Football podcasts

Brophs

The One and Only
I am juvenile, unfunny and pretentious so I suppose it's a fair cop. I must give the Tuesday Club a go, though.

alastair

ignorant
The Tuesday Club is just endless gold. It's the best one out there by a distance, although it never gets released on a Tuesday. Normally a Thursday, randomly.

Don16

Annoying cnut
I really need a new one to get into but that Tuesday club doesn't appeal to me. Any more general football ones? As far as I know the Tuesday club is mainly arsenal.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
You're right about the Ramble. They just come across incredibly pretentious to me, but maybe that's cos one of them appears to be called Marcus.
Marcus seems like a lovely lad really, Luke is one that is probably the most pretentious. He made one comment a few weeks back about Noel Hunt that went a bit too far I thought.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The Tuesday club is definitely the best specific club podcast out there particularly when Arsenal have a bad result on the weekend.

Alan Davies' rant over Liverpool not playing on the anniversary of Hillsborough was brilliant.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I wonder if we on here would all like the Tuesday Club so much if this was the year they went unbeaten? :) I think it's good that Ian Stone seems to be the most regular contributor these days, better that than Dover in his place.

I agree with much of what has been said about the Ramble, maybe i'm just not enough of a purist but their enthusiasm, style and analysis doesn't hit the mark with me.

Even if Football Weekly and TheGame merged i'm not sure how many decent guests you'd have to choose from. Admittedly Richardson and Marcotti can only work with the staff [on the whole] employed at their newspapers, you can almost hear the latter's migraine coming on when Tony Cascarino is asked a simpl question only then to completely misunderstand it.

Bread

I love the football ramble.

Tuesday club is great too, really funny. Wish United had a podcast that was a bit funnier. United rant is ok but they aren't exactly hilarious.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Today's was Football Weekly's best pod in a long time i thought, although it probably should come as no surprise given that the contributors were:

Auclair
Honigstein
Glendenning
Lowe

None of the woolly punditry from the established English cast at the newspaper.

As for The Game, is it impossible for Oliver Kay to take the BLOODY PHONE out of his mouth? Admittedly not a new problem for him but i found it particularly annoying during the section on the derby [which is all i have listened to thus far].

Rooney1987

Have to agree this weeks Football Weekly was one of the better episodes. Auclair, Honigstein, Glendenning and Lowe is the best Football Weekly line up.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Have to agree this weeks Football Weekly was one of the better episodes. Auclair, Honigstein, Glendenning and Lowe is the best Football Weekly line up.
Today's was Football Weekly's best pod in a long time i thought, although it probably should come as no surprise given that the contributors were:

Auclair
Honigstein
Glendenning
Lowe

None of the woolly punditry from the established English cast at the newspaper.

As for The Game, is it impossible for Oliver Kay to take the BLOODY PHONE out of his mouth? Admittedly not a new problem for him but i found it particularly annoying during the section on the derby [which is all i have listened to thus far].
Needs more Fernando Duarte.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Agreed, was an excellent edition of Football Weekly... Throw a bit of Michael Cox and/or Jonathen Wilson on their and it would have been perfect!

If anyone wants to listen to a crap football podcast that is poorly researched and none of the people on it seem to have a clue what they're talking about... then check out the EPL Talk podcast... it's woeful. This weeks gems included City dominating possession for the whole of the first half, and Rio Ferdinand being classless by celebrating in front of opposition fans...

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
^ I might look that up just to see how bad it is.

This week's TC ep is out, they recorded it in the back of a van on the M6 after the game [or perhaps one of those luxury Mercedes M Class things]. As bad it has been i expect many gooners still believed that they'd make that charge in the spring and sneak a CL place, now...

IrishLegend

I'm currently listening to the Tuesday Club (I know it's not United related but it's brilliant, you can't fault Davies, he does love the club), Football Weekly (Still the best one out there), The Game (Which can cause some prickled hairs but it's interesting) and The Football Ramble (which is kind of like me and a few mates after a few pints down the local!).

Oh and the Monday Night Club (the one on 5live) although I think it's Perry Groves on there who so much of a moron it hurts.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
^ I might look that up just to see how bad it is.

This week's TC ep is out, they recorded it in the back of a van on the M6 after the game [or perhaps one of those luxury Mercedes M Class things]. As bad it has been i expect many gooners still believed that they'd make that charge in the spring and sneak a CL place, now...
Just listened to Todays' Tuesday club... safe to say, it's essential listening!

Might have to look up this Bantam's Banter from tuesday night as well, the two lads from it came across quite well I thought.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Couldn't remember which was which. I think it's the one who played non-league football or something. He sound painfully thick and his opinions are laughable. You can tell Chappers just wants to slap him at times I think.
No that's Steve Claridge, who is truly fecking thick in most ways.

Ian McGarry isn't stupid but he's massively up himself and has a proven track record of being utterly wrong about everything.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Yesterday's pod of the Tuesday Club was a real microcosm of the Arsenal support in recent years.

The minority who audacity who actually have the audacity to call time on Wenger's spell at the club - Keith Dover

A majority still wanting to find excuses for his performance in recent years - Davies, Stone and Tayo.

The obsessions with Stoke.

Summer is almost here! We [from their PoV] beat Reading 5-2!

FW back to another poor line-up unfortunately.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Oh it was.

And Rory K Smith has not been a good new addition since he was introduced earlier in the year. Bloody annoying.

Marcotti seems to have a bit of a downer on Cleverley btw.

SecondFig

TheGame was terrible this week. Being stuck in traffic allowed me to verifying that out of 44 minutes they spend NINETEEN minutes on Newcastle v City, eight minutes on Liverpool v Villa, and nine minutes on the Club World Cup Final.

Which was fecking boring.
The Game has been terrible for years

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I gave the Anfield Wrap a listen yesterday give that we'd just played their lot. It was a quite frank assessment i thought, more astute in some ways than what we've heard from Fleet Street or the regular broadcasters.

The Game had another poor episode [just get rid of the Rory guy already], Football Weekly was chuckle heavy though.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I thought this weeks Football Weekly was pretty funny... not overly informative, though it wasn't the best panel for that. I enjoyed the laughs though.

prateik

Waiting for the Tuesday club.. Arsenal losing to the big sides and us signings Zaha.. Alan would be happy.

prateik

^No idea when they are returning..

Was listening to Football weekly extraa (last week).

Honigstein : Bayern have signed a Mainz defender.
Jimbo: Is he a sweeper?

Got nothing on the pod.. Made me laugh.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
The same ones mentioned earlier are the best podcasts mate, Football Weekly, Football Ramble, The Game. I've not tried the Tuesday Club (it's an Arsenal centric podcast) but it seems like it's worth a listen.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
The same ones mentioned earlier are the best podcasts mate, Football Weekly, Football Ramble, The Game. I've not tried the Tuesday Club (it's an Arsenal centric podcast) but it seems like it's worth a listen.
Thanks, I did scroll through but it seemed as though a lot were fairly old and I thought were probably inactive. So I am right in thinking there isn't a specific Manchester United one? And out of the Football Weekly, Football Ramble and the game are they all worth a listen? Or do they tend to repeat each other? And if so, which do you prefer?