Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen.

If any one of Liverpool's greats (and granted, they may have one or two) were poorly then we'd all be wishing them the best. It's the way it should be.
Absolutely. There will always be a great respect. Even if it was Gerrard.

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

not gonna do nostalgia or what Fergie means cause the man is gonna get through this. that club statement strongly suggests he's in recovery after a successful procedure

Rough news.

In terms of a "brain haemorrhage"; that's pretty vague, and the severity range can be huge. The fact that he's been able to have surgery is a good prognostic factor in itself, the more serious types often have no surgical option. No point speculating though, best to wait for official sources as to how his recovery will go.

Wish him well & a speedy recovery.

Man this has hit me hard, no idea why. I hope he makes a full speedy recovery. A great rival but an amazing manager.

Reactions: Akshay
He looked healthier than ever a week ago. I'm still shocked.

DcdMBaZWkAIgbZN.jpg

I'm going to run with the logic that the club wouldn't exaggerate with these things (if anything, the exact opposite) so their emphasis that the procedure 'has gone very well' might be more than just something to cling to.

If ever there was a fighter...

There won't be a bother on him. Hope he gets well soon.

Just heard the news and logged on here.
Sending prayers and love. Please be well, boss.
Come back stronger.

Good news that there’s even been any surgery at all.

Plenty of Fergie time left for the big man.

FFS this is so upsetting. Never met the man but he's like a dad to me.

Genuinely devestating news. That man has created the best United teams in my lifetime.

I'm still shocked. It’s not even too strong a word. I love this man. Love him like a family member. Get well soon Boss.

My sister was transferred to Hope when she was a baby. Was in their special care baby unit. Asked my mumit is near Eccles.

It's about 2 miles or so north-west of OT right between Salford and Eccles. I was born there but live a few miles to the north now.

My heart sank when I heard that. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Salford Royal is the gold standard, particularly for stroke care.

I work at Salford Royal and it's an incredible hospital for Neuro care. Truly is one of the best.
I'm praying for a speedy recovery, literally teared up at the news :(

Oh god this is horrible news. Pray for a speedy recovery for sir Alex :(

For all the 'celebs' that life throws at us, people we admire but have never met and don't personally know, Fergie perhaps means the most to me.

I feel a genuine warmth and Love for him as a person and feel so grateful for all the great times he's given me, and all the lessons as his fatherly advice and winning spirit actually influenced me in my teens, 20s and 30s.

Sending best wishes and prayers that this incredible guy is recovering well, and will live out the remainder of his years happy and capable.

Love you, Fergie. Be well, old friend. x

My heart genuinely sank when i got 4 notifications on my phone about this. Such sad news to hear Sir Alex, you told your players to never give up and to keep fighting to the end. Now it's your turn, don't give up, keep fighting. Get well soon, Boss

You can definitely make a full recovery from a brain hemorrhage, it all depends on how fast they caught it.

Fergie is a fighter.

I doubt they’re real supporters of anything. Even RAWK’s Fergie thread is filled with nothing but people wishing him a speedy recovery.
110% agree mate, that's the point I was tryin to make. Just some scumbags who use football clubs as a means to spout utter poison

Sat here with a lump in my throat, the guy has given me some of the greatest moments of my life.

To me, this could be as significant or more significant than the Queen dying.

If you ask me :
who inspired you the most in your life,
whom you look up to get over your struggles in your life,
who gave you some of the happiest moments in your life,
one answer.. Sir Alex..

I am an atheist .. but i am going to pray for him...

Reactions: Akshay
This really came out of nowhere. Praying for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.