Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If we bring Felliani AND Fabregas then I honestly believe we would have a CM which is at par with that of Bayern and Barca.

How? Fellaini wouldn't get near the Bayern or Barca team, Carrick wouldn't get in either.

Vasey20|13

Just seen on Twitter that Tito coached Fabregas from the age of fourteen, and that he played in most games last season. That, and the fact Fabregas has stated he's happy at Barcelona has their fans fairly confident no deal will materialise.
99% of fans said Thiago wouldn't go to Bayern, despite Pep, because of their already packed midfield. If we've made a bid we're right to have some hope!

Siorac

If we bring Felliani AND Fabregas then I honestly believe we would have a CM which is at par with that of Bayern and Barca. It wont happen though.
No, we'd still be behind on quality and in comparison with Bayern, depth as well. A midfield three of Carrick, Fábregas and Fellaini would allow us to try and compete against these sides, yes, but Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets or Martinez-Schweinsteiger-Thiago/Kroos are both comfortably better trios.

Basically, I don't want Fellaini :lol:

DevilRed

If we bring Felliani AND Fabregas then I honestly believe we would have a CM which is at par with that of Bayern and Barca. It wont happen though.
Don't forget Carrick!

Honestly though, this whole summer of transfer sagas feels surreal. Its been a rollercoaster ride so far.

Only 360 pages or so to go before this thread overtakes the thiago one. :lol:

gaz1185

Just seen on Twitter that Tito coached Fabregas from the age of fourteen, and that he played in most games last season. That, and the fact Fabregas has stated he's happy at Barcelona has their fans fairly confident no deal will materialise.
He did play him as a CF quite often though, something I don't think Cesc quite liked.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
I get that we're all excited and stuff but that's just over the top. We'd need at least 2 world class midfielders on top of Carrick to be able to say that we can compete with Bayern's midfield.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No, but Moyes and everyone else has been doing the "we're United, always in for the best" etc. I think the club is trying more to placate the fans, with a new manager and all. Show that he's ambitious and all that. I don't think we're not going for players, maybe differe ones from the player's reported about
That really is total bollocks. Like I said above, do you not realise how damaging it is to the clubs image if we are seen to be bidding on a load of star players, getting rejected and then signing average ones?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No, but Moyes and everyone else has been doing the "we're United, always in for the best" etc. I think the club is trying more to placate the fans, with a new manager and all. Show that he's ambitious and all that. I don't think we're not going for players, maybe differe ones from the player's reported about

To think that we used to laugh at Spurs when they used to say that they nearly signed a big player. Our list of near signings (Hazard, Moura, Thiago) is growing

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
its over for sure this time, im not even getting my hopes up. fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. etc

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Everyone wanted him back, Laporta, Pep & Rosell. It was always going to happen. Of course, sometimes you regret the things you think you need/want the most. Probably why the club resisted loans for a few years there when there youths available to be promoted. The fear that their Barcelona training would be evaporate from their game the way it did for Cesc. Although Deulofeu's loan to Everton is a curious one, especially with the #10 shirt
Surely there's a way to adapt Fabregas to the system? He's done perfectly sell for the national team consisting mainly of Barcelona players. He's certainly drifted away from Barca's style at Arsenal but I reckon it's still possibly for you to make good use of him, he's still a far better player than Song.

Siorac

That really is total bollocks. Like I said above, do you not realise how damaging it is to the clubs image if we are seen to be bidding on a load of star players, getting rejected and then signing average ones?
It would be damaging if the player rejected us. If the club does... we can say that Barcelona refused to entertain the thought of letting Fábregas go, tough luck.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
To think that we used to laugh at Spurs when they used to say that they nearly signed a big player. Our list of near signings (Hazard, Moura, Thiago) is growing
We always missed out on top players, it happens, you win some you lose some.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He did play him as a CF quite often though, something I don't think Cesc quite liked.
Played 43 times. 25 as a CM, 10 as a CF, 2 as FL, 1 as MR and 5 Subs according to whoscored.

Sarni

Well, Kagawa and van Persie suggest that our list of successful big transfers is also growing. Keep this crap out of this thread.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Jeez, some of you make me laugh. Complain when we don't sign midfielders (players), then rubbish when we do bid for players. Top quality ones at that. So what if he doesn't come? The intent is there to sign a top class midfielder and some of you have some strange defence when stories come out saying we've had a bid. What do you want?

I think its an highly unlikely transfer due to where he is and his previous team reportedly having first dibs on him. Doesn't mean its impossible though. Lighten up and have a little faith and patience.

devilish

I get that we're all excited and stuff but that's just over the top. We'd need at least 2 world class midfielders on top of Carrick to be able to say that we can compete with Bayern's midfield.

