off their top scorer Turbitt early in the 2nd half as he wasn't performing. Galway with Joyce in charge kept Comer on too long who didn't look fit and the same goes for Walsh who was bizarrely left on frees and one of their best free takers Tierney was subbed off?

It was a wide open All Ireland championship with no stand out team and that alone has allowed unfancied Armagh team win and next year will be another wide open championship which is good for the sport even if a lot of the games are poor quality error ridden contests.

Armagh 1-11 from 19 shots and Galway 0-13 from 25 shots.

Galway will look back on that and think they should have won however pretty much all of their matches have been fine margins including matches against Westmeath,Sligo who they should be strolling past. Donegal,Dublin was good wins for them but like yesterday those matches could easily have swung the other way.

Armagh and McGeeney appeared to have more trust in their bench, they took off their top scorer Turbitt early in the 2nd half as he wasn't performing. Galway with Joyce in charge kept Comer on too long who didn't look fit and the same goes for Walsh who was bizarrely left on frees and one of their best free takers Tierney was subbed off?

It was a wide open All Ireland championship with no stand out team and that alone has allowed unfancied Armagh team win and next year will be another wide open championship which is good for the sport even if a lot of the games are poor quality error ridden contests.
Gaelic Football is getting out of control relative to its supposedly amateur ethos.
The demand on players is unreal for lads that have jobs. I'm involved at minor level in a meath club and we've got a senior football team that aren't at the top table. Division 2. We're middle of the road. The training 6 times a week is ludicrous and we'd only have one or two players in the Meath panel. And then in the grand scheme of things the Meath club level of senior football is miles behind the counties like Derry, Galway, Dublin, etc.
Already the rabid pricks that form the club executive here are pressing us to train the minors more . Its win at all costs.

To have a wide open All Ireland is great but the type of football with this low block and men behind the ball , goal keeper in midfield etc has alot to do with a dull spectacle.

Gaelic Football is getting out of control relative to its supposedly amateur ethos.
The demand on players is unreal for lads that have jobs. I'm involved at minor level in a meath club and we've got a senior football team that aren't at the top table. Division 2. We're middle of the road. The training 6 times a week is ludicrous and we'd only have one or two players in the Meath panel. And then in the grand scheme of things the Meath club level of senior football is miles behind the counties like Derry, Galway, Dublin, etc.
Already the rabid pricks that form the club executive here are pressing us to train the minors more . Its win at all costs.

To have a wide open All Ireland is great but the type of football with this low block and men behind the ball , goal keeper in midfield etc has alot to do with a dull spectacle.
Out of control indeed and for what? The burden put on players will result in players retiring much earlier.

Out of control indeed and for what? The burden put on players will result in players retiring much earlier.

We've lads walking away in droves. It's too much. The enjoyment is gone at our club.
I'm half thinking of jacking it next year and going back to u9s. Try and reinject enjoyment