Gaming Football Manager 2023

So apparently the continental format changes in 2024 change it to the League format.

Honestly, for that reason alone, I will never purchase this. Wonder what are everyone's thoughts about this.

Will you stop watching in real life too?

I'm surprised people are still playing considering there's a game breaking bug.

Will you stop watching in real life too?
Probably, actually. My interest in football has waned severely. I don't even watch the UCL anymore, unless it's a United match. Just feel the game is going in the wrong direction and I no longer have an emotional investment in it, bar for the club I support.
Can't wait till we miss the goals due to scheduled ad breaks every 20 minutes. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised by that. :lol:

Probably, actually. My interest in football has waned severely. I don't even watch the UCL anymore, unless it's a United match. Just feel the game is going in the wrong direction and I no longer have an emotional investment in it, bar for the club I support.
Can't wait till we miss the goals due to scheduled ad breaks every 20 minutes. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised by that. :lol:

That's fair. I don't like the changes either but I will still play/watch because I like football.

Half a season in with Sheffield Utd... I'm the favourite to get sacked. Not doing that poorly, just a few points separating 2nd and 7th, plus I've had 10 first teamers out for the first half of the season the entire time, but still under pressure as expectation was top 2. Their finances are also shite too. Starting with no first window but thought I'd get something decent in January. Nope. Team was over the wage budget anyway so I've been losing money every week. Regretting taking them...

Half a season in with Sheffield Utd... I'm the favourite to get sacked. Not doing that poorly, just a few points separating 2nd and 7th, plus I've had 10 first teamers out for the first half of the season the entire time, but still under pressure as expectation was top 2. Their finances are also shite too. Starting with no first window but thought I'd get something decent in January. Nope. Team was over the wage budget anyway so I've been losing money every week. Regretting taking them...

Can't you bring in Jeremy Goss on a free?

I'm surprised people are still playing considering there's a game breaking bug.
I mean, I think there's a couple of reasons why people will continue:

1. It only seems to really actually affect the game after 5-6 seasons time, when regens are coming in thick and fast. At least for me, I've never even achieved that many seasons in any FM before, and if I really want to, it will take me at least 2-3 months of real life time to get there.

2. Unless they plan to piss a lot of people off, you'd assume this fix should come in on full release, and should be save-compatible (otherwise you're telling essentially everyone to restart their saves).

It's only a couple weeks until full release, so I'm just trying to take each save at a leisurely pace, and I'm also switching between a few saves, so I don't advance too much in time in one particular save.

I don't mind restarting my United save, but I am deeply invested in my PSV save, so would be quite miffed if I had to restart that to get the required changes.

I mean, I think there's a couple of reasons why people will continue:

1. It only seems to really actually affect the game after 5-6 seasons time, when regens are coming in thick and fast. At least for me, I've never even achieved that many seasons in any FM before, and if I really want to, it will take me at least 2-3 months of real life time to get there.

2. Unless they plan to piss a lot of people off, you'd assume this fix should come in on full release, and should be save-compatible (otherwise you're telling essentially everyone to restart their saves).

It's only a couple weeks until full release, so I'm just trying to take each save at a leisurely pace, and I'm also switching between a few saves, so I don't advance too much in time in one particular save.

I don't mind restarting my United save, but I am deeply invested in my PSV save, so would be quite miffed if I had to restart that to get the required changes.

Does it not affect the technical attributes of all players though? Even if it’s just newgens then you’ve got a whole generation of them missing a year/2 years development whilst they patch it. I can’t see the stats being updated retrospectively.

This is why I’ve not gotten any deeper into my save. I know I’ll likely have to start again.

Does it not affect the technical attributes of all players though? Even if it’s just newgens then you’ve got a whole generation of them missing a year/2 years development whilst they patch it. I can’t see the stats being updated retrospectively.

This is why I’ve not gotten any deeper into my save. I know I’ll likely have to start again.
You may be right, although I don't think anyone know the full scale of how large it affects development. Just that guy who discovered it by being 5+ seasons in and noticing the world class players stats were much lower than when starting the game.

Youth development is a massive part of the game for me, that I look forward to, so it is frustrating, but I can't really put the game down for 2 weeks now, after getting into saves :lol:

Just have to hope it's a fairly easy fix for them and they can get it out ASAP, potentially before release

A weird beta for me so far.

Almost finished the first season with Everton and I am sitting in 3rd place. Gegenpressing is still far too OP - I started with that and altered a few things but my tactic feels like it is probably the best it can be to get the results needed out of the players at my disposal.

Some top sides are either way too underrated or managers are. United and Chelsea are 10th and 12th in the league with both ETH and Potter being sacked very early on. Also Lampard went back to Chelsea.

Southampton are always too stupidly OP. I don't understand why they have a narrative in this game and real life that they're a really good side when they always finish in the bottom 5.