Carrick is a great player, he's not at the same level of Keane/Scholes but his all round skills and experience makes him a great asset for the team. Felliani is technically limited but he's tough + his workrate is second to no ones. Fabregas is world class. I think that this midfield has the right balance of workrate and creativity.

Now this would make up for missing out on Thiago. Fabregas is high quality and Premier League proven.

However Barcelona have no reason to sell him, and the only way we'd get him to return is the lure of a starting place. It's up to him whether he wants to leave the subs bench behind. After all he is "home" at the Camp Nou and may have too much respect to face off against Arsenal.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We're obviously going to be a little more reserved in approaching this potential transfer after the Thiago heartbreak. Mind you, it happens like this every summer practically. Lose out on Hazard and Lucas, don't get hopes up for van Persie. Sign van Persie.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It would be damaging if the player rejected us. If the club does... we can say that Barcelona refused to entertain the thought of letting Fábregas go, tough luck.
So you think the club would come out with a statement that we have the money to bid for the best players, bid for one of the best players and then say "we couldn't go as high as what they wanted".

Yep, that'll work too.

I really wish people would actually think before they type.

Sarni

How? Fellaini wouldn't get near the Bayern or Barca team, Carrick wouldn't get in either.
They'd make us competitive against them though, as things stand we wouldn't see much of the ball against either but with Carrick, Fabregas and Fellaini we'd have some possession which would be a good start. We have a good defence and a very strong attack as well as Kagawa, Nani and Valencia.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Carrick is a great player, he's not at the same level of Keane/Scholes but his all round skills and experience makes him a great asset for the team. Felliani is technically limited but he's tough + his workrate is second to no ones. Fabregas is world class. I think that this midfield has the right balance of workrate and creativity.
Those three may work well with each other but no, they can't compete with Bayern's midfield. Fellaini is just nowhere near that level required.

Seveneric

Why does it have to be the player? Barcelona could simply just say he's not for sale and they're not interested, which wouldn't be that much of a blow. Just too many things that makes it improbable. Like I said, the player loves Barcelona and won't move unless pushed out, and despite people saying he won't go back to Arsenal, I actually can if the only other option was joining United. He really does seem to love and respect them.

Backrow Singer

I think people are letting Fabregas' time at Barca skew how good he really is. He's still one of the worlds very best midfielders and it would take a lot for Thiago to become better. I'd say both were equally as talented at their respective ages and if anything Fabregas was the more accomplished player aged 22 than Thiago.
Just my opinion obviously, and as I say, I would love Fabregas at United. He is proven in the Premier League, and as you say, he is a quality midfielder who would make a huge difference for us.

devilish

Its about the combination between the three players. Gattuso was certainly not world class but put him with Pirlo and Kaka and the combination between the three was enough to outclass us. Add Fabregas class and Felliani’s workrate to Carrick’s intelligence and great passing ability and you’ve got a winner.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Fabregas would be an incredible signing - I'm amazed that there are people that actually don't think this.

It's never going to happen though.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Why does it have to be the player? Barcelona could simply just say he's not for sale and they're not interested, which wouldn't be that much of a blow. Just too many things that makes it improbable. Like I said, the player loves Barcelona and won't move unless pushed out, and despite people saying he won't go back to Arsenal, I actually can if the only other option was joining United. He really does seem to love and respect them.
I'm going to leave this discussion here. I think it's a ridiculous thought that a club of our stature would do something like that for so many reasons. Lets agree to disagree.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I'd love this transfer to happen, but I reckon Barca will want to hang on to him and I don't think he'd want to leave anyway.

Why didn't we just go straight in with a 30-35m bid? Forget the faffing about, they either take it or leave it. I'd be gutted to lose out on another big signing over a few million quid.

Shark

@NotShark
As unlikely as this is, it's refreshing to see some concrete evidence that we're attempting to sign a top player. Lets just wait and see what happens from here.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I just don't see why we would bid if we hadn't received encouragement from the player, his club or both.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Everyone wanted him back, Laporta, Pep & Rosell. It was always going to happen. Of course, sometimes you regret the things you think you need/want the most. Probably why the club resisted loans for a few years there when there youths available to be promoted. The fear that their Barcelona training would be evaporate from their game the way it did for Cesc. Although Deulofeu's loan to Everton is a curious one, especially with the #10 shirt
I honestly don't think Pep wanted him back at that time. I think he was more of a "bring our boy home" transfer than anything else as he hasn't vastly improved the squad. Is he a good player, of course but I think it was more a political transfer than I Guardiola endorsed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.