Television From - TV Series | Season 3 airs September 22 - Episode 5 out now

Probably sensible for Fatima to leave out that as well as eating rotten food, she's also been eating blood from a dead person.

That reunion between Victory and Henry got me.

Think the lunchbox was key as to why Tabitha got to the lighthouse while Dale... didn't. Think the suitcase of possessions that Victor has been saving will play a part too.

Good episode on the whole.

It’s such a brilliantly bad show.
I love it. It’s one of the only shows I’ll eagerly wait for every week. It’s infuriating but I can’t get enough of it.

I was disgusted last episode, in complete bits at parts of this episode and laughing my head off at the end. It’s got everything.

the reunion with Victor and his dad was an emotional lump hammer

And the Dale bit at the end was fecking hilarious. I knew going through the tree would be a mistake but I never saw that coming :lol:

Probably sensible for Fatima to leave out that as well as eating rotten food, she's also been eating blood from a dead person.

That reunion between Victory and Henry got me.

Think the lunchbox was key as to why Tabitha got to the lighthouse while Dale... didn't. Think the suitcase of possessions that Victor has been saving will play a part too.

Good episode on the whole.
yeah agreed on the lunchbox thing. I think that’s why she ended up in Maine. They’ll maybe learn about who else was there and use those items to end up in different places. The polaroid camera and missing motel reference must have something to do with it. Maybe the monsters were all originally guests at the motel back in the 50s when something happened.

Joke of a show, but can’t stop watching. I saw an interview with one of the showrunners a while back, and he admitted they were going in a Lost-y direction, meaning they want it to fundamentally be a drama about human relationships with some supernatural elements sprinkled in. He said we shouldn’t expect too many answers to the mysteries. But we’ve been talking about faraway trees, bottles, symbols, mystery phone calls and monsters of unknown origin for 2,5 seasons now. Give us something concrete (hehe), anything.

Joke of a show, but can’t stop watching. I saw an interview with one of the showrunners a while back, and he admitted they were going in a Lost-y direction, meaning they want it to fundamentally be a drama about human relationships with some supernatural elements sprinkled in. He said we shouldn’t expect too many answers to the mysteries. But we’ve been talking about faraway trees, bottles, symbols, mystery phone calls and monsters of unknown origin for 2,5 seasons now. Give us something concrete (hehe), anything.
Which is stupid because there’s barely a single human relationship in this that compares to one from Lost. Just a shitload of Nikki & Paolo’s living in a town.

I'm not a fan of Jim but having to deal with a mix of Tabitha, Ethan and the daughter, it can't be easy.

That ending :lol:

Feels like they wrote that episode as if to say “see? this is what happens when everyone talks to each other and has a meeting about the goings on”. They’re sharing stuff now but it’s taking up the whole episode to do it.

We don’t need to see every bit of information being passed on but it helps to imply it or at least do it in a more concise way. I thought the Victor dad reunion was done decent at least.

Also have they completely dropped the “I’m gonna catch one of those things” plotline or what.
The ending was fantastic. He long had it coming.

I think this episode maybe explained why they actually don't talk much to each other. They had the town meeting, everyone spoke, and a man goes runs into a tree and dies.

I'll admit that they did talk a lot more this episode but, that being said, not much progress was made. Again. Every episode is usually just one day in the town and I think they need to speed up things a bit or we'll be watching this for ten seasons and have no answers.
I love it. It’s one of the only shows I’ll eagerly wait for every week. It’s infuriating but I can’t get enough of it.

I was disgusted last episode, in complete bits at parts of this episode and laughing my head off at the end. It’s got everything.

the reunion with Victor and his dad was an emotional lump hammer

And the Dale bit at the end was fecking hilarious. I knew going through the tree would be a mistake but I never saw that coming :lol:
I was certain he'd die. Just not THAT way :lol:

Fairly certain Victor and his dad will go hunting for Jasper and, somehow, his dad dies and that will finally push Victor over the age and make him do...something.

This show is so weird. I look forward to watching episodes, but only to see what Boyd, Jade, Victor, Kenny, Randall, and maybe Jim/Kristi/Sara do. If they completely cut out the terrible acting in the colony house, Julie, Tabitha, Fatima, Ellis, Ethan, like if they edited out these characters entirely or just killed them off, the show would be so much better and easy to recommend. Going from scenes with great actors like Jade and Victor to Julie talking to Ellis and Fatima is like watching a completely different daytime teen drama. I hate, hate, hate these characters to the point I just skip ahead if one of the normal actors isn't in it. I don't understand how casting can get so many choices right and just as many wrong. This show has lots of Lost writers/producers, but that show had probably a 95%+ success rate with choosing good actors. So I'm just baffled with these decisions

It’ll almost certainly be the origin of the monsters, because it means we will still have no idea about anything else.

It’ll almost certainly be the origin of the monsters, because it means we will still have no idea about anything else.
Its going to have something to do with the motel given the references to it in the recent episode.

Its going to have something to do with the motel given the references to it in the recent episode.
Judging by the next episode stills, it's going to be the numbers and what they mean. Ethan is working on it, so he'll figure it out based upon his extensive Cromenockle knowledge.

Screenshot-2024-10-24-085707.png

Judging by the next episode stills, it's going to be the numbers and what they mean. Ethan is working on it, so he'll figure it out based upon his extensive Cromenockle knowledge.

Screenshot-2024-10-24-085707.png

Anything to get the little cnut to stay inside.

Anything to get the little cnut to stay inside.
I'd rather he run outside one last time and get killed.

Also, I was reading a Tweet from someone who has seen the finale and apparently one of the key answers/questions finally get answered.

Ok I'm all up to date with it now and I've landed on
It’s such a brilliantly bad show.
Which is about right. Though any use of "brilliant" in relation to it is probably a bit much.

There's so much about it that is genuinely dreadful, the standard of acting to begin with. There's a couple of them doing a decent to good job, a bunch of them that are pretty much NPCs and deliver their lines with the same conviction as Casemiro defending, and the rest that are soap-opera level awful (and there's a lot of the latter). The writing (the dialogue part, I mean) is pretty poor overall and the amount of inconsistencies and irrational things happening (in terms of how humans, even under stress, would behave) is getting a bit much.

Nevertheless, it's okayish and oddly watchable, though they're really towing the line with the audience's patience and they're getting towards a breaking point where if things don't start to at least get slightly explained, it's just going to be overly frustrating and boring.
I mean, admitting they're going in a Lost-y direction isn't really necessary, it's glaringly obvious and has been since the first episode. The bolded, though, is a massive failure so far, and if they really wanted that, they should have recruited a competent cast and learned how to write decent dialogue between human people.

Makes me long for the brilliance of The Leftovers who achieved exactly that in the best way possible.

Is it Sunday yet? I want to know if they just leave Dale in the swimming pool wall or cut him out and bury him?