Fantasy Premier League 21/22

I've just given it a go!

Sanchez
TAA, White, Coady
Salah, Bruno, Raphinha, Soucek
Pukki, Kane, Toney

Subs: Steele, Ayling, Gilmour, Johnson
Not awful?

I posted this about a week ago.. goalies and forwards about the same, your defence has TAA, my MF has five options vs four (arguably). There will be some people who do pick all four… If they score 3 a week between them, looking at 30-40 (with one captained), still need rest of squad to chip in 20+ points per week?

Meslier Sanchez

Ayling Veltman Fofana White Clark

BRUNO SALAH Dallas Saka Jorginho

KANE Wood Toney

(Edit. Stick Davis in upfront saves £2.5m. Fofana out for Dias. Dallas to Rafina

Gk
Ayling Dias White
Bruno Salah Rafina Saka Jorginho
Kane Toney)

Last edited:
Not awful?

I posted this about a week ago.. goalies and forwards about the same, your defence has TAA, my MF has five options vs four (arguably). There will be some people who do pick all four… If they score 3 a week between them, looking at 30-40 (with one captained), still need rest of squad to chip in 20+ points per week?

Meslier Sanchez

Ayling Veltman Fofana White Clark

BRUNO SALAH Dallas Saka Jorginho

KANE Wood Toney
It's not as bad as I thought but I'm going to stick to no Kane and see how it pans out. Planning a GW7 WC so not too worried.

It's not as bad as I thought but I'm going to stick to no Kane and see how it pans out. Planning a GW7 WC so not too worried.
As soon as both transfers are done i am going with Kane-Lukaku combo. Until then i am sticking with Bruno-Salah as premium players

Thing is, at City there’s WAY more players to chip in with goals and assists than at Spurs…

At Spurs, if they score it’s very likely that Kane and Son will be the scorer and assister - one way or the other.

Whereas as City you have KDB, Sterling, Foden, Gundogan, Mahrez, Jesus, Torres and possibly Grealish.

I think it’s entirely possible that Kane’s FPL returns actually drop slightly if he joins City!

He’ll still be a top asset, of course, but those thinking the logic of Kane at a more dominant side = more returns, might be disappointed.
This is the other way to look at it...goals will be spread more evenly, for sure. I can see him being as productive as Aguero was (back in the day!) but as you say, it may go the other way.

I am backing Greenwood (7.5M) for the first few weeks. We have nice fixtures and I think hes nailed on for the first couple of games given Rashfords absence and Martial's slow recovery. Can swap him out if his minutes are limited after that.

Fancy him to get a couple against Leeds

I'm going hard on the big money Liverpool players as their first six games look mad good on paper, with only Chelsea posing a real problem. Wils card around game week 7 will being a bit more balance to the squad, which as of now looks like this:

Sanchez (Foster)

TAA, Shaw, Ben White (Manquillo, Omobamidele)

Bissouma, Mane, Salah, Bruno, Soucek

DCL, Toney (Mebude)

No, but you'll be told you have to remove one of your four City players the first time you make a transfer in-season, I think.
Yeah, just saw it in rules. You can have them but with next transfer you must reduce it on 3

As soon as both transfers are done i am going with Kane-Lukaku combo. Until then i am sticking with Bruno-Salah as premium players

Premium players from city is a huge risk. Baldy plays his own league in fpl.

Targett too.

Not that big on the Villa defence. Thought they overperformed a bit last season and their fixtures turn bad after 3 GWs (which isn't ideal if you don't wanna spend transfers on defenders).

Always had a lot of joy with Lukaku in FPL, particularly when he was at Everton. Those flat-track bully accusations that are a criticism in real life are ideal in FPL. Bring him in for good fixtures, safely ditch him for bad.

Hopefully they don't overprice him if he comes.

My best Lukaku moment, was being on a trip up north with work. I'd felt a bit knackered and went to sleep before Everton v some mugs had finished.

Woke up to the magic that Lukaku had been subbed, and then my player Barkley had scored 2 pens late on.

