French League - 'Ligue 1' 2016/17 | AS Monaco Champions!

They're 18 goals ahead on goal difference. They can lose both games by a 1 goal margin and still win the league comfortably unless PSG manage to score 17 goals more than the opposition in their last game.
Oh it's 69 and 51. I read it as 61 and 59 for some reason. Well, the titles done then!

Fantastic achievement for when they officially confirm it.

Also goes to show the effect Zlatan had for PSG.

Fantastic achievement for when they officially confirm it.

Also goes to show the effect Zlatan had for PSG.
Not sure even Zlatan would have managed to do much to stop Monaco. Cavani has scored 48 goals this season apparently..

Not sure even Zlatan would have managed to do much to stop Monaco. Cavani has scored 48 goals this season apparently..
So PSG have replaced Zlatan's goals but not Cavani's?

Congratulations to the current best portuguese coach at the moment, the Real Special One Leonardo Jardim. :drool:

So PSG have replaced Zlatan's goals but not Cavani's?

Zlatan scored 38, Cavani has 33, but the big difference is that Zlatan also provided 13 assists compared to 3 for Cavani. The goals have been replaced, but not the creativity.

As a PSG fan and the creator of this thread, I have to say Monaco fully deserve to be champions.

PSG has made an odd season.

Do you think Emery can stay?

I'd say it would depend on the coaches available on the market.

PSG has always tried to recuit Simeone.

I read today they want Jardim :lol:

Also the president of PSG sacked Blanc 2-3 weeks after he publicly said the coach would would stay

If they want it I don't know, but he probably wouldn't accept.:nono:

He seems to be a grateful and loyal guy, so yeah I don't think he would move this summer for PSG.

PSG can't ignore his CV

He seems to be a grateful and loyal guy, so yeah I don't think he would move this summer for PSG.

PSG can't ignore his CV
If he accepted it would be 2 in 1, the club I like more in France, and the real chance to fight for the Champions League, I only wanted Monaco to win this year because he never won an major title and because PSG won so many in a row and will keep winning in the future.

He should accept it, but the day he leaves Monaco he will go to another country, he probably doesn't want to have an bad relation with Monaco.

Excellent....

I'm so pleased that Al-Psg, like Abu Dhabi Athletic ( and, sadly, like ourselves, I suppose ) have shown that money isn't everything.

Most of all, I'm really, really pleased for Falcao....His time with us was a nightmare only because he wasn't fit, not because he didn't have the talent.

Like every year, the Trophées UNFP (main awards of French football) were voted by the players of L1 and L2:

Best player: Edinson Cavani

Best young player: Kylian Mbappé

Best goalkeeper: Danijel Subasic

Best coach: Leonardo Jardim

Best 11:

Subasic (Monaco) – Sidibé (Monaco), Glik (Monaco), Thiago Silva (PSG), B.Mendy (Monaco) – Seri (Nice), Verratti (PSG), Bernardo Silva (Monaco) – Mbappé (Monaco), Cavani (PSG), Lacazette (Lyon)

Best goal: Memphis Depay

Best player of Ligue 2: John Bostock

Best goalkeeper of L2: Nicolas Douchez

Best coach of L2: Bernard Blaquart

Best 11 of L2:

Douchez (Lens) – Alphonse (Sochaux), Jeanvier (Reims), Z.Diallo (Brest), F.Mendy (Le Havre) – Zoubir (Lens), Nivet (Troyes), Bostock (Lens) – Boutaïb (Strasbourg), Niane (Troyes), Alioui (Nîmes)

Best French player playing abroad: N’Golo Kanté

Best player of women D1: Dzsenifer Marozsan (Lyon)

Best young player of women D1: Sakina Karchaoui (Montpellier)

Best referee of L1: Ruddy Buquet

Best referee of L2: Alexandre Castro

UNFP trophy of honor attributed to Raymond Kopa who passed away in March.

Monaco XI: 1-Subasic 25-Glik 5-Jemerson 19-Sidibé 23-Mendy 2-Fabinho 8-Moutinho 27-Lemar 10-Silva 29-Mbappé 9-Falcao

Florentin with a classic Pogba haircut.

Mbappe is incredible, oh my god, really we're being spoiled with Messi and Ronaldo, but Neymar and now this guy? Jesus christ.

Mbappe is incredible, oh my god, really we're being spoiled with Messi and Ronaldo, but Neymar and now this guy? Jesus christ.

Calm down, he isn't there yet.:lol: