Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Could Villa go 3-5-2? Bailey can switch up with one of the strikers?

Ings — Watkins

Targett - Buendia - Mcginn - Luiz - Cash

Mings - Konsa - Tuanzebe

Martinez​

Template updated.

1-CF69-B3-D-AA21-4044-BCCF-4-A9-C145-F46-C8.jpg

Could Villa go 3-5-2? Bailey can switch up with one of the strikers?

Ings — Watkins

Targett - Buendia - Mcginn - Luiz - Cash

Mings - Konsa - Tuanzebe

Martinez​
Can't see it, with Traore and El Ghazi as well they have too many wingers. Think it'll be Watkins vs Ings for that spot or Watkins pushed out left, until Ings inevitably gets injured of course.

I guess Southampton sign a replacement, but if not Che Adams after the gameweek 7 wildcard could be good.

Ings to Villa makes Watkins as well as Ings less attractive. No one knows how they'll line up and their fixtures get difficult after 3 weeks so can't even assess the situation.

I'm just change Watkins to DCL.

Ings will obviously be a starter at CF, the question is whether he'll start GW1.

Watkins has played out wide before at Brentford, so he can be used in that role even without switching to two up front. But either way, wouldn't start with him now.

No panic yet, just Watkins to Antonio for GW1!

I don’t think Lukaku will be ready to start, so hold firm on the rest!

Yep I've gone 3-5-2 after Watkins > Ings switch too.

Happier about this actually as I'd rather have two solid attackers and then a reserve just in case. Toney is the sacrificial lamb.

Fofana in 25% of all teams, seems badly injured:

I'm not gonna watch that but I hope he recovers. Young player, was having his breakthrough and now this... hopefully he gets the medical (and mental) help he needs.

First Justin and now Fofana. Leicester young defenders having some horrid luck.

Apparently Villa after Todd Cantwell now.

Could be going 442 (though I think they need a more defensive midfielder)

Watkins Ings
Buendia McGinn Cantwell Bailey
As a Norwich watcher, Cantwell can't play in a midfield two.

That's a shit tackle for a friendly, no need for the scissors.

I had Ings in my team but I actually don’t think he is as attractive with Villa.

Although it’s probably because I also have Grealish in thereC, so double Villa, but he should be a City player soon.

Hard to keep up?

Maybe they're playing true 442 or 532? But likely to have an impact on Watkins FF points as will be sharing the goals?
Yep, I think he's out for me now. Also now needing to shift fofana too. Tbf I don't know why I bother doing it so early. Best laid plans and all...

My updated draft

Sanchez
Trent Digne Coufal
Salah Bruno Raphinia Bowen
Antonio Watkins DCL

I’m expecting Villa to play a 4-4-2

Yep, I think he's out for me now. Also now needing to shift fofana too. Tbf I don't know why I bother doing it so early. Best laid plans and all...
Fofana is an easy swap. He was one of the "trap" 4.5 players in my opinion. Leicester didn't keep many clean sheets last year and he has no attacking threat. There are better options for sure.

Honestly considering transfering out one of Kane/Grealish if they’re both off to City.

Pep is a fecker for rotating players, and their squad depth is getting ridiculous now, as mad as it sounds I don’t think even Kane will be guaranteed to start every week if he goes there.

I’ll almost certainly bottle it because it will be doubly disgusting seeing them there but also every other team in the league smashing me on points every week cos they’ve kept them in.

As with many who had Watkins have swapped him for Ings.

Word that Grealish will switch to central at City and will rotate with Gundo!

Talk about killing the appeal of 2 players for the price of one!
Ings, Watkins and Fofana all look no go now.

Thinking Cavani coming in won't be a bad shout now.

Honestly considering transfering out one of Kane/Grealish if they’re both off to City.

Pep is a fecker for rotating players, and their squad depth is getting ridiculous now, as mad as it sounds I don’t think even Kane will be guaranteed to start every week if he goes there.

I’ll almost certainly bottle it because it will be doubly disgusting seeing them there but also every other team in the league smashing me on points every week cos they’ve kept them in.

As with many who had Watkins have swapped him for Ings.

I think Kane would be. He'd be in the same pool as KDB and Dias who start 95% of their games. Might just get the odd rest before a big CL one.

He's an attacking mid?

Ward Prowse is another rumour.

Either way, still think they need a holding mid.
Yeah, attacking mid albeit generally on the left coming in but can play any of the three positions in a 4231.

They do, Douglas Luiz still at the Olympics too. Might want to avoid the Villa defence.

Agreed. If Kane goes to city I reckon he becomes a must have.

Thing is, at City there’s WAY more players to chip in with goals and assists than at Spurs…

At Spurs, if they score it’s very likely that Kane and Son will be the scorer and assister - one way or the other.

Whereas as City you have KDB, Sterling, Foden, Gundogan, Mahrez, Jesus, Torres and possibly Grealish.

I think it’s entirely possible that Kane’s FPL returns actually drop slightly if he joins City!

He’ll still be a top asset, of course, but those thinking the logic of Kane at a more dominant side = more returns, might be disappointed.

The repercussions of Grealish and Kane are huge FF-wise.

Impacts their own scores, a few Villa players (existing and new), a few City players, Son (role?), Dele Alli (played last night), Ings, maybe Ward-Prowse.

Then if Lukaku comes, there’s him, Ziyech, Havertz (possibly improve those two, score wise) and Timo (couldn’t hit a barn door) Werner.

Thats about 15-20 players, a lot of whom are/were likely FF picks.

I want to wait and ideally see all three done but only 8 days left so doubt it.

Thing is, at City there’s WAY more players to chip in with goals and assists than at Spurs…

At Spurs, if they score it’s very likely that Kane and Son will be the scorer and assister - one way or the other.

Whereas as City you have KDB, Sterling, Foden, Gundogan, Mahrez, Jesus, Torres and possibly Grealish.

I think it’s entirely possible that Kane’s FPL returns actually drop slightly if he joins City!

He’ll still be a top asset, of course, but those thinking the logic of Kane at a more dominant side = more returns, might be disappointed.
There’s a case to say you’d be better with Lukaku (Chelski) over Kane?

A sentence I never thought I’d type.

I think a logical way of seeing it is thinking of an Aguero that plays all season injury-free. About the same level, although they do different things.

The repercussions of Grealish and Kane are huge FF-wise.

Impacts their own scores, a few Villa players (existing and new), a few City players, Son (role?), Dele Alli (played last night), Ings, maybe Ward-Prowse.

Then if Lukaku comes, there’s him, Ziyech, Havertz (possibly improve those two, score wise) and Timo (couldn’t hit a barn door) Werner.

Thats about 15-20 players, a lot of whom are/were likely FF picks.

I want to wait and ideally see all three done but only 8 days left so doubt it.
This is what will make this year interesting. Hopefully.

I hate seeing the template team as the year progresses and you are only relying on the likes of Lowton or Mitchell to help you pull away/catch up.

This year, there's no way to have Kane, Salah, TAA and Bruno in the same team (without the rest of your team becoming awful).

This is what will make this year interesting. Hopefully.

I hate seeing the template team as the year progresses and you are only relying on the likes of Lowton or Mitchell to help you pull away/catch up.

This year, there's no way to have Kane, Salah, TAA and Bruno in the same team (without the rest of your team becoming awful).
It does, though it’ll make my assistants (@Sandikan ) job harder to sort my final team out for me.

Always had a lot of joy with Lukaku in FPL, particularly when he was at Everton. Those flat-track bully accusations that are a criticism in real life are ideal in FPL. Bring him in for good fixtures, safely ditch him for bad.

Hopefully they don't overprice him if he comes.

Template updated.

1-CF69-B3-D-AA21-4044-BCCF-4-A9-C145-F46-C8.jpg
1.0m too much in defence imo. You’re relying on Raphinha, Buendia with no real back up.

Raph is good but I’d rather have someone better than Buendia or ESR over Bissouma.

Lukaku at Chelsea and Kane at CIty won't be good news for us Utd fans but it will certainly liven up FPL. Seems like every man and his dog has TAA Salah Bruno and a combination of DCL Watkins/Ings Antonio Toney