Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

Why is he struggling, is it Klopps system? I don't think I've even seen him play this year but he looked decent when I saw him a year or so back.

I think he has potential. He reminds me a lot of Dietmar Hamann, but possibly better at driving forwards. He still gets caught out by the pace at times, but if he can adapt to that and acquire some of the savvy Didi had, I think he'll take Hendo's place.

Seen some rumors suggesting PSG will go for him in Jan.

I'm hurting right now.
Told you so. ;)

But we are also linked with about a hundred other players and have little money available due to FFP if that can reassure you.

I thought he had a fantastic game and was tied with Robertson as MOTM for Liverpool. He showed he has more in his locker than Henderson.
I’ll be honest I wasn’t actually that impressed today, Robertson was good but I wasn’t so sure about Fabinho.

Easy to have a good game with almost no pressure on you for the duration of the match.

@Klopper76 tagline not so laughable now, could do with a update.

Fabinho wasn't pressed or pressured at any point during the game. Herrera and Matic were playing as centerbacks for all intents and purposes.

He was average today, as was his partner Keita. Between them, they managed one defence-splitting pass which resulted in a goal. It took a large dose of good fortune to score the other 2. For all their high-energy and possession, Liverpool looked rather toothless in the creativity department. I wasn't that impressed by them truth be told

City, on the other hand, tore us open at will and could have won the game by an unearthly margin had they converted their chances.

Fabinho wasn't pressed or pressured at any point during the game. Herrera and Matic were playing as centerbacks for all intents and purposes.

He was average today, as was his partner Keita. Between them, they managed one defence-splitting pass which resulted in a goal. It took a large dose of good fortune to score the other 2. For all their high-energy and possession, Liverpool looked rather toothless in the creativity department. I wasn't that impressed by them truth be told

City, on the other hand, tore us open at will and could have won the game by an unearthly margin had they converted their chances.
Liverpool's midfield is still full of mostly workmanlike players, not passers. Though Fabinho can, and Keita certainly can, but have not been very effective.

City's midfield on the other hand have David Silva, Bernardo, Gundogan and De Bruyne. Should not be any comparison at all. Even Chelsea has better midfield. Anyway, Klopp does not play the way Sarri or Pep plays, so this midfield is good enough for his style of football.

He destroyed us today, no idea why he was the only midfield player that was not pressed by anybody from us (our #10 aka dab assistant was supposed to do it?). I've said he'd come good and he's slowly, unfortunately, starting to look the part.

Fabinho will be a starter very soon IMO. I think he had problems keeping up with the high work rate needed in that Liverpool side but looks like he is starting to adapt. Keita's problem is his high risk passing in the middle of the pitch and him trying to be way too spectacular at times, as well as being a tad too easy to push off the ball.

It was a nice easy game for him against a Matic and Herrera.

What was it you weren’t convinced about? I thought he did his job well, shielded the defence and helped created attacks. Showed some nice dribbling and linkup play and was feeding nice through balls for the attack
Shielded the defense from who?

Makalele could have come out of retirement, sat in front of Liverpool's defence and looked the part.

Not surprised by his upturn in form - just needed time to adjust to the premier league - he’s a special CDM and will just continue to get better and better.

I really like Fabinho but wouldn’t judge him from today.

He won’t have an easier game all season.

I was massively impressed with him today. His tackling and passing was excellent. So nice to have a player that doesn't always pass the ball back and side ways.
My MOTM.

I think you need to re-evaluate how you watch football

Done what he needed to do which wasn’t a lot. He will have bigger tests than us (which is sad on our part)

Again, can't help but looking at our meltdown in the earlier pages of this thread and those who mocked us for it, we all knew it was going to turn shite didn't we ?

A good assist but he needs to do more of such things. His attacking passing ability has been poor overall so far.

And defensive, he seems lacks the pace/athleticism to handle the workload required. So question marks still remains both defensive and attacking. He isnt technically brilliant neither physically (other than height). So at best, can be a tidy player but is that worth 50M?

I wouldn't worry too much about him, even shit players bossed us under Jose (look no further than Mark Noble) and Manutd with a midfield of Fellaini, Rooney bossed Chelsea midfield with Fabregas, Matic at Stamford bridge when Jose was Chelsea manager.

It's easy to boss the midfield against Jose's team as he has no interest in playing with the ball.

A good assist but he needs to do more of such things. His attacking passing ability has been poor overall so far.

And defensive, he seems lacks the pace/athleticism to handle the workload required. So question marks still remains both defensive and attacking. He isnt technically brilliant neither physically (other than height). So at best, can be a tidy player but is that worth 50M?

False.

Did you watch the game? He owned midfield. Easily could be MOTM.

Each to their own opinions and all but I think other than the “good assist” comment, everything else you have mentioned, I feel completely the opposite about.

You must be watching a different player to me, he was fantastic last night and hasn’t been massively improving over his last several appearances.

£50m could look like a bargain with regular performances of late imo

He has been playing very well lately.Many were surprised he did not start against Napoli.

controlled the midfield.

liverpool are a more balanced team.

and arguably liverpool's best defender was out.... gomez

Last edited: