Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea just need sorting out, as they have the tools to be brilliant,

Spent loads of money on attacking players, playing people put of position, neglecting areas of weakness for marginal gains in attack wasn’t the answer this summer. Whoever sanctioned the Kepa transfer as well .....

Tuchel is good. I thought his hands were tied a bit at PSG because Neymar and Di Maria are prima donnas who dont want to work at all.

I think he will do well with this Chelsea team.

Chelsea has too many good players, some of them are even high quality players like Pulisic, Ziyech & Werner, as well as Havertz,

Kante is a proven high quality midfielder in the PL.

James & Chilwell are excellent fullbacks wo can contribute to attacking play,

Kovacic is a very good midfielder,

and Mason is an excellent young England International. Abraham & Hudson-Odoi are very good young players.

not to forget Silva with his massive experience

they ought to be able to perform much much better than they are now, not sure what Lampard was doing with such good collection of players..

Seems harsh but losing a Championship playoff final does not qualify you for a job such as Chelsea.

He was however offered the job of his dreams within a year of becoming a manager so he was always going to take it.

In a decade he will probably look back and think that was silly.

Abramovich has to take some responsibility here for the same reason, I get that Lampard is a club legend as a player but where's the managerial apprenticeship?

Surely you should have to do more to earn these top jobs. If he'd have had success elsewhere he was always going to get the job one day so why not be patient?

Gerrard has been clever by going to a job where he had a 50/50 chance of winning the title early in his managerial career. When they close out the league this season he's put a huge tick in a box and the powers that be at Liverpool will obviously have noticed for future reference.

Arteta and Ole are in similar boats to Lampard, no managerial success of note at any decent level, they're under extra pressure and will be cut no slack. Fortunately for us at the moment Ole is doing very well!

But the proof is in the pudding at the end of the season, there's a reason it's been Klopp vs. Pep for the last few seasons.

Edit: I forgot to mention Lampard has a right to have expected a lot more from his 2 German forwards, especially Werner.

Anyone who pretends to know the answer to this is making it up.
The most honest answer I have seen on the caf :lol:
Another poster said you'd spoken to him before he moved to PSG so at least he was a known entity/of some interest

You were calling he will not be sacked this season and willing to have a wager.

And not a single poster had the balls to take me up on that offer!

I don't think I offered a bet of "not getting sacked this season" though.

If you can find a post of mine saying he won't be sacked this season, I'd be surprised, I'm not usually that dumb with my bets bitnypu never know!

Far better than PE teacher ole yet being sacked.

Seriously though, where are all the posters who argued that he was so much better then solskjaer. Yet another example of being able to spout any nonsense you like and never having to back it up

Its not really a level playing field though. If Ole was at Chelsea they likely wouldn't have given him the same patience as we have. Very different clubs.

Chelsea can make all the noises they like about wanting to be a certain type of club, but ultimately its in their bones to be an 'instant success at all costs' club full of peaks and troughs. They win a lot of trophies because of that philosophy, but they've never really built something that was able to consistently dominate.

Is Tuchel that good a coach? He wasn't a success at Dortmund and the PSG job was like shooting fish in a barrel with a rocket launcher. I can see this going the way of Emery at Arsenal - with any luck of course.
He is good. But he has his own issues, including issues with upward management. They say Chelsea is aware of those issues but I hope it back fires big time for them.

And not a single poster had the balls to take me up on that offer!

I don't think I offered a bet of "not getting sacked this season" though.

No shame in admitting you were wrong. Even the best of us get it wrong.

Wonder if they'll spend in the next few days to welcome him, really could use some defensive bolstering.

That attack - if he can get it clicking - should be incredible.

Was a matter of time. He was never going to survive there. Curious to see how Tuchel will do. Will take time to bed in, and I'm not fully convinced the players are all that really.

Athletic have been on the ball on this one, they were reporting Chelsea were working on a replacement a month ago, which makes sense as it takes time to get a manager in. I remember at the time people saying they were just speculating.

Chelsea are unique though, a bit like Madrid in a way. Clearly other things go on around the club that impact selection and the thought process. They have no natural leader at the back. I think the defensive side of the team is a shambles. Man for man, you’d rate them as having the 6th or 7th best defence at best. We sold them Chilwell for £50m and I’d argue we’ve still got 2 better players at left full back (Justin / Castagne) with another in Luke Thomas who has more potential. He was never the answer!

Reactions: golden_blunder
Should've stuck with him and backed him. Poor long term vision by Chelsea. We had some really bad moments with Ole but the club stuck with him and we are now on the up again and confidence is high.

Ah I see he fell out with whoever Marina is and that was one reason he was sacked. What a well run club they are. If Marina knows so much about football why doesn't she just coach the team. I imagine he was stuck with the typical shite transfers that he didn't want while being ignored on what he actually wanted and is now paying for it. The job probably came too soon but I reckon he'll go on to be a good coach in the coming years.

Its not really a level playing field though. If Ole was at Chelsea they likely wouldn't have given him the same patience as we have. Very different clubs.
Situations were different. Ole was struggling with Pereira and Lingard as starters, and Lampard was playing badly with a whole squad of excellent players

Seems harsh but losing a Championship playoff final does not qualify you for a job such as Chelsea.

He was however offered the job of his dreams within a year of becoming a manager so he was always going to take it.

In a decade he will probably look back and think that was silly.

Abramovich has to take some responsibility here for the same reason, I get that Lampard is a club legend as a player but where's the managerial apprenticeship?

Surely you should have to do more to earn these top jobs. If he'd have had success elsewhere he was always going to get the job one day so why not be patient?

Gerrard has been clever by going to a job where he had a 50/50 chance of winning the title early in his managerial career. When they close out the league this season he's put a huge tick in a box and the powers that be at Liverpool will obviously have noticed for future reference.

Arteta and Ole are in similar boats to Lampard, no managerial success of note at any decent level, they're under extra pressure and will be cut no slack. Fortunately for us at the moment Ole is doing very well!

But the proof is in the pudding at the end of the season, there's a reason it's been Klopp vs. Pep for the last few seasons.

Edit: I forgot to mention Lampard has a right to have expected a lot more from his 2 German forwards, especially Werner.

It's silly because he was always going to be given a crack at the role at some point.

Gerrard has been clever by going to a job where he had a 50/50 chance of winning the title early in his managerial career.

I think that’s doing a huge disservice to Gerrard. When he took over Celtic were miles ahead and have completely self imploded with Rangers closing in. He’s done an incredible job there.

The squad is good. This has been my point all along. You can’t compare Frank with Ole and Mikel Arteta who genuinely inherited poor squads.

I’m not saying the Chelsea squad is perfect or should be challenging for league titles but it is more than capable of being at least competitive with the Utd, Spurs and Leicester’s of this world

I was more referring to you thinking that they assembled it without much thought - I can't say if they really had a plan or playing style in mind while doing so but intended or coincidently, the team definitely looks suited to Tuchel's brand of football right now.

Unqualified in the first place but it’s utterly pointless hiring an inexperienced manager unless you’re willing to persevere through some tough patches. Being one of their greatest ever players didn’t buy him much good will so good luck to everyone else.

If you can find a post of mine saying he won't be sacked this season, I'd be surprised, I'm not usually that dumb with my bets bitnypu never know!
Well, water under the bridge.

How chelsea fans are reacting to Tuchel rumors?

Not sure what to make of this - they played well at time, and he looked like he had them playing good football, but on the other hand he seemed quite out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.