Gaming Football Manager 2024

Its heavily discounted on Steam now. I’m thinking of getting it but will there be a mod or something once the transfer window ends and I can start with the 2024/25 season instead of 23/24?

"We are removing features that don't get used." How are press conference still in the game then? Are people actually doing them? :wenger:
First thing I do is set my assistant to take all press conferences, couldn't give a shit about spamming the same 5 responses.

Its heavily discounted on Steam now. I’m thinking of getting it but will there be a mod or something once the transfer window ends and I can start with the 2024/25 season instead of 23/24?

There are already transfer updates which do this. The only downside is that they can't remove point deductions from 23/24 as they've been hardcoded.

I'm sure you'll be able to find a database somewhere online to have all of the squads updated, but the player ratings will likely not change.

If you're planning in waiting until after the transfer window to start a save though, I'd recommend holding out for FM25. It's going to be a complete overhaul of the UI and match engine, with much improved graphics on the Unity Engine.

You'd probably feel like you were missing out

Does anyone remember the old 'il devasto' tactic in the older games?

Got bored and don't really like FM24. So I have done a few in-game months with the il devasto tactic on FM12 to remind myself how good it was. Ronaldo has scored 64 goals so far. It's January.

Nah they are tedious.
I can't see them ever removing them as it's a pretty common thing managers do. The ability to turn it off entirely would be nice for people that don't care for it though.

Would be something that might benefit from some sort of Chat GPT AI integration to keep the questions fresh and relevant though.

I can't see them ever removing them as it's a pretty common thing managers do. The ability to turn it off entirely would be nice for people that don't care for it though.

Would be something that might benefit from some sort of Chat GPT AI integration to keep the questions fresh and relevant though.

That would be great and I reckon they're probably working on that for future versions. Might be a bit too early for this UI but definitely in 26.

Yeah that could definately make it more interesting.

That is pretty much the only thing that can save them, just don't make me type out my responses, but they need to be more context aware and I'm not sure how well the game data can be factored in. If they just make a better chat bot people won't care again either.

Have you ever seen anything like it :lol:

I was super annoyed after doing so well in the groups that I got a hard draw and Porto drew Rangers...

GAxYSGe.png

ZGcQJH8.png

w2aRO0v.png

Tycoon takeovers in the PL are fecking insane. Everton with 260m budget. :lol:

West Ham and Crystal Palace have their own tycoon owners and Tottenham are rumoured to have a tycoon takeover too. Not to mention City casually dropping 274m on Yamal. :lol:

X6jFVeM.png

Decided to start one more save before the new version comes out.

Scottish wheeler-dealer challenge. Win the SPL without spending a penny on transfers or loan fees, starting in League Two.

Going with Clyde. 2nd largest stadium in the division which might come in play at some point. They were rubbish in reality, finished 2nd bottom.

Seems a nice doable challenge in a few weeks, expecting rapid progress up the leagues then it being a big fight once in the SPL.

Finally got into this Clyde save today, things going great.

They had a very competitive squad already and was able to add 5 players to it, 2 of them on just £10 a week. :lol: Feel a bit like Chelsea as we have 27 players now but it can be the case first season in, can't sell off the guys that were just signed in real life. Will trim down for season 2. The board only wanted playoffs which was top 4 out of 10.

Currently huge favourites for the league at odds of 1-91. Reached the Viaplay QF where were knocked out by SPL St. Mirren 2-1 aet, so close to a trip to Hampden Park. Got Championship Ayr United away in the SPFL Trophy 4th round, that will be tricky. As far as the league goes I'd be hugely dissapointed if we don't win it even at this early stage.

7CSQh1R.png

This Codjovi lad I signed on a free has been on fire.
DXFosDh.png

Smashed Scottish League 2, record points, record number of wins, record goals. Feel a bit sorry for Elgin who to their credit pushed us at times. Imagine coming 24 points clear of 3rd and not coming up!

EO794jG.png

Requested that we turn pro but the board denied it. Just got to plod on part-time.

Busy summer ahead - 12 out of contract and 5 loanees leaving.

I’ve not really stepped foot into this thread but anyway

For you guys, has this version just churned out so many world class players.

Me and a friend have been running the pentagon challenge, so we’ve not really had to look into top players, but as that is on the horizon, I look around a bit, and genuinely, the game is filled with world class players to the point that lots of mid table sides of top divisions have one or two elite players. It’s crazy

Me and a friend have been running the pentagon challenge, so we’ve not really had to look into top players, but as that is on the horizon, I look around a bit, and genuinely, the game is filled with world class players to the point that lots of mid table sides of top divisions have one or two elite players. It’s crazy

My experience there is that how I look at elite players depends alot on my current club. Played a save where I were at a lot of different clubs (Ranheim, Vitesse, Young Boys, Sporting, Ajax, Chelsea, Inter and Bayern) and I could shortlist a player thinking he was one of the greatest and then look at him after changing clubs and just delete him from my shortlist as he was far from good enough

Yeah I think the opposite actually. In my saves there really hasn't been many great ones. None that stand out to me like in previous years anyway. Might just be my save though.

