F1 2024 Season

F-Red

I don't think the PU will make much of a difference, the rest bar Renault understand the PU now and have gone past them, it's going to come down to aerodynamics and they seem to be as bad at that as Renault are at the PU.
I disagree. The PU removal of the MGU-H means we'll probably have turbo lag back in 26 engines, more focus on engine efficiency as we have less fuel per races, all of this with less dyno time to test engines.

We could have another 2014 season on our hands where one nails the engine regs and runs away with it. We'll also see a fuel and lubricant war again as teams try to find competitive advantage to maximise the efficiency.

dinostar77

I disagree. The PU removal of the MGU-H means we'll probably have turbo lag back in 26 engines, more focus on engine efficiency as we have less fuel per races, all of this with less dyno time to test engines.

We could have another 2014 season on our hands where one nails the engine regs and runs away with it. We'll also see a fuel and lubricant war again as teams try to find competitive advantage to maximise the efficiency.
It's going to 50/50 split between ICE running synthetic fuels and the electric motors. There shouldn't be any turbo lag right? Power is up to 1000bhp overall.

The movable aero is probably going to be 2014 PU / 2022 Venturi tunnels. One team will nail the movable aero and be uncatchable for a few seasons.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It's going to 50/50 split between ICE running synthetic fuels and the electric motors. There shouldn't be any turbo lag right? Power is up to 1000bhp overall.

The movable aero is probably going to be 2014 PU / 2022 Venturi tunnels. One team will nail the movable aero and be uncatchable for a few seasons.
The only team that should really benefit from the change to the PUs is Renault, it'll give them another chance to get it right after not getting it right for the last decade, the rest of the engine manufacturers understand it now.