Gaming Football Manager 2024

I thought I got too much into this. Someone has produced 364 page guide of his 152 players available loan with profiles for each player as though it's a real-life thing for other clubs to look at and see if they would want to take anyone on a loan.

I don't get what the point of this was.

Role-playing taken to the extreme!

He says it's because someone thought he couldn't possibly know who all of his players are with having so many and he wanted to prove a point. I don't get it either.

Madness!
Suppose it would be quite good as a portfolio example if you wanted to try real life scouting!

I've not seen such details since Miles researched his trip to America.

I thought I got too much into this. Someone has produced 364 page guide of his 152 players available loan with profiles for each player as though it's a real-life thing for other clubs to look at and see if they would want to take anyone on a loan.

:eek:

Started a new save in Sweden with Helsingborg and will be seeing how far I can get just signing Nordic players.

Promoted into the top division in the 1st season, winning the league relatively easily.
Just finished the 2nd season in 5th, which might be enough for a Conference League qualifying depending on the Swedish cup result from next season?!

Set a top league record for draws with 16 in a 30 game season :lol:

The massively annoying thing about this delay nonsense is that this appears to be staying at full price!

Has anyone got a steam code I can scrounge?

Starting my new save soon, doing some tactic testing right now.

I never normally make my own so rather than jump in right away I'm running one season simulations with City. Scaredy-cat! Aware that holidaying doesn't fully simulate the matches and testing them with City isn't representative of the side I'll be managing but still, reckon that if the sims win the league with them and/or trophies they're somewhat viable. If they fail they're not.

Want to play 4-4-2 with traditional wingers on attack. Currently running through a setup with dual target men up front, one on attack one on support. Simple CMs, one CM (De), one CM (Su). Playing no-nonsense centre backs, regular full backs on support and GK on defend. Much more direct passing, much higher tempo.

All a bit old-school. The only meta thing I'm doing is the out of posession stuff. Counter, counter press, high line etc. A fancier version of Stoke.

First test seemed good enough. 93 points, PL and the CL.

Second test changed the mentality from attacking to positive and they only finished 3rd.

Switched back to attacking for the current one but changed width from very wide to very narrow to see what that does.

Will try a few variations. TM (At) / PF (Su) & AF (At) / TM (Su) up top - At least 1 target man is non-negotiable to how I want this to work out. A BWM (De) instead of the CM (De), maybe a CAR (Su) instead of the CM (Su) but that's possibly a bit too fancy. Also want to see what happens with No-nonsense full backs in addition to the no-nonsense central defenders.

Screenshot-2024-10-16-082401.png

Started a build a nation in Iceland. Looking for freebies. I refuse to believe that this man is 25. Either he's doing dodgy passport work or he's a part time deep sea fisherman.

Screenshot-2024-10-16-082401.png

Started a build a nation in Iceland. Looking for freebies. I refuse to believe that this man is 25. Either he's doing dodgy passport work or he's a part time deep sea fisherman.
:lol: Definitely needs investigating

Has anybody tried an FM Nuzlocke challenge, like if a player gets injured he actually dies so you can't use them ever again?

That sounds almost impossible on this version given that they have decided keepers who never get injured suddenly start picking up 3 month ligament injuries.

Anyone attempted the challenge where you try to win the Champions League with Vaduz?

Can you get Liechtenstein's coefficient rating high enough so that their cup gets you into the Europa, or is it permanently stuck as Conference League entry?

Starting again from the Conference League (assuming you won the cup) if you failed at the CL seems like it'd get frustrating very quickly.

Anyone attempted the challenge where you try to win the Champions League with Vaduz?
Tried it on FM22. Got as far as finishing 3rd place in a CL group and then got knocked out the Europa league 2nd knockout round so had to the start CL qualification process from scratch all over again.
Think I stopped when I couldn't keep my best players and my scouts weren't finding the replacements I needed.
I did start one this year but now you can't even be credited with winning the Swiss top league anymore and it spoilt it for me.

Can you get Liechtenstein's coefficient rating high enough so that their cup gets you into the Europa, or is it permanently stuck as Conference League entry?

Starting again from the Conference League (assuming you won the cup) if you failed at the CL seems like it'd get frustrating very quickly.
It's almost impossible to fail at winning that cup, you're the only good team from Liechtenstein. I'm not sure about the coefficient as I don't remember seeing any mention of it when playing the save, they don't even have a league.