Used sponsors on kitbasher for the first time, to make my team's kits near enough the 24/25 kit. Looking decent.
WRMIaKc.png

Not sure why the coloured bar under the away kit is in red, does that ever change when you change the actual kit? Could cause potential kit clashes but not with these kits I don't think.

Was getting awful kit clashes with their 23/24 default kits anyway. Home kit was actually red, away kit claret. For some reason we often played in the red home kit vs other red teams home or away, not that the away kit would have been great either. Think FM thought we were in white when wearting red and I'd changed nothing at that point.

Used sponsors on kitbasher for the first time, to make my team's kits near enough the 24/25 kit. Looking decent.
WRMIaKc.png

Not sure why the coloured bar under the away kit is in red, does that ever change when you change the actual kit? Could cause potential kit clashes but not with these kits I don't think.

Was getting awful kit clashes with their 23/24 default kits anyway. Home kit was actually red, away kit claret. For some reason we often played in the red home kit vs other red teams home or away, not that the away kit would have been great either.
If I remember correctly there's something else you'd need to change. It took me a while to get the actual 2D templates to update and then I had to also manually change the colouring in game using the editor.

I’m intent on developing a 5-2-3 which turns into a 2-3-4-1 in possession.

Trying to get the right roles for what I want. Rasmus is thriving as the DLF.

One thing I’d love them to put in the data hub is to let you get a representation of player average positions over multiple games. Don’t think it can be done at the moment?

If I remember correctly there's something else you'd need to change. It took me a while to get the actual 2D templates to update and then I had to also manually change the colouring in game using the editor.

Cheers! Not got the editor so I'll have to make do with that.

Something I just discovered, I hadn't made the shorts and socks the right colours so changed them mid game and reloaded the skin. The subs came on with the new colours, starters stayed in the old colours.

Wonder if that means I could change the kit colours 11 times in a friendly, making 1 sub after each change and have every player in a unique kit? :lol:

Won Scottish League 1 and the SPFL Trust Trophy. The bastards still won't let us turn pro. Maybe next season?
SIzUqIZ.png

Won Scottish League 1 and the SPFL Trust Trophy. The bastards still won't let us turn pro. Maybe next season?
SIzUqIZ.png

There's some semi pro teams in the Scottish Championship so maybe a good season in that will be the one

There's some semi pro teams in the Scottish Championship so maybe a good season in that will be the one

Yeah, surprised me. Thought at that level you would almost automatically turn pro. Apparenly in real life Arbroath were semi-pro in the Scottish Championship in 23/24 (relegated).

You get £164k for coming dead last, our wage budget is 22k a week and while it's very early days the team with the lowest home attendance so far is Ayr United with 2397 (1 game). We're on 2740 after 2 matches. Thought that would be more than enough to sustain pro status for us and the whole division but apparently not.

Dundee United are semi-pro in this save too, pulling almost 10k a game (2 matches).

Anyway, hopefully next season. Feels like a chaotic summer this one, just done what I hope will be our last piece of transfer business mid-August. Signing players when the games are coming thick and fast due to Scotland starting early. Played 7 matches already and disappointly only finished 3rd in the Viaplay Cup group stage. Was a tough group to be fair, an SPL team at home and a fellow Championship one away and was rotating to get players fit, but still. First time in 3 attempts we didn't get out of the group.

It didn't help that I had deals put on hold for almost 2 weeks due to me changing my transfer budget to £0 and then them not letting me move it again to pay for signing on bonuses for players joining on a free. Had plenty wiggle room in theory but due to me shifting it while the negotiations were underway I couldn't move it back. Finally figured out a workaround by selling a couple of players I was intending to keep. Then I had to sign their replacements, plus continue to strengthen. Messed the whole thing up!

Last edited:
Hopefully the old firm provide a challenge once in the SPL, there's no way we're not going up. Still not going to spend a penny on players so I'm hoping that makes it difficult.
tsuBZ1e.png

If that proves too easy I might have to try a similar challenege in a harder league or self-impose some other rules on myself. Still plenty of time before FM25 comes out.

Probably gonna go unbeaten forever in the league at this stage, still can't get past the CL last 16.

Won the Scottish Championship as invincibles, now it looks like we're going to qualify for the Champions League unless Scotland loses a place, not been following that to know. Miles behind Celtic, Rangers have fallen off a cliff. They were 3 times in a row champions ahead of this season:
CPZNLPp.png

Definitely going to be in Europe which causes problems, just 4 players in the squad currently when it comes to home-grown in nation and 0 trained at club. Of those 4, none of the players are starters and 1 is on loan as a backup left back. I'd be hoping to upgrade them if possible, it's going to be difficult to find better and fill out the European squad requirements when I'm only dealing in free transfers. Might actually end up weaker next season.

The stadium is also not far off capacity attendances at just over 6k. It is upgradeable to 9k but we don't even own it, sharing with Hamilton and we're not that rich to move elsewhere, 2.5m in the bank. In a previous save, a club I was at did upgrade a stadium my team were only tenants in, wonder if that might that happen here at some point.

We did turn pro eventually which was good. This is a fun season.