Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Dalot, Rashford and Antony calling me again. Ffs....i know if i buy them they will again be shit

A very quickly done “small at the back” draft… find if I put stuff down on a page, then easier to say “change that to that” and get to final version.

Sanchez Raya (he covers the tough GW fixtures Sanchez has) 9.2
Trippier Saliba Fofana Neco Cancelo 25.6
Martinelli KdB Sterling Rashford Perreira 39.8
Haaland Toney Mitrovic 26.0

Yeah that's similar to what I have in mind. Kev or Son can both be good alternatives and that Spurs game vs Leicester is looking tasty. I'm a little confused on whether to double up on Newcastle defense with Pope and Trips given both look like great value.

And he has no WC to tire him out/potentially get injured.
True. With him it's more about their tactics and form. If the team continues to be disjointed and he continues playing wide trying to supply the big man up front then it's not really worth it.

Can already see Haaland, Toney and Mitro being the new meta for a while.

If we're all gonna perma captain Haaland as well it might just be worth moving the Salah slot around to a premium vice. Surely there will be the odd game where Pep rests him and doesn't need to bring him on at all?

Can already see Haaland, Toney and Mitro being the new meta for a while.

If we're all gonna perma captain Haaland as well it might just be worth moving the Salah slot around to a premium vice. Surely there will be the odd game where Pep rests him and doesn't need to bring him on at all?
That's the thought process now but 6 games into the season things change quick. Isak is there as well now, better fixtures than Toney.

I am thinking about wildcard after next gw so any advice is good;
My current team:
Sanchez/ Ward
Walker, Cancelo, White, TAA, James
Salah, Gross, Martinelli (Murphy, Pereira)
Haaland, Kane, Greenwood

Now, i don't like having double City defence, Salah is useless and bench is weak as feck. So i am thinking;
Sanchez/Ward
Taa, Perisic, Cancelo, James (Dalot)
Rashford, Bernardo, Martinelli(Pereira, Gross)
Haaland, Kane, Toney

Good? Or keep threemium? Or switch Rashford/Bernardo to Ward Prowse/Antony?

Last edited:
I know Son is 'out of form' (he had a few good looks vs Fulham tho), but i'm looking at him for a one-week captain punt in that Leicester game. Could be where his season gets going. Then wildcard for October...

Which player do we bench out of this lot?

TAA, Cancelo, James, Trippier, Saliba
Salah, GroB, Rashford, Martinelli,
Halaand, Jesus

Currently have Saliba benched, but home to Everton doesn't feel great!

Last edited:
I know Haaland will play against Spurs, but Jesus at home to Everton is a tempting captains choice.

He's my placeholder for cap at the moment.
Whether I see it through I don't know.

He does have a 15 pointer in him, but as we've seen recently has a 1 or 2 as well!
Whereas half the country will now just set and forget Haaland.

He's my placeholder for cap at the moment.
Whether I see it through I don't know.

He does have a 15 pointer in him, but as we've seen recently has a 1 or 2 as well!
Whereas half the country will now just set and forget Haaland.
I might just leave it on Haaland myself. City can score against anyone.

Anyone holding out any faith for a salah haul this week? I have my cappa on him atm but know that haaland could easily make me regret that.

Anyone holding out any faith for a salah haul this week? I have my cappa on him atm but know that haaland could easily make me regret that.
The way he's playing, I'm doubtful. But Thiago should be back so that will be handy. I'll keep him but won't Captain.

The way he's playing, I'm doubtful. But Thiago should be back so that will be handy. I'll keep him but won't Captain.
Thanks. Yep, it's mad to think that it's getting to the point where having Salah could become a differential!

Thanks. Yep, it's mad to think that it's getting to the point where having Salah could become a differential!
For me it's the upcoming fixture run as well as the bad form. But I'll setup with WC in a way where I can bring him back within 2 moves in case he does find form again.

For me it's the upcoming fixture run
I don't really mind these fixtures. If you are WCing in GW9 you are already past the Chelsea game who anyway look shite in defense and are managerless, then it's Brighton at home which is a good fixture, Arsenal away with Zina looking pretty bad defensively and they will play a high line at home and lastly Man City where Salah generally destroys Cancelo routinely. After which it's back to a good run vs WHU, Forest, Leeds.

Salah really doesn’t look like a player that’s about to haul…

Saying that, you can guaran-fecking-tee that the little wanker scores big in the CL tonight.

@Dirty Schwein understands how FPL works - am I right mate!?

Saying that, you can guaran-fecking-tee that the little wanker scores big in the CL tonight.

This is very true. Well, I think you've both made my mind up for me. Haul-land it is! Now just watch Salah run wild.

I just brought in Trippier so feels wrong to bench him. Bench Saliba instead? (capitalised is home fixture)

Raya (sou)
James (ful) TAA (WOL) Cancelo (TOT) Saliba (EVE)
Harrison (NFO) Salah (WOL) Martinelli (EVE)
Toney (sou) Haaland (TOT) Jesus (EVE)

Bench : Ward (AVL) Trippier (whm) Andreas (CHE) DaSilva (sou)

This is the way. Salah has had enough of being an FPL great alongside the likes of Lampard and Aguero and now instead wants to jump on the troll train with Callum Wilson, Digne and friends.

Potential WC team no Salah

Raya (Ward)
James Trippier TAA Cancelo (Williams)
Zaha Martinelli Sterling Diaz (Andreas)
Toney Mitrovic Haaland

Last edited:
I am keeping Salah for this week and as captain as well. Win or bust.
And then wildcard with Rashford and Dalot in.
Which means United is fecked again.
United or fpl? What will i choose? :lol:

As someone who (surprisingly) doesn't own any Brighton players yet what's the deal with getting them in now with this whole rail strike thing? I will probably need them for at least 2 GWs before WC.

That's not a problem, I have the dependable Ward to replace Sanchez.

Lets see who Leicester have ... Spurs away ( ****** )