Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasey20|13

Cesc to United, Rooney to Barca, Napoli to get Higuain to fill for Cavani, Suarez rejects Arsenal.

We then sign Bale, Ronaldo and Baines and put Adnan in the starting line up.

Arsenal sign Anderson, Bebe and Fellaini on the final day of the season.

:drool:

Mojo_pin

That could be an explanation, but have they got any other reliable player for the midfield? They can't go into a new season with just Busquets, Xavi or Iniesta.

They have Song and Mascherano, too. If Barca sign Silva, maybe that will push Mascherano into midfield?

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If this gets shut down straight away so soon after losing out on Alcantara our transfer strategy will begin to look a bit uncoordinated and reactionary. After all it is not as if we'd be using this to apply pressure to another transfer we want, not so far as is commonly know at least.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
feck, I'm astonished that we've actually made a bid.

Moyes is seriously well up for it this Summer.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
So when he did this:

You were seething, all the while biding your time?
Theres a little thread on here, its only small so you may have missed it, its about rooney? All of this is covered in there.

Now for the last time, are we sitting comfortably children? Hated him at Everton, Hated when we signed him, Celebrated along with everyone else when ever he scored because it was a goal for United. Always gave him credit when playing well, first to get on his case when not, would still be delighted to see him leave.

All up to speed?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
So basically, we've made bids for 2 CMs this summer, and have probably enquired about 2/3/4 more?
feck me lads, that's fantastic.

Commadus

So we wanted Fabregas instead of Thiago so is there truth to the rumours Moyes didn't believe Thiago could cut it in the Premier League?

I_live_cement

Cat freak
We wouldn't bid for him if there wasn't at least an indication from his agent that he'd be interested in a move here.

Having said that, Barca won't sell him. Don't get your hopes up again guys.

Ash_G

If this gets shut down straight away so soon after losing out on Alcantara our transfer strategy will begin to look a bit uncoordinated and reactionary. After all it is not as if we'd be using this to apply pressure to another transfer we want, not so far as is commonly know at least.

Not really, who would really have thought Bayern would want Thiago so much given the players they have and that they've signed Gotze already. I'd say its more unfortunate than anything, there's no suggestion Thiago wouldn't have come here had Pep not wanted him so much.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Maybe Thiago was just a smokescreen all along.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
So basically, we've made bids for 2 CMs this summer, and have probably enquired about 2/3/4 more?
feck me lads, that's fantastic.
One bid, we've never triggered Thiago's release clause, otherwise the press would have been all over it (see fabregas) instead of just twitter accounts like superagent2013.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
As far as I know we never made a confirmed bid for Thiago.

I'm going to take it as an on the fence enquiry then.
Still, that amount of enquiries is very good considering our last few seasons of "no value in the market" statements.

Widnes

I couldn't see us going as far as making a bid without sounding Cesc out, so he may possibly be interested in returning to England with us.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Not a chance this is happening but I'm delighted we've a new muppet target so close after Thaigo.

Let the GIF's begin! :D

Ainu

To all those sorry wankers in here saying "dream on, this will never happen, etc.", would you kindly feck off out of the thread? This isn't based on hearsay and rumours, we've actually made a substantial bid this time. If that isn't a basis to start discussing and god forbid actually being optimistic than I don't know what is.

Castia

fecking hell at least he's bidding for world class midfielders, cant really ask for more than that. I doubt we will get Cesc, even if Barcelona agree to sell (highly unlikely) I can still see him turning down the chance to leave.

Seveneric

Well one thing is for sure, the Fabregas bid is certainly a lot more concrete than anything during the Alcantara saga.
How long ago was the bid made? Surely Barcelona should have rejected it or something by now?
If United even making a bid turns out to be false, I really would never believe anything in the media till it actually happens

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
KingEric & I are well-known as the scientific rationalists on this forum and, in this spirit, I suggest that no-one watches any Cesc Youtube vids as this will definitely jinx us.
On the contrary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_attraction

If we think Fabregas is on, it's fecking on. ;) We were too busy shitting ourselves about Bayern for the last one to happen.

Vasey20|13

Don't know a lot about Barca, but apparently this Rosell guy is fecking things up big time around those parts. Who knows what plans Barca have, maybe they're looking at a major re-fit and Cesc isn't part of the plans? Maybe Thiago was told the same thing? Would be mad to think talents as big as those two would not be in the plans but you never know. If we've had contact with his agent/Barca over the last few weeks it would be stupid to think that we've not at least had a bit of encouragement from someone that a bid would be worth our time.

Bread

To all those sorry wankers in here saying "dream on, this will never happen, etc.", would you kindly feck off out of the thread? This isn't based on hearsay and rumours, we've actually made a substantial bid this time. If that isn't a basis to start discussing and god forbid actually being optimistic than I don't know what is.
Dream on this will never happen.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request

Exactly.

Earlier the commotion was that we didn't go for Thiago.We never go for top players. We never shop from the top shelf.

Now that we have gone for a player - this is all hogwash, PR exercise, a bid to fool the fans etc. etc.

Mental.

Spider

Bringer of old news
Transfer news: Manchester United to make £35m offer for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas

Last Updated: July 15, 2013 1:47pm

• Share:

Cesc Fabregas: Rejoined Barcelona from Arsenal two years ago

Manchester United are preparing a £35m bid to bring Cesc Fabregas back to England, according to Sky sources.
The Barcelona midfielder has repeatedly said he wants to stay at his hometown club despite difficulty winning over some supporters last season.
That was his second year back in Catalonia following his return from Arsenal, who reportedly have first refusal on Fabregas if Barca decide to sell.
United's interest remains firm, despite those possible stumbling blocks, as they search for a creative midfield presence to offset the loss of newly-retired Paul Scholes.
And Sky sources understand that interest will be made official imminently.
Fabregas would become the second former Arsenal captain at Old Trafford, alongside Robin van Persie, if the Premier League champions managed to pull off a deal.

Havak

Pokemon master
My assumption would be that we lowballed for Thiago too (probably bang on the release clause, which led to Bayern snapping him up for a few million more).

We're lowballing this too but I expect that if this transfer somehow happens, he'll cost us at the very least £28m. It's a tough call though, if we somehow ending up paying what he is worth (over £30m surely?) then will other clubs think they can keep making us add on another £5m every time we're after someone? :/ Good job we have no budget :lol:

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Never going to happen, especially now. Feels a bit like an attempt to save face over criticism on not landing Thiago for Moyes et al - which would've been much simpler to complete...and cheaper.

Ahh, if only we had a Delorean to go back in time, you lot could get Cesc and Thiago would remain

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Not really, who would really have thought Bayern would want Thiago so much given the players they have and that they've signed Gotze already. I'd say its more unfortunate than anything, there's no suggestion Thiago wouldn't have come here had Pep not wanted him so much.
It would be rather the Fabreagas bid than our interest in Thiago as surely the brass put in a little groundwork prior to reaching for the United credit card, why put yourself out there with an offer which was never likely to get off the ground in the first place?

Not the team cam came ven close to signign a CM in seasons past, evident progress this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.