F1 2022 Season

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Hmmm, The guy has traction issues. It’s not indicative of the regulations but more Leclercs challenges today if I’m honest.

If it wasn’t for the DRS today it would be a snooze fest sadly.
Whether he had traction issues or not is missing the point, badly. But just for the record he didn’t have those issues on laps 14-25, just at the end of his stint. However every car in every race has traction issues at the end of their stints so it’s irrelevant either way.

The difference is that he could follow >1sec behind another car for a third of the race without cooking his fronts, which is exactly what the new regs set out to accomplish.

F-Red

But only marginally. 20 laps, at least 2 behind a safety car. Why did they not go for mediums for the pace?
I think it’s more about the window of the mediums not being consistent. The hard is super predictable for the teams and I guess they’re more confident in leaning on it to get the lap times. If the medium was truly the tire for now then I would have expected Verstappen to be on it.

Jack-C20

So if I’m reading it right which is probably wrong, should the Ferrari be rapid here if it’s generally quicker in qualifying with lower fuel loads and whatnot?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think it’s more about the window of the mediums not being consistent. The hard is super predictable for the teams and I guess they’re more confident in leaning on it to get the lap times. If the medium was truly the tire for now then I would have expected Verstappen to be on it.
Yeah. Le Clerc on old mediums though seems to be doing fine, for now at least. Let’s see!

Mike Smalling

It really is the hope that kills you with Haas. Might have scored their last points this season.

Jack-C20

With how Sainz’s year has gone I’m not sure what’s going to happen here.

Balljy

I imagine both will keep switching places because of DRS? Should be fun!
I was thinking that. You've got two thirds of a lap to get over a second ahead, otherwise DRS is going to make it a lottery.

Dan_F

Would be surprised if Max doesn’t take the place back on the next straight, that’s if Sainz can even get it done.

MTF

Seems like Sainz has to exit the hairpin at least within a half second. 6-7 tenths he's been exiting behind hasn't been close enough.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Seems like Sainz has to exit the hairpin at least within a half second. 6-7 tenths he's been exiting behind hasn't been close enough.
aye. he’s not trying anything different either to try and get closer to max before the drs straights.