Footballer's Signature Celebrations

CR7, Di Maria with the heart thing which I really hate, Dybala with the mask, Mbappe with his arms crossed.
CR7 did this cringe thing? Is it in his Madrid days? I don’t recall him doing it at Man United.

Bale certainly did this cringe heart shaped celebration though

Kaka pointing his fingers into the air to thank the gods after scoring

CR7 did this cringe thing? Is it in his Madrid days? I don’t recall him doing it at Man United.

Me either, certainly not in spell 2 and I don't think that was a thing before he went to Madrid

amad-diallo-celebrates-sunderland-goal-against-millwall.jpg

I prefer the old days when players just shook hands after a goal.

Ohh no. I don't think he did. I was just pointing out different celebrations in the same sentence. CR7 has the classic "SIIIU" thing. I was talking about that one.

Ronaldo's "calma, calma". Always thought it was cooler than the other one

72ecda4046b94bfc68961c23ce9482bb85b6770a.pnj

Gerd Muller celebrated the way many players celebrated back then yet it looked unique to him, with his body frame.
John 'shoes' Moshoeu with the shoe celebration was pretty iconic.

"Willy Braciano Ta Bi, my former team-mate, had died a couple of weeks earlier. Willy was a good friend of mine, another Ivorian in the youth team at Atalanta, and he had always showed me a specific goal celebration and he said that when he scored his first goal for the Atalanta first-team, that was how he was going to celebrate. So, as soon as I scored against Milan, that came into my mind.

"Celebrate like Willy.

"So I did his celebration. I wanted to remember him like that. I had to remember my good friend. It was a very emotional moment for me, as well as being a great moment in my career."

We need a few good celebrations. After that stupid Sui been done to death and Mbappe basically copying it with a lame folded arms, it would be cool to have a few more interesting ones.

Tennis players used to sign the camera. That would be a signature celebration.

Signature celebrations are fine for your "normal" unimpressed goals but they really do feck up the atmosphere of the more major moments, hakimi's weird egg dance for example ruined a great emotional moment in my opinion.

Well ruined is an extreme word but which one do you prefer? A tardelli scream when there's an momentous goal or a relative daft signature celebration.

Tony Hibbert is iconic for never celebrating a goal.

If Hibbo scores we riot. Happened just the once. Possibly the biggest over reaction to a goal ever, even bigger than Inzaghi's when he tapped one in from half a yard.

Giggs and ince used to do this dance that was awful in a good way.
But the clear winner is the sharpe shuffle.

No mention of Inzaghi going mad in every celebration? Even if it's a 3-0 tap in?

I vaguely remember a Newcastle player donning a mask when he scored. Or did I dream this?

Always wondered why Havertz (of all people) is celebrating his Fifa goals (21 and 23 at least) via breakdance. Didn't find it online and I can't imagine it not being totally made up but would be hilarious if he ever did that.

Zidane one hand raised. Arshavin with the shush. Robben (failed) knee slide. Obafemi Martins with his acrobatics. Kaka pointing to God with his arms up. Totti sucking his thumb. Henry with the stone cold expressions.

The one I liked the most was not necessarily a celebration of the player, but the crowd at Old Trafford shouting RUUUUD whenever he scored.