Everton 24/25 | John Textor has entered period of exclusivity to pursue Everton takeover

Not to be insensitive but surely this helps with signing Branthwaite?

£60m will make a significant dent in their debt
Not really sure what it means in terms of sales but surely not good for Everton.

On one hand it's very funny after the meltdown from those specific weird Everton twitter accounts, but on another much larger hand I feel for them. We know first hand what it's like to have shitty owners so I hope this isn't too bad for them.

Not really sure what it means in terms of sales but surely not good for Everton.

On one hand it's very funny after the meltdown from those specific weird Everton twitter accounts, but on another much larger hand I feel for them. We know first hand what it's like to have shitty owners so I hope this isn't too bad for them.

Yeah, this is more than just losing JB, rather starting to think about losing the club in the worst case scenario and we keep being hit with those.

Not really when you consider it was them who was jumping into bed with them!
But it was Everton's current ownership that took out a load of loans from 777 back when it was looking like they were taking over, wasn't it?

But it was Everton's current ownership that took out a load of loans from 777 back when it was looking like they were taking over, wasn't it?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, it's not surprising that Moshiri who is dodgy has jumped into bed with dodgy people.

Aside from this transfer it's sad they are in this situation. Hope they get some stability because they're a good club

Also what is worrying is that now Friedkin are going to remain a lender to the club, so it just means we are hopping from lender to lender. Depressing.

Also what is worrying is that now Friedkin are going to remain a lender to the club, so it just means we are hopping from lender to lender. Depressing.
That's mad.

It's looking more and more like Moshiri (without Usmanov) simply never had PL football club money, and is desperate to take cash in any form from anybody who even looks at the club.

That's mad.

It's looking more and more like Moshiri (without Usmanov) simply never had PL football club money, and is desperate to take cash in any form from anybody who even looks at the club.

Yep, he's a leech. It's quite difficult to predict where we go from here but unless a state sponsored investment comes in, I'd be surprised if anyone else was willing to take on that debt or tackle the issues of it.

if only there was something like ffp in place to stop these kinds of things from happening. i’m sure a club like everton could see the value in that and would vote for measures for strength it.

if only there was something like ffp in place to stop these kinds of things from happening. i’m sure a club like everton could see the value in that and would vote for measures for strength it.

I reckon we deserve at least a 70 point deduction.

I fear for Everton, I really do. Hate seeing one of the massive clubs with a huge tradition and history being run into the ground over the years by poor decision makers and greedy and reckless owners.
Taking all the supporter tribalism out of it, it’s horrible to see clubs like Everton struggling

Read a good article about the financial state of Everton and it didn’t make for much optimism for the club moving forward. Debts of up to £550m and loans secured against the stadium, ground around the stadium and ownership rights to the club.
Wonder if this is why we offered a low value for JB knowing how bad things are and the inevitability of the collapse of the takeover.

like with any shady owners, it’s the fans that suffer. if i could be arsed, i would look at starting some kind of class action lawsuit against the ‘fit and proper’ ownership tests. and then i would riot outside the pl and fa offices.

Is this not just another way of saying "we've been able to borrow some more money"?

Pretty much, as said above, Friedkin is remaining as a lender, so it's just a continuation with another group at the helm of the lending.

Pretty much, as said above, Friedkin is remaining as a lender, so it's just a continuation with another group at the helm of the lending.

So any potential new owners are going to have to take on even more debt?

Shite situation.

I fear for Everton, I really do. Hate seeing one of the massive clubs with a huge tradition and history being run into the ground over the years by poor decision makers and greedy and reckless owners.
Taking all the supporter tribalism out of it, it’s horrible to see clubs like Everton struggling
Agreed!

Hope they pull through

Was reading the NYT article.. they owe over £600m + whatever the owner is looking for ..
they are making a loss.. the revenues aren't great..
had no idea they were in so much trouble.

Whoever takes over, seems unlikely Everton's value is above zero.

They'll need to put a lot of money in just to stabilize the finances and get it viable.

@SilentWitness a Newcastle supporting buddy of mine says he's heard Amanda Stavely is looking at putting together a consortium to buy you guys. Have you heard anything about that or is it just Newcastle fans adding 2+2 and jumping to 5?

@SilentWitness a Newcastle supporting buddy of mine says he's heard Amanda Stavely is looking at putting together a consortium to buy you guys. Have you heard anything about that or is it just Newcastle fans adding 2+2 and jumping to 5?
I read that it was Tottenham.

Always shit to see a good club get torn up in the owner lottery.

On the one hand, it's quite sad as they're a traditionally big club and they've been fecked by bad owners.

On the other hand, their fans have spent the last decade laughing at our (relative) demise, despite their own team slipping closer and closer to relegation with each passing season, and literally yesterday they were acting Billy Big-Bollocks about "not needing money" after we signed Yoro.

On the one hand, it's quite sad as they're a traditionally big club and they've been fecked by bad owners.

On the other hand, their fans have spent the last decade laughing at our (relative) demise, despite their own team slipping closer and closer to relegation with each passing season, and