Football & Sports Betting Thread 2023/2024

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Would have been nailed on if he won last night. Drifted well out now.
thing is, he's a personality, and he's doing something great for a sport which gets basically feck all attention anyway.

It always seems to goto the most drab sports person.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Fiorentina v Bologna - both teams to score @1.97

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Didn’t know sky bet do something called acca freeze where you have the option to freeze one of your games when it’s winning and it’s settled as a winner even if they lose. I’ve just done it on the Leicester game as there 1 man down. Got an acca with Chelsea and Leicester on.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Got a 7 fold on.

Stoke
Leeds
Southampton
Boro
Preston

still to go

City
Ipswich

£5 to return £375, £86 cash out offered so far.
I’ve got Ipswich as well, slightly concerning that they’re no win in 5 but hopefully they get the job done.

Ady87

I did this in play when Blackburn were 0-1 down.

Blackburn
Senegal
Roma
Getafe win + Greenwood G or A

£7.50 returns £180

Got a £50 cash out now Getafe are 2-0 up and Greenwood scored. Roma 0-0 halftime!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Just gained an easy 30 pound. Tenner on Newcastle to win at 3/1. Early pay out.

Ady87

Needed a Palmer goal or assist for 25/1 last night. Paddy gave me a free bet due to one selection failing. Put it on a bet tonight United and West Ham games and needed a Kudus SOT for £670.

Was greedy, could have picked Bowen for £500 still. Gutted :lol:

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
First bet of 2024. Thought it was over and then last minute equalizer :keano:

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Tuesday 13th February 2024
  • FC Copenhagen v Manchester City (8pm)
  • RB Leipzig v Real Madrid (8pm)
Wednesday 14th February 2024
  • Lazio v Bayern Munich (8pm)
  • Paris Saint Germain v Real Sociedad (8pm)

I'll be doing Man City ML + Real Madrid ML + Bayern ML.

Very risky as RB Leipzig are good in their own right (drew with Bayern Munich and narrowly lost to Leverkusen in a 5 goal thriller).

Additionally, Real Madrid have an injury crisis with Rudiger, Bellingham, Militao, and Alaba all out. Nacho is a question mark, as he missed the game against Girona.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Tuesday 13th February 2024
  • FC Copenhagen v Manchester City (8pm)
  • RB Leipzig v Real Madrid (8pm)
Wednesday 14th February 2024
  • Lazio v Bayern Munich (8pm)
  • Paris Saint Germain v Real Sociedad (8pm)

I'll be doing Man City ML + Real Madrid ML + Bayern ML.

Very risky as RB Leipzig are good in their own right (drew with Bayern Munich and narrowly lost to Leverkusen in a 5 goal thriller).

Additionally, Real Madrid have an injury crisis with Rudiger, Bellingham, Militao, and Alaba all out. Nacho is a question mark, as he missed the game against Girona.

I placed the bet thinking there's a 50% chance Real Madrid beat RB Leipzig. Didn't expect Bayern to be the one to cost me.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Two bets for me today, nothing flash:

Leeds v Leicester. - BTTS & Over 2.5 @ 2.0

Seems pretty good value. Both really good scorers and Leeds are never great at keeping clean sheets. Really big game though so could be cagey but I think the Evs is tempting despite that.

Leverkusen + Bologna double @ 1.86

This should be fairly straightforward (but never is) both teams in super form, both at home, both against weaker sides. In theory a solid double at an okay-ish price.

Berbaclass

I fancy Havertz booking today @ 5.0

I was thinking about potential bets last night and remembered in the reverse fixture, he was flying into tackles and being aggressive to the Newcastle players. I feel like he might play up top too to give Arsenal a more physical focal point and he's likely to get frustrated with Newcastle defending deep with his lack of pace. Think it also works if he plays midfield as Newcastle are quite combative (could also do a small Bruno G + Havertz booking double). I can totally see him smashing into somebody are being involved in something to get a card. Just a daft theory though!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Something iffy going on with bet 365 the past couple weeks.

Won £80 says it paid out £80 but account is only showing £79.56

So robbed of 44p.

Noticed this a few times recently, think it's corrected itself a couple times, but think it hasn't twice now.

Anyone else getting this?

big_jeffstar

Put on a 10 team accumulator yesterday with a random £3 balance I had left in bet365,
One team let me down…. For £1850…

I’m swear I’m giving up betting, it’s almost as depressing as watching United every week

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Had £700 on City -1.5 @ 1.80

Never panicked.
I had £50 on that, roughly the same odds, then put £200 on at HT for man city to win at 1.91 odds.

Had Onana to get booked £30 which somehow didn't happen, overall, done pretty well. Takes the pain of the loss away a bit.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Something iffy going on with bet 365 the past couple weeks.

Won £80 says it paid out £80 but account is only showing £79.56

So robbed of 44p.

Noticed this a few times recently, think it's corrected itself a couple times, but think it hasn't twice now.

Anyone else getting this?
And once again, it corrected itself in the end. Hell knows what's happening.

Berbaclass

I had £50 on that, roughly the same odds, then put £200 on at HT for man city to win at 1.91 odds.

Had Onana to get booked £30 which somehow didn't happen, overall, done pretty well. Takes the pain of the loss away a bit.
Good stuff mate.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
United games o 8.5, 9.5 etc. corners is free money every week. Never seen a team so in love with corners and the bookies haven't really picked up the trend so far.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
United games o 8.5, 9.5 etc. corners is free money every week. Never seen a team so in love with corners and the bookies haven't really picked up the trend so far.
I do quite regularly bet on corners in our games, I feel our defenders love knocking it out for a corner for no real reason.

Berbaclass

Nice to see a couple winners in here :lol:

Luckily I've stayed away from the other football today pretty much, checking results and it looks like I'd have been homeless.
Yeah haha definately man. I only had one other bet, Atalanta/Bologna and Bilbao/Barca Over 2.5 double. Think the bookies priced the Bologna game totally wrong (was 2.05)