The match engine is largely very improved. Aside from the same issue of CBs watching a ball float over their head the attacking play is very well varied and enjoyable for once.

I'm shocked that a bug as bad as the technical one is in the game. I know it is a beta but you'd expect them to be minor rather than gamebreaking.

This guy is broken

ezxLSdY.jpg

You may be right, although I don't think anyone know the full scale of how large it affects development. Just that guy who discovered it by being 5+ seasons in and noticing the world class players stats were much lower than when starting the game.

Youth development is a massive part of the game for me, that I look forward to, so it is frustrating, but I can't really put the game down for 2 weeks now, after getting into saves :lol:

Just have to hope it's a fairly easy fix for them and they can get it out ASAP, potentially before release

SI have said it’s a known issue. It’s a pretty big issue that’s for sure. Game breaking. As per usual, the game will only be decent after the patch in March

Got promoted! Had a meeting with the board where they told me I had to pull it together, they gave me to the end of the season. Squeezed in 6th for a playoff spot, won the playoff final. Need a huge squad changeover now though. So many contracts expiring, shit squad, also brought 3 people in on loan in January to help me through so they're all gone and the prem has stricter prem laws.

Untitled.png

League after the first season. They've nerfed United and Chelsea far too much. I also won the FA Cup, beating West Ham in the final.

Last version I would tweak my tactic from game to game. This version I barely tweak and it works better. Too much tweaking cause me to struggle at the start and since stopping it's been too easy.

Untitled.png

League after the first season. They've nerfed United and Chelsea far too much. I also won the FA Cup, beating West Ham in the final.

Last version I would tweak my tactic from game to game. This version I barely tweak and it works better. Too much tweaking cause me to struggle at the start and since stopping it's been too easy.
I'd say its been a long time coming for United to be rated worse. I've become bored far too quickly with a United save over the years, because I was able to win the treble in the first or second season, whilst we're struggling to qualify for the CL in reality.

Now, just getting the top 4 is seen as a good achievement in the first season (as it is in real life), so you can actually work towards an objective long term.

Ooh that seems quick. Feels too good to be true.

Might be perfect timing since I can’t fecking move right now.

Fair play to SI for getting that issue sorted so quickly.

There does seem to be a lot more communication on issues being discussed in the forum between players and the staff, which is promising.

Some quality deadline bids. Madrid bidding for DCL on loan for 0% of his wages and 30k a month. Chelsea bidding for Mykolenko on loan for 30% of his wages and 50k a month. Yeah, go on then.

Fair play to SI for getting that issue sorted so quickly.

There does seem to be a lot more communication on issues being discussed in the forum between players and the staff, which is promising.
Yeah. There was a small patch yesterday as well to update Aston Villa's sacking of Gerrard. It is good they are moving quick on these issues.

People are testing the new update so I think I’ll wait and see what the results are with that.

I'm actually quite glad they released the update today. At the start of my 3rd season with PSV and I'm loving it. Always had a soft spot for them since I had one of my best saves in a previous game with them. Built a really nice team too.

72xZy1w.jpg

Also from someone from SI (regarding no full-backs having higher than 13 crossing throughout all newgens up to 2039)

Yeah unfortunately this is one area we're aware can still be improved. It's a particularly difficult one due to the weighting the attribute has for that position, but it's definitely still on our radar and we'll keep trying to make a breakthrough. Another similar case is Finishing for some forward players.

Worth a reminder that it is still intentional for there to be *some* players who are good despite not having the best Technical attributes, and we don't want all newgen profiles trending towards the same attribute patterns.

I think I'm going to resist starting a save until the actual release date.

Still seeing multiple bugs reported. Strikers scoring 80-odd goals a season, random sackings/not getting sacked for doing awfully, too many 1 v 1s, through-balls being overpowered/static defenders, poor goalkeepers, etc...

Also from someone from SI (regarding no full-backs having higher than 13 crossing throughout all newgens up to 2039)

That's obviously a lot less niche, but I'm forever mad that they've never had newgen keepers that have more than about 13 penalty taking. I want a mental South American Ceni/Chilavert type one of these years. :(

Still seeing multiple bugs reported. Strikers scoring 80-odd goals a season, random sackings/not getting sacked for doing awfully, too many 1 v 1s, through-balls being overpowered/static defenders, poor goalkeepers, etc...

Haaland scored 98 goals or something in someone's save

The manager thing is definitely an issue. I think my season ended with Rodger’s at Villa, Lampard back at Chelsea, Potter at Leicester, Tuchel at United - I genuinely think there were maybe 5 or so sides in the league that hadn’t sacked their manager during the season.

I hate the new scouting recruitment focus thing. The more I play it the less I like it. It just never seems to do what I want.

I hate the new scouting recruitment focus thing. The more I play it the less I like it. It just never seems to do what I want.

I’ve not gotten too far into it to see it. What’s the main issue?