Starting the new save with Merthyr Town in the Southern Premier Division (English 7th tier).

Welsh team in the English pyramid, only going to field Welsh players. Always liked the idea of one-natioanlity saves. Could have picked easier ones but nevermind.

Going with this 4-4-2 that I'll be sticking to as much as possible. Trying to be simple and traditional up to a point barring the out of posession stuff and gk distribution.

h4GOX3b.png

One great thing about this club, they have a 10k capacity stadium if we ever get enough fans to fill it.

Not expecting rapid progress here, it's going to be a grind.

It's almost impossible to fail at winning that cup, you're the only good team from Liechtenstein. I'm not sure about the coefficient as I don't remember seeing any mention of it when playing the save, they don't even have a league.

I know the rest of the teams from Liechtenstein are generally a special level of shit.

Yeah, Liechtenstein are still ranked in the coefficient table despite only ever entering one team per season. Went into this season ranked 40th of 55 nations.

Yes you can that with their coefficent.

Not quite the same, but there is now that extra Champions League spot available for the best performing nations in Europe too. The thing where England can potentially have 5 teams. It aplies just as much to countries with 0 spots trying get 1 as it does the big nations with 4 spots trying to get 5.

Would still have to do well but not necessarily win it to have another bite of the cherry without dropping down again. All the points are averaged out for the participating clubs from each nation and if you're the only one then it's just your points that count divided by 1. Beaten finalists or semi finalist should do it, maybe even QF. Problem is the next season you'd have a no hoper qualifying for Europe as the runner-up of the Licehnstein cup and they'd drag you down again so it's a one-time second chance thing.

Not quite the same, but there is now that extra Champions League spot available for the best performing nations in Europe too. The thing where England can potentially have 5 teams. It aplies just as much to countries with 0 spots trying get 1 as it does the big nations with 4 spots trying to get 5.

Would still have to do well but not necessarily win it to have another bite of the cherry without dropping down again. All the points are averaged out for the participating clubs from each nation and if you're the only one then it's just your points that count divided by 1. Beaten finalists or semi finalist should do it, maybe even QF. Problem is the next season you'd have a no hoper qualifying for Europe as the runner-up of the Licehnstein cup and they'd drag you down again so it's a one-time second chance thing.

Looking at last season's, CL quarters would definitely be enough. All four losing CL quarter finalists individually got more points than the best nation average. Even EL quarters might be enough to get a spot, so you could even bypass winning that to get qualification.

2028 and already doing big runs in the CL? :confused:

Wondered where all my money was going in this new save - Merthyr have someone on £1900 a week when the total wage budget is £5300. Stupid!

5 star central defender for the 7th tier, he'd be good in the National League and a squad player for League Two. In real life he was sacked by Peterborough in 2019 for evading drugs testers having taken cocaine in recent days.

He'd have got a maximum 3 month ban, but because of the evasion and turning up at his hearing smelling of booze and having taken more coke the night before he got 4 years. :lol: Was with Welsh Premier League side Penybont for a year after his ban was served before signing this outlandishly large contract for this level.

Josh Yorwerth.

I don't know, they said it was a fluke themselves. Maybe they save scummed over and over again?

In previous posts he claims to be trying to do it with only players from Liechtenstein and he started with a team in the Swiss fourth tier. There's absolutely no way he's organically grown that side to have the Conference League run he had by the 2026/27 season, with only players from Liechtenstein, without save scumming.

I reckon he only abandoned winning the Conference League because he kept getting battered by Spurs in the return leg, no matter how many times he scummed it.

I don't know, they said it was a fluke themselves. Maybe they save scummed over and over again?
No idea, but if they're saying they started in the 4th division and are only signing players from the country as well then something weird is happening if they're not replaying matches.
23/24 season would have to win the cup
24/25 would have to win the Conference league
25/26 would have to win the Europa League
4 years in they would've had to have achieved that to even be in the Champions League, signing players from Liechtenstein. The players you get coming through are really not that good, especially at that stage of the game so consistently beating teams that much better than you is practically impossible under normal circumstances because. It could be something in the tactic or the custom database (you only get 2 Swiss leagues), or like someone in the comments, said it could be related to using instant results.

Playing FM manager Mobile and enjoying the hell out of it, but my team is not scoring goals.

