Everton 24/25 | John Textor has entered period of exclusivity to pursue Everton takeover

Fans of some clubs have stood out more than others in that regard. Everton's are one of them, and it all started with their little moment in the sun in 2013/14.

It's not even just fans of the club that have been acting the big 'un over Branthwaite. The club themselves and ex-players, etc. connected to them have been giving it "we don't need to sell, he's a £100 million player" and now they're in the shit and are now potentially facing selling him for the "derisory" offer we tabled.

Personally, I hope they navigate it and regain some stability with a semi-competent ownership, but there is something slightly amusing about the 24-hour turnaround in their mood.

Yeah they've been a bit silly with their stance on our Branthwaite offer.

I just don't see the comedy in a historic club being destroyed by terrible owners after what we have experienced.

Also for what it's worth I don't imagine this will actually have any effect on the Branthwaite deal.

My dad is an Everton supporter so this feels like pretty shit news. A historical and great club let down once again by wankers.

If it was Liverpool on the other hand...

Apparently they heard Evertonians being whiny little bitches about us signing Yoro and wanted no part of them.
They wanted that Branthwaite wonga

Because deep down in places they don't talk about at parties, they want that JB wonga -- they need that JB wonga!

Yeah they've been a bit silly with their stance on our Branthwaite offer.

I just don't see the comedy in a historic club being destroyed by terrible owners after what we have experienced.

Also for what it's worth I don't imagine this will actually have any effect on the Branthwaite deal.

An element of "what goes around, comes around", I guess.

As I said, my general stance is that I hope they navigate it precisely because they're a traditionally big club (and they hate Liverpool), but given the 'comedy' they've found in our last decade, I don't think it's bad that I can see the funny side of today's news.

Why do only the sh!tty clubs win the ownership lottery, and actual good clubs have to go through these problems?

I don't fully understand what the situation is with their ownership, but felt like United have always had a very good relationship with Everton with a lot of players being transferred between the clubs and with our mutual dislike of Liverpool.

I have also quite enjoyed all the banter over the Branthwaite deal as well.

We annoyed the shit out of them with the laughable double bid for both Baines and Fellani and soured the whole relationship.

An element of "what goes around, comes around", I guess.

As I said, my general stance is that I hope they navigate it precisely because they're a traditionally big club (and they hate Liverpool), but given the 'comedy' they've found in our last decade, I don't think it's bad that I can see the funny side of today's news.

Not sure how true this is, considering how they tend to give Liverpool 6 points every season.

Not sure how true this is, considering how they tend to give Liverpool 6 points every season.
I know we like to joke about this but Liverpool have only actually got 6 points off them seven times since the PL started.

We should go back in for Branthwaite with a lower bid than our last one

Imo we should be looking to repair these relationships rather than exacerbate them. This would be a silly move imo, though I'm a bit confused as to why Everton hate us so much. The clubs seem to have had a good relationship over the years and we've sold them some solid players for cheap.

Imo we should be looking to repair these relationships rather than exacerbate them. This would be a silly move imo, though I'm a bit confused as to why Everton hate us so much. The clubs seem to have had a good relationship over the years and we've sold them some solid players for cheap.

I don't think we do really. I think unfortunately the media has played a blinder in gravitating clicks to their content by creating a divide between the fanbases with nonsense 'leaked' info or unhinged player profile articles.

I don't think we do really. I think unfortunately the media has played a blinder in gravitating clicks to their content by creating a divide between the fanbases with nonsense 'leaked' info or unhinged player profile articles.
Grand Old Team certainly seems to hate United.

I do like Everton and I hope some good news comes their way soon, even if they have behaved like prats over Branthwaite.

I think we should extend an arm to the Grand Old Team forum.

Grand Old Team certainly seems to hate United.

I think that's just silly football tribalism, much of the same is seen on here in the opposite direction, but usually by muppets who aren't worth listening to most of the time.

I think most of the time it's healthy football banter but the media has stoked the fire in regards to this.

I think a lot of your fan-base harbour the same bitterness that most fans of English football clubs do regarding United.

I think a lot of your fan-base harbour the same bitterness that most fans of English football clubs do regarding United.

Probably. I don't think it helps that to a lot of neutral fans their mouthpiece for United content and opinion is Goldbridge and his football twitter minions rather than the Caf for example.

Probably. I don't think it helps that to a lot of neutral fans their mouthpiece for United content and opinion is Goldbridge and his football twitter minions rather than the Caf for example.

It long predates jobsworths like Goldbridge, although I think he certainly exacerbates it among the online contingents.

United have been hated by basically fans of basically every other team in the country for as long as I can remember (which is from about the mid-late 90s).

Sometimes I think people forget Everton ate scousers.
Everton fans are always high up the obnoxious levels when they play us and very few teams revel in beating us more.

I actually think they should do something like this. Lower would be an insult but I would raise it very, very slightly. By £3-4m.

Everton are taking the piss trying to get £70m, they need to be sensible. Being ridiculous is what's got them into this mess.

It long predates jobsworths like Goldbridge, although I think he certainly exacerbates it among the online contingents.

United have been hated by basically fans of basically every other team in the country for as long as I can remember (which is from about the mid-late 90s).
We won everything in the 90's and admittedly often acted like cnuts while doing it, it's almost understandable. It was a long time ago though and oppo fans need to get a life and get over it, City are clearly the mutual enemy of all English clubs right now.

Every single club in football has a Youtube idiot like Goldbridge spouting shite online. For some unfathomable reason that clown just gets more attention than most.

First and foremost, you don’t want to see this happen to a club with the kinda history that Everton has. It’s not good for the game at all.

Secondly, we should make the same offer again for Branthwaite.

Love the idea of "proper" clubs when City bend us all over. Hilarious. Everton fans were happy when were in the mud.

Squad

Goalkeepers:
Pickford, Virginia

Defenders: Patterson, Keane, Holgate, Tarkowski, Young, Mykolenko, Coleman, Branthwaite, Godfrey, O'Brien

Midfielders:
Doucoure, Gueye, Garner, McNeil, Onana, Dobbin , Gomes, Danjuma, Dele, Timmy, Harrison, Lindstrøm, Ndiaye

Forwards:
DCL, Beto, Chermiti, Maupay

So with O'Brien close to joining I think we are making good progress on business so far. Should be c.85m Euros out in terms of fees and c.50m in.

What I like is that we are targeting younger players. All 25 and under with the exception of Harrison but the manager knows him well and he was decent last season. Things are still up in the air regarding DCL and Branthwaite, with fringe players like Maupay, Beto, Holgate and Keane also in the firing line so expect a few more deals to be made.

We are still targeting Gnonto but ideally I would also like another CM, Forward and fullback. A lot of squad reshaping needs to be done and we have made an excellent start to that I think.

Feeling even less reason to follow the upcoming season than I normally do. Just a pointless exercise.

Good luck to @SilentWitness and any other blues on here who put themselves through it :+1:

More talk of another points deduction heading their way.
They deserve it for foolishly trying to rinse us for Braithwaite. I’m sick of other clubs trying to take us for a fool, and seeing Everton suffering after trying to pull that stuff over us is amusing.

Next up: The premier League repossess everton's new stadium. And then show Everton's biggest derby defeats on the big screen 24/7. Even when matched are being played in it.

They deserve it for foolishly trying to rinse us for Braithwaite. I’m sick of other clubs trying to take us for a fool, and seeing Everton suffering after trying to pull that stuff over us is amusing.

I'm all for pettiness in football but this is right up there with Sunderland doing the Poznan as the most precious reasons to hold a grudge.