Ohhhh :drool:

Probably a second to the time I was at United v Hull in one freezing Jan game, and Rooney scored 4 as captain for me, when not many had him thus, in the work league. :drool:

I’ll join in if someone puts the codes up please.

I’ve gone Pope (Guaita) Mee Tarkowski Creswell Coufal (Digne) Ward-Prowse Sancho Greenwood Saka Bruno Ings (Antonio / Saint-Maximim)

Not sure what I do about Grealish... Part of me thinks that Pep will want to give his £100m English player lots of time on the pitch but he may as well get him to play 25 games as a box to box.

I am now picking between:

Ederson Foster
TAA Shaw Digne Tierney Johnson
Salah Pepe Greenwood Buendia Raphinha
Wilson Antonio Wood

and

Ederson Foster
TAA Shaw Digne White Johnson
Salah Pepe Greenwood Buendia Grealish
Toney Antonio Wood

I'll want to get Raphinha in eventually anyway...

I am backing Greenwood (7.5M) for the first few weeks. We have nice fixtures and I think hes nailed on for the first couple of games given Rashfords absence and Martial's slow recovery. Can swap him out if his minutes are limited after that.

Fancy him to get a couple against Leeds

Yeah me too. He's an easy swap to Buendia/Raphinha/Barnes/Bowen etc. anyway.

Probably not gonna choose him, but am I the only one finding it wildly odd, that you can't find Amad Diallo on FPL?

I mean you have all sorts of marginal-players for Watford, Brentford, etc.

Could anyone send me the code or URL to join please

Finally decided to log in and start setting up my team, but it still feels pointless with so many unknowns with Kane/Lukaku transfers up in the air. Although I’m not sure I’d be starting with Kane off the back of no preseason.

General consensus seems to be leaving out Chelsea/City till GW6/7 for a wildcard? Also giving more time to judge playing time.

Thinking what is better to have as 4th and 5th defender option. One 5mil player and one 4 mil player who will not even play or two average 4,5 mil players who play always.
I have Ayling and White but Tierney and Williams could be maybe better option to go.

Thinking what is better to have as 4th and 5th defender option. One 5mil player and one 4 mil player who will not even play or two average 4,5 mil players who play always.
I have Ayling and White but Tierney and Williams could be maybe better option to go.
If same cost OR playing 4 or 5 defenders, I’d say the first one… should both play?

But will you play 5?

If same cost OR playing 4 or 5 defenders, I’d say the first one… should both play?

But will you play 5?
My plan is to play with 3. Shaw, Digne and TAA. That is why i am thinking about it. But i like to have ALL players who are first 11 players. Damn, can't wait that this shit starts. Changing lineup every day. And there are questions about Kane, Lukaku, Cavani, Sancho etc....bloody hell.
Last year was easy. Transfer deadline was before FPL deadline. This is nerve breaker :)

Mahrez nailed in my team to start the season.

Does this mean Grealish is guaranteed to start at the beginning of the season in behind the striker/false 9 with Sterling and Mahrez on either side of him? If so he goes straight into my team. At £8m for a guaranteed starter even if it’s only for 2-3 weeks is a steal.

Current team:

------------------------Sanchez----------------------------------------
----------TAA-----------Digne------------Shaw
Salah---Greenwood---Son---Mahrez---Demarai Gray----
------------------Calvert-Lewin-------Watkins

Ive changed it a few times in the past couple of days but 8/9 players have always remained in.
Other players that have been in include Toney, Buendia, Havertz, Barnes, Pepe and Raphinha.
Not sure about Demarai Gray, meh. He's only been in today and as a cheap enabler.

I usually do a 3-4-3 as well but theres a lot of good value in midfield this year.

I dont mind if i have to wildcard during the first international break 3 games in, more so this year as the transfer window only closes before then.

Barnes or Maddison?

Jota or Buendia?
I wouldn’t go with any Leicester players before I see how they lineup. Way too many attacking players there. And I would go Buendia cause he is guaranteed to start barring an injury. Same can’t be said about Jota.

Dunno who to swap grealish with now for a similar price