Fantasy Premier League 23/24

RedDevil@84

My ML mate who did a FH had Robinson and then has Bowen, captain Watkins, Luiz and Bailey to play.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
My score of 23 gets me a GW ranking of 287,000. WTF is that about? Did 90% of the world forget/decline to use a free hit?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'm on 7 from 6 - could well be my lowest score ever and I've been playing this forever !

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Scoring less than workmates who haven't changed their team in months, despite using FH. Classic FPL.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
My score of 23 gets me a GW ranking of 287,000. WTF is that about? Did 90% of the world forget/decline to use a free hit?
So whoever returned for you on your FH was not in the template. Tbh even if you dodged Reguillon you would be up on the average.

Also lots of people took hits this week on players that blanked.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Those who chose the start 5 or 6 players look to have largely got away with it.
Was never an option for me as I'd have had to take a -4 for 5!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cash benched....half annoying half giving a tiny chance he stays there and unlocks an 11 point bench defender.

Won't happen though, it's not been a lucky season!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cash benched....half annoying half giving a tiny chance he stays there and unlocks an 11 point bench defender.

Won't happen though, it's not been a lucky season!
At least the inevitable was as early as 46mins.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Only good decision this GW is getting Bailey. That's it.

Edit: it was Diaby, not Bailey with the assist :lol: . 16 points all-out.

If I just got Muniz and used my existing players, I'd be better off :lol:

0161_UNITED

10 pts, but I didn't use my FH. It's going to be strange to figure out how to use my FH and TC, which I saved. But I even rolled a transfer this week so my team next week is going to be fantastic.

Leonzo1

Martinez with 2 bonus points for me even though he conceded :drool:
Finished on 30 points. Shit GW but can't complain with some of the scores this week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A crap game week, but will glady swap that for the United ending!

Not sure if it's the United ending, or finishing a 77mile week of running, but I feel real knackered :lol:

troylocker

21 points (17 net). Thankful for the Coufal-points which gave me a tiny green arrow.
One of the most forgettable GW’s I can remember.
Glad I still have my FH available for 34, which now looks a lot more juicy than it did before the weekend.

Kudos to the Robinson, Muniz, Wood and Castagne owners out there.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What a week. :lol: Got 16 points with a free hit, in two of my MLs with 7-8 players the only return anyone got was a point for Areola’s 3 saves. :lol:

Moby

Dick
Glad I still have my FH available for 34, which now looks a lot more juicy than it did before the weekend.
I like the changes to 34 as well. I am already tripled up on Bournemouth and now with Man Utd and Newcastle not doubling, I don't have to use transfers to get those guys in. I can sell Gordon now possibly, that's a different decision though because he's got 3 home games in next 4 and that guy is a beast at home. It will be one of him and Spurs mids to make way for Palmer who I need as of now, and Salah as well.

From the other possible doublers, I have Brantho from Everton who can come in for that week, and then it's Liverpool who I will be doubled up on with Salah and Darwin. That's around 6 odd doublers, and I will add one or two more based on fixture confirmation because I will still have the Arsenal and City for their single GWs.

So it's a bit easier to dead end in 34 now especially if Liverpool end up there. That's if we stick to that plan, because there's a good chance that I may WC in 30 or 31 as well based on price changes and final fixtures for 34. It's possible 34 will only have Bournemouth and Wolves doubling in which case I'll WC early and set up for the BB. But ideally I prefer WCing in 35 or 36 when I know exactly what my BB needs to be. That double is going to be huge and right now I have no idea what my bench would look like in that week.

The one issue is the Chelsea double in 35, because outside of Palmer they are crap and no idea who I'd want from them. WC35 would need triple Chelsea and that's not great. :lol:

troylocker

I like the changes to 34 as well. I am already tripled up on Bournemouth and now with Man Utd and Newcastle not doubling, I don't have to use transfers to get those guys in. I can sell Gordon now possibly, that's a different decision though because he's got 3 home games in next 4 and that guy is a beast at home. It will be one of him and Spurs mids to make way for Palmer who I need as of now, and Salah as well.

From the other possible doublers, I have Brantho from Everton who can come in for that week, and then it's Liverpool who I will be doubled up on with Salah and Darwin. That's around 6 odd doublers, and I will add one or two more based on fixture confirmation because I will still have the Arsenal and City for their single GWs.

So it's a bit easier to dead end in 34 now especially if Liverpool end up there. That's if we stick to that plan, because there's a good chance that I may WC in 30 or 31 as well based on price changes and final fixtures for 34. It's possible 34 will only have Bournemouth and Wolves doubling in which case I'll WC early and set up for the BB. But ideally I prefer WCing in 35 or 36 when I know exactly what my BB needs to be. That double is going to be huge and right now I have no idea what my bench would look like in that week.

The one issue is the Chelsea double in 35, because outside of Palmer they are crap and no idea who I'd want from them. WC35 would need triple Chelsea and that's not great. :lol:
It'll be tricky for those who played their WC and FH already to navigate 34 and 37 perfectly. With Chelsea ande Spurs most likely doubling twice from 35-37 and not in 34 while Liverpool and Arsenal most likely double in 34, but not in 37. Newcastle and Man United 100% double in 37 though, and we will most likely play SHU at home in 34....it's going to be huge differentials within the "big teams" for the rest of the seasons. If you plan to deadend into 34 and WC in 35-37 you'll also be in a great position.
Possible to make huge climbs up the ladders.