Playing with a lone striker upfront because I had a shocking run of losses, but now I am drawing too many games I have dominated.

I don’t have the money to buy a superstar to go upfront.

My flanks are so weak defensively in a tradtional 4-4-2 setup. Though it might be a strong point but they're all over the place.

Got wingers on attack and full backs on support.

Wingers on attack aren't going to do too much defensively, but they're from the ML/MR slots rather than the AML/AMR ones which I thought might help a little. Would have thought they'd be no worse than AMR/AML on support from a defensive point of view if not better because they're slightly deeper.

Full backs on a support and they seem to get caught out a lot. Thought they might be doing better than they are as I usually have them on attack in other shapes. Was hoping they'd provide a bit more stability seeing as we have nobody in the DM slots to provide cover in an attempt to make this old-fashioned 4-4-2 work. Might toy around with hold position/man marking for these full backs, don't really want to put them defend or no nonsense.

Season's not going bad and it's mental how many we're scoring and conceding. Had a bad run where we lost 5 out of 6 recently, a bit out of the blue as we were going so well. Mind you, coincided with a few players suddenly getting pissed off with me. Was right on the heels of Hayes & Yeading until that happened. 9 games to go, we're not winning the league, playoff place pretty much guranteed. Hope we show up at the crunch time.
trH2IxZ.png

Won the Icelandic Premier Division 5 times in a row with FH, managed to get to first playoff round in CL a few times but just can't break past that yet. Got a monopoly on Iceland and slowly dragging the league and my attendances up so hoping to get a lucky draw soon where we can have a deep European run.

Playing FM manager Mobile and enjoying the hell out of it, but my team is not scoring goals.

Playing with a lone striker upfront because I had a shocking run of losses, but now I am drawing too many games I have dominated.

I don’t have the money to buy a superstar to go upfront.
I'm having the same problem. I cant crack the league at all with Mallorca.

I find the game way too easy this year.

I will start saves and after a couple of seasons it just becomes a bit pointless. I won the league and CL with Braga in my first season and it kinda ruined the save for me. Not touched it since which is a shame.

Have one with Bordeaux at the moment and managed to overhaul PSG as champions in my 3rd season back in Ligue 1 I think which isn't as bad but still. I'd really love to play a game as United but we have such good players and money it's just not a challenge at all.

I've actually started just quicksimming all games to make it a bit more random and in theory 'harder'

I will start saves and after a couple of seasons it just becomes a bit pointless. I won the league and CL with Braga in my first season and it kinda ruined the save for me. Not touched it since which is a shame.

Have one with Bordeaux at the moment and managed to overhaul PSG as champions in my 3rd season back in Ligue 1 I think which isn't as bad but still. I'd really love to play a game as United but we have such good players and money it's just not a challenge at all.

I've actually started just quicksimming all games to make it a bit more random and in theory 'harder'

It is, I kind of started doing saves to get achievements/do fun things like pyramid challenges or build a nation or something just to make it interesting.

It seems like you got the nice version of PSG. They were a machine in my recent Bordeaux save.

It seems like you got the nice version of PSG. They were a machine in my recent Bordeaux save.
They were the first two seasons but just started randomly fecking up in the 3rd and by that point I was good enough to put some serious pressure on them.

United in this year's version only have money if they are successful. Holiday a few seasons into the future and more often than not we get relegated due to the financial problems that comes from finishing outside the top half. I've seen it happen in like 2 or 3 saves of mine already. We don't get a tycoon takeover to save us either whereas clubs like Everton, Crystal Palace get tycoon takeovers all the time. Probably due to them being cheaper to buy but still frustrating.

United in this year's version only have money if they are successful. Holiday a few seasons into the future and more often than not we get relegated due to the financial problems that comes from finishing outside the top half. I've seen it happen in like 2 or 3 saves of mine already. We don't get a tycoon takeover to save us either whereas clubs like Everton, Crystal Palace get tycoon takeovers all the time. Probably due to them being cheaper to buy but still frustrating.
I'm talking about me managing them though, I can easily get them CL minimum

I'm talking about me managing them though, I can easily get them CL minimum
Holiday a few years into the future and see if we relegated after going into administration and try to take over when in Championship ? Should be a decent enough challenge with the reputation hit that comes with relegation and the lack of money.