Gaming FM 17 Club Draft | Final update is out

What should we do transferwise?

• Allow a fixed maximum number of transfers each summer

• Let in-game managers make transfer each summer

• Stick with original squad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Thought I'd run a draft experiment. It's similar to this one currently run by spontaneous, but with drafted players instead of a manager who decides who to buy. Will obviously not get in the way of @spontaneus1' experiment, but it will probably take a long time to draft all 25 players so it's probably a good idea to start now

Room for 20 people.

Here's how we'll be doing it: (very open for suggestions to improve it)

We start off with five drafts:
Player A makes the first pick, player B makes the second etc (will be random who gets to start) until the last player (let's call him Z) has made his pick for the first draft. Then player Z gets to start the second round of the draft, so player A will be the last one to pick his player in the second round. Player Z will also start the third draft since he is at a major disadvantage compared to the first ones who get Ronaldo/Messi etc.
Fourth draft will be started by player A. Fifth and final draft will be started by player Z.

There will be an 8 hour deadline to make a draft pick. If someone fails to make a pick within the 8 hours, we will move on to the next participant. They can come in at any time to make their pick but they need to take into consideration that there have most likely been made picks after their turn ended.

After this there will be a manager draft. @mazhar13 will be the first to draft his manager.

After the initial draft and the manager draft you all send me a PM with a list of five players you want. The draft will eliminate 100 players so there shouldn't be too many instances of different players making the same pick. In the PM you must rank the players in orders 1-5 of who you want the most. If the same player is on multiple PMs, the one who has the player highest up will recieve him. Those who miss out on the player must send me a PM with a replacement player.

^This is repeated once more giving you 15 players in total.

After this you all send me a final PM with 10 more players. Again ranked 1-10. Same rules.

You will then have 25 players.

Club detail forms will be found here later. Meanwhile here's a list of formations you can enjoy:
3-1-3-1-2 DM
3-1-4-2 DM
3-2-3-2 DM
3-4-2-1 DM
3-4-3 DM Wide
4-1-2-3 DM Wide
4-1-2-3 DM Narrow
4-1-3-1-1 DM Narrow
4-1-3-2 DM
4-1-3-2 DM Narrow
4-1-4-1 DM
4-1-4-1 DM Asymmetrical (RW)
4-1-4-1 DM Asymmetrical (LW)
4-2-1-3 DM Wide
4-2-2-2 DM
4-2-2-2 DM Narrow
4-2-3-1
4-2-3-1 Wide
4-2-3-1 Narrow
4-2-3-1 DM
4-2-3-1 DM Wide
4-2-3-1 DM Narrow
4-2-3-1-0 DM
4-2-4 DM Wide
4-2-4-0 DM Wide
4-3-1-2 Narrow
4-3-2-1 DM Narrow
4-3-2-1 Narrow
4-3-3 Narrow
4-4-1-1
4-4-1-1 2DM
4-4-2
4-4-2 Diamond Narrow
4-4-2 Sweeper
4-5-1
5-1-2-2 DM Narrow
5-1-2-2 DM WB
5-1-2-2 Sweeper DM WB
5-1-3-1 DM WB
5-2-1-2 Sweeper WB
5-2-1-2 WB
5-2-2-1 DM
5-2-2-1 WB
5-2-2-1-0 DM
5-2-3 Narrow
5-3-2 Sweeper WB
5-3-2 WB
5-4-1
5-4-1 Diamond WB

1. JTW95
2. Samid
3. Damien
4. spontaneus1
5. Igor Drefljak
6. ADJUDICATOR
7. harms
8. iammemphis
9. Party Boy
10. hbgreg
11. Stobzilla
12. limerickcitykid
13. P-Nut0712
14. Skizzo
15. 2mufc0
16. Tuppet
17. Red-Man-Walking
18. MJJ
19. mazhar13
20. Anant

Last edited:
Well I am in for this potential disaster.

Do you think a round for drafting managers would be worth it aswell?

Like whoever gets last pick in the first round can have dibs on Mourinho or Pep?

9 spots left. Will start the draft as soon as we've got 20. Hopefully the response time won't be too long when doing the draft, otherwise this could take months considering we've got 520 picks to make.

520 picks?!?!

