Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't feel real.

You're sound mate, just like the vast majority of Liverpool supporters. We might be rival clubs but when the chips are down we've got a lot more in common than not. Every fanbase has its scummy elements and it doesn't reflect on decent supporters like yourself at all.

Real life trumps all football rivalries. As much as we may despise certain players and managers, we also realise that when it comes to it, we are all still part of the same human experience. When things like this occur, the truly decent people show their respects. It's good to know though that despite the heated rivalries, we can all show our respects when it matters.

Indeed mate. We've got Fergie time of Sheffield Wednesday proportions to look forward to with the boss.

City have won the league and Liverpool are in the CL final. No way Fergie's going to meet the big man upstairs now.

Lads we're still at half time nowhere near Fergie time yet.

Think it is in Salford.

Yes just checked, right by Eccles which I've been to (it's not great).

Always thought he lived Wilmslow way but he could be in Worsley which is a nice part of Greater Manchester and that would be closest hospital.

I hope he recovers well but brain haemorrage sounds severe and I won't stop being concerned until we see him again.

Fingers crossed Fergie pulls through, hopefully a speedy recovery.

He’s a fighter, he’s not going that easily.

We may not see him for a while though and that still makes me sad.

Regardless of the match, it’s always a highlight when the camera zoom into SAF sitting in the stands :(

Don’t worry, he’ll be tapping his watch saying that it’s not full time yet! ❤️

Awful news, I'd thought he looked so well when he was photographed with Arsene and Jose recently at OT.

Thoughts are with him and his family for a speedy recovery.

Real life trumps all football rivalries. As much as we may despise certain players and managers, we also realise that when it comes to it, we are all still part of the same human experience. When things like this occur, the truly decent people show their respects. It's good to know though that despite the heated rivalries, we can all show our respects when it matters.
Amen.

If any one of Liverpool's greats (and granted, they may have one or two) were poorly then we'd all be wishing them the best. It's the way it should be.

Always thought he lived Wilmslow way but he could be in Worsley which is a nice part of Greater Manchester and that would be closest hospital.

Yeah, he's at Salford Royal (or Hope Hospital as used to be).

They best take good fecking care of him.

If it’s fake, I hope the faker get

My wife had a bleed on the brain last November and was dead in hours. It all depends on the circumstances.

Sorry to hear that buddy. My friend had the same and was admitted to Salford Royal 2 years ago. She made a full recovery. They are the best, he's got the very best around him. Come on Fergie.

Actually started welling up despite news the surgery went well. The thought of him passing away is just horrible. Really hope he's with us for many more years to come

He’s a fighter, he’s not going that easily.

We may not see him for a while though and that still makes me sad.
Yeah but think about it: August, first home game of the season, Sir Alex appears at Old Trafford. Imagine the reaction.

My sister was transferred to Hope when she was a baby. Was in their special care baby unit. Asked my mumit is near Eccles.

Awful news, but at times like this it's always heartwarming to see the football family put rivalries aside and band together. Bless you all, wherever you are and whatever your alligences xx

Have to say, was near tears hearing this. Hope the boss pulls through and gets to enjoy many more years of his retirement.

For a man I've never met, only been as close as a few hundred metres away sitting at Old Trafford, this news feels like its about a close member of my family. I usually have a heart of stone and the most emotionless person going but I can feel myself welling up reading the well wishes from all over and seeing some of the videos.

I hope Sir Alex pulls through one more comeback for his family and us supporters to whom he had given so many memories to Cherish hoping and fully expecting another late comeback from great man .

Please boss keep fighting. So shocked almost in tears. Please boss!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.