Gaming Football Manager 2023

I’ve not gotten too far into it to see it. What’s the main issue?
It's pretty buggy and I never seem to get any relevant recommendations. I think it's just more convoluted.

I also don't like how things just randomly appear on my recruitment focuses as the top priority even though I am controlling them. I'm almost certain it's because I made a filter to look through players.

I've reset everything now and going to give it another go so lets see.

Last edited:
Signed Lorenzo Lucca for 2m, couldn't get a work permit so I sent him out on loan. Tore up the Eredivisie, and finally he gets a work permit. 6 goals in his first 5 games for me :drool:
Current team (start of 25/26 season)
Marcos Leonardo - Lucca - Endrick
Nicolas Dominguez - Ilaix Moriba
Sander Berge
Sergio Gomez - Malang Sarr - Ahmedhodzic - Gusto
Caprile​

Finished 15th in my first 2 seasons in the prem (Sheffield United) after getting promoted in my first by winning the playoff final. Tons of turnover and getting players on cheap, this past window was my first calm window where I just brought in Moriba for 10m and Gusto for 12m, and then Bella Kotchap as CB depth, and I've finally started well with my team actually clicking. Was constant inconsistency before, though young team so it's to be expected.

Seems the player development issues are not fully ironed out which is frustrating. I play with the full 450k database of players loaded but with the one nation (mainly for speed) I play in so I will probably be affected as the guy on reddit/sigames is saying that players in countries not loaded develop less than ones that are loaded.

Seems the player development issues are not fully ironed out which is frustrating. I play with the full 450k database of players loaded but with the one nation (mainly for speed) I play in so I will probably be affected as the guy on reddit/sigames is saying that players in countries not loaded develop less than ones that are loaded.

Yeah been following that thread.

Someone put this together based off the data.

2VoOhH5.jpeg

Quite concerning there's only 18 newgen players in the world with decent crossing compared to the 137 before.

Still needs lots of tweaking.

Slightly regret buying this. Even once we move past the Beta and bugs, it's so similar to the previous edition.

Seems youth players still can’t get ahead of old players. AI transfers are still terrible and newgen faces are a disgrace.

But least you can wear a scarf that you may see now and then

Yeah been following that thread.

Someone put this together based off the data.

2VoOhH5.jpeg

Quite concerning there's only 18 newgen players in the world with decent crossing compared to the 137 before.

Still needs lots of tweaking.
Yeah. My save is on hold for now.

Yeah. My save is on hold for now.

Going to have to start mine again because I turned off the option to use the editor. I think I'll need it to fix the shitty promises/interaction system.

Some guy has highlighted how he's got AWB wanting a move to Spurs in Jan because they play CL despite them already being eliminated from Europe entirely and 7th in the league, with his Utd in 1st.

Good video from Ben, Zealand, Kev and Jack. Some pretty good discussion about the current state.

Moriba for £10m!?
10.5m! He was transfer listed I think. Was surprised. Endrick for 12.5m in 2024, Lucca for 3.3m that same year and then sent him on loan to get a work permit, and now is competing with Haaland to be the top scorer, Luka Romero for 10m in 2023, Marcos Leonardo for 14m, Sergio Gomez from city for 7.5m... tons of great deals over the years as big clubs get these players and then don't use them, then sell them cheap.

Can't get a solid defence going at all. Have no problem scoring, always among top 4, but defensively I'm bottom half of the league. Made it into the CL my 3rd year in the Prem, doing great there, but again conceding loads there.

Temped to do a save where I sign players based only on stats/scouting pros and cons and totally ignoring attributes until I actually sign them. Could be interesting. I know someone has made a skin that could help me with this too.

I hate how if you have a star player, they complain about game time even if you rest them for a couple of games. Like... I rotated you out, and you're my captain. Why complain about game time when your fitness has been shite so needed resting

Delayed on PS5, all pre-orders refunded and no new date given.
Sounds like it hit a brick wall with Sony pre-release testing though not much information given.

They always have problems at the start but this year seems different. A lot of the community seem to be giving them a lot of criticism.

They always have problems at the start but this year seems different. A lot of the community seem to be giving them a lot of criticism.

It's long overdue.

I wish they'd fix the importance of club's reputation. It makes sense in some cases that a player is persuaded by it but in this example it's just plain stupid:

I'm Wrexham. Have gone through the leagues pretty quick - so despite being in the Championship, a lot of the teams there and also some in L1 has a higher reputation than me, fair. No big deal.

I then try to sign - I think it was - Shoretire on loan. I'm number one halfway into the season - I offer him the same playing time as Sunderland, who's 23'rd and eventually the club he ends up at. Same with Dwight McNeill - wouldn't even negotiate with me, unless I got into the PL, then ends up in the Championship with Sunderland. It makes feck all sense that the players don't look at the tables and use their brain, and it almost always only benefits the AI.

I wish they'd fix the importance of club's reputation. It makes sense in some cases that a player is persuaded by it but in this example it's just plain stupid:

I'm Wrexham. Have gone through the leagues pretty quick - so despite being in the Championship, a lot of the teams there and also some in L1 has a higher reputation than me, fair. No big deal.

I then try to sign - I think it was - Shoretire on loan. I'm number one halfway into the season - I offer him the same playing time as Sunderland, who's 23'rd and eventually the club he ends up at. Same with Dwight McNeill - wouldn't even negotiate with me, unless I got into the PL, then ends up in the Championship with Sunderland. It makes feck all sense that the players don't look at the tables and use their brain, and it almost always only benefits the AI.

That’s a really annoying thing. Also when you’re doing really well in the PL with a smaller club and you go all in to sign a wonderkid and offer them the world as a starter and they sign for a bigger club and go into their u18s on 1/5 of the money you were offering. Seems silly enough.

That’s a really annoying thing. Also when you’re doing really well in the PL with a smaller club and you go all in to sign a wonderkid and offer them the world as a starter and they sign for a bigger club and go into their u18s on 1/5 of the money you were offering. Seems silly enough.
It's so dumb. I think that in the same case as when you loan a player and don't give him the agreed playing time, you then will have a harder time getting a loan deal from that specific club - the same should be with club's youth reputation. Do they buy young players and then don't use them for five years, or is it a club that is regularly playing its U21 players? Those parametres should weigh on a young player's mind, more than just a spreadsheet of most famous clubs. Would be awesome to see players in the inbox giving each other transfer advice based on actual substance.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting a lot of red cards? Nearly every game I’m having someone sent off even with tactics set for stay on feet. Maybe I’ve too many dirty players, Casemiro, Ramos and Fernandes.
Also don’t thing much has changed about the overall game either, different feel for draws for cups etc but the gameplay engine looks very similar to last year.

only played a bit so far so still maybe haven’t seen all the added extras within the game as of yet.

It's so dumb. I think that in the same case as when you loan a player and don't give him the agreed playing time, you then will have a harder time getting a loan deal from that specific club - the same should be with club's youth reputation. Do they buy young players and then don't use them for five years, or is it a club that is regularly playing its U21 players? Those parametres should weigh on a young player's mind, more than just a spreadsheet of most famous clubs. Would be awesome to see players in the inbox giving each other transfer advice based on actual substance.

It’s why I always have the editor on. You need it to fix the game’s bullshit.

Rep is a killer for a lot of things in the game. It needs a proper rework. You have players accepting loan offers for more reputable clubs on lesser agreed playing time. When a club in the same division is offering an important player role, they'd rather go in as a back up to a higher reputed club.

Considering that it seems players are taking more care of their career path, you'd think this would be implemented better.

This is out tonight/tomorrow as a full release, with it being included in gamepass for anybody who has that.

Not sure what to do for a good novelty value save this year. Quite liked the idea of FC SKA-Khabarovsk in Russia to see if other sides in Europe would fancy the away trip... just go to North Korea and turn left. But are Russian clubs just permanently banned from Europe in game this year?

Rep is a killer for a lot of things in the game. It needs a proper rework. You have players accepting loan offers for more reputable clubs on lesser agreed playing time. When a club in the same division is offering an important player role, they'd rather go in as a back up to a higher reputed club.

Considering that it seems players are taking more care of their career path, you'd think this would be implemented better.
It’s not really that unrealistic that a young player would choose a big team over a smaller team though. There are obviously exceptions but it should be harder to get talented young players when you’re a lower rep team. Perhaps the dynamics of how it increases/decreases are worth revisiting but in my experience it’s not been that big of an obstacle when I’ve played with lower teams and built them up.

Tbf, look at Djed Spence. Could have gone to Forrest where he would have been starting in the PL every week. Instead went to Spurs where he has played about 5 min because the manager immediately had no zero interest in using him. If that happened in my FM save I'd think it was stupid.

This is out tonight/tomorrow as a full release, with it being included in gamepass for anybody who has that.

Not sure what to do for a good novelty value save this year. Quite liked the idea of FC SKA-Khabarovsk in Russia to see if other sides in Europe would fancy the away trip... just go to North Korea and turn left. But are Russian clubs just permanently banned from Europe in game this year?

Only seen a couple of posts about it and it does seem they’re permanently banned. It would be nice to see them eventually get back into Europe in the game but I’m not sure how that would go down if SI did that.

Though there was a bit of an uproar that they were permanently banned from FM22

Apparently they’ve doubled the price of the editor. Frauds. FMRTE it is then.

I always thought si were highly complacent and do the minimum. The editor being twice the price, when it once was free. feck them tbh

Twice the price. feck sake. The in-game editor is a huge necessity for me when I play.

Antony is unbelievably bad in this game - 1 goal in 55 games for me :lol:

Last edited:
Have they fixed any of the game breaking bugs for the main release?

I'm currently running FM21 and looking to upgrade to the world of 5 subs

Apparently not. They’ve spoken about a major update coming up so I’m waiting for that until I start a save. Ridiculous really that you can’t properly play it even after release.

I'm really not sure what save I want to do. I've been sat looking at teams for the last hour.

I want a long term save.
I'd love to win Serie A with Parma, but I just don't think it would be that difficult.

An interesting save is a team in the Swiss league. They're from Lichtenstein I think? and even if they win the Swiss league, they can't qualify into Europe. The have to do it by winning the Lichtenstein FA cup, which gets them into the Europa conference. So the only way to get to the CL is to win the Europa conference, then next season, you have to win the Europa league, then you'd have to win the Champions league, or drop into the Europa league again, win it, and have another crack at the Champions league... Lose, and you're right back into the Europa :lol:

Seems stressful as feck that one

Playing with Lyon, I've come across a classic FM cliché, where I surprisingly managed to go 24 games unbeaten, keeping up with PSG, and 20 points clear of 3rd place, until I lost both Lacazette and Dembele after the world Cup.

I'm now on a 7 game winless streak, and dropping points left, right and centre. Was ever so close to beating Marseille to get back on track, until I let in a 95th minute equaliser. Lopes, my keeper, who previously had 14 clean sheets in 22 is now regularly getting a match average of 6.4/5, along with the rest of my defence.

I know I lost my two key goalscorers for months, so the goals dried up, but why did a team who were conceding the least in the league suddenly go to pot? I haven't changed much in the way of players and tactics, but now we just seem to be letting attackers run through on goal constantly (even slow strikers like Gameiro are getting past my CBs with ease).

I remember on previous FMs you could instruct to "Play Offside", which I would have liked to have tried, as we are mainly conceding through sitting too deep and letting strikers break the line, but it doesn't seem to exist on 23 anymore?

What are the game breaking bugs?

I'm in my 6th season, was at Sheffield United for 5 years, won the league and fa cup in the last year as it was piss easy to load up on wonderkids. Took over Napoli now. Not sure if it's just Napoli but their squad building is horrible. Like they haven't signed any young player at all. Entire squad over 27. Have a front 3 of Kvara, Osimhen and Madueke now who I signed though :drool:

The other big problem that I've seen is that when you are interested in established players, they're all like quoted at 150m or 200m. Then when I am manager, I'm getting offers of 50m max. One window at Sheffield, City was offering 15m for Ahmedhodzic and the next window it was 50m, now that I left he's 120m. All on the same conttact. Doesn't make sense.