Everyone we have picked will have retired in real life by the time we finish. :lol:

Could PM you, say 10 names at a time? Wouldn't be long before the names are exhausted but when they are you can then ask for more to be sent.
We could start with five ordinary drafts which eliminates 100 players. Then do the rest by PMs, say two PMs with 10 players each. That could work

Yeah lets go for it. 5 reglar drafts, then a PM with 5 players, a second PM with 5 more and then a final PM with 10 players. I'll update the OP

Don't listen to him pentame, he is just terrible at drafts and once bought nimic for 9 points.

We can just set a deadline for each pick - you'll have, say, 5 hours to pick a player after the previous manager tagged you. If you miss the deadline, the next manager picks, although you're free to pick any unpicked player when you've returned

Don't listen to him pentame, he is just terrible at drafts and once bought nimic for 9 points.
Yeah shouldn't take too long once the five drafts are completed.
We can just set a deadline for each pick - you'll have, say, 5 hours to pick a player after the previous manager tagged you. If you miss the deadline, the next manager picks, although you're free to pick any unpicked player when you've returned
Don't think that would work very well. Five hours isn't that much since I'm assuming some people here aren't based in europe and will be sleeping when other people make their draft picks. A 24hr deadline sounds more reasonable, I'll add it in the op. The five drafts shouldn't take that long since some of them will be done in quick succession.

Once the draft order is produced, the best and most efficient way is to quote the last draft pick, so people can clear see who has been picked, something like

1. Damien - John Stones
2. Harms - Otamendi
3. Macern - Cladio Bravo
4. Igor - Messi
5. @P-Nut0712

That way, You don't have to do all the work and the draft should move a bit more seemless
Btw guys, awful picks for the first round...

Would be funny if, after all this, most of the players leave after one season.
Was thinking about putting 100 year contracts on them. Should we include some kind of transfer system?
If anything goes wrong I'll just sort it out with the in-game editor.

Was thinking about putting 100 year contracts on them. Should we include some kind of transfer system?
If anything goes wrong I'll just sort it out with the in-game editor.

What I'd do is, make them love the club at 100, and give them a good 5 year contract. (I think thats the max you can give) and have them on good wages.
Keeping the same squad isn't as interesting long term as seeing the teams evolve over a period of time.

I dunno if it's possible, but if we are having 20 teams. I'd probably just go for a single league with no relegation. That way everybody is always competing.
What would be cool is an NFL type approach. 2 leagues of 10, playing each other 4 times and then a small knockout at the end (Only downside to that is, you limit who plays who overall)

You could whack embargoes on all the clubs for transfers and have movements be agreed on here. Although I have no idea if you can still move and register players to clubs under a ban.

What I'd do is, make them love the club at 100, and give them a good 5 year contract. (I think thats the max you can give) and have them on good wages.
Keeping the same squad isn't as interesting long term as seeing the teams evolve over a period of time.

I dunno if it's possible, but if we are having 20 teams. I'd probably just go for a single league with no relegation. That way everybody is always competing.
What would be cool is an NFL type approach. 2 leagues of 10, playing each other 4 times and then a small knockout at the end (Only downside to that is, you limit who plays who overall)
You could whack embargoes on all the clubs for transfers and have movements be agreed on here. Although I have no idea if you can still move and register players to clubs under a ban.
Making the players stay in their clubs isn't a problem. I'll just renew the contracts every season with the in-game editor. I can put them on insane wages if needed.

What would you guys prefer;
-Allowing say three transfers every summer, either swaps between yourselves or picks from the players who haven't been drafted yet to replace those you want out of the club
-Letting your managers make transfers every summer
-Sticking with the original squad

I'd prefer option 2

Simply because players like Messi are much older than Neymar etc, and it's hard to pick from regens when we don't know who they are 7 or 8 seasons down the line.

If that's what the majority wants then I'll give every player a five year contract with their current wages. All the clubs will have max reputation, so will the league.

I'm obviously in as I've been pushing this idea for a while. I'd post a link to this in the draft thread guessing a lot of the draft heads would be down for this. 8 hour deadlines usually work fine aswell by the way

EDIT: I'd definitely want to keep the same squads aswell with reinforcements just added when players retire maybe so you don't end up with a tiny squad.

I'm obviously in as I've been pushing this idea for a while. I'd post a link to this in the draft thread guessing a lot of the draft heads would be down for this. 8 hour deadlines usually work fine aswell by the way
I'll take your word for it and adjust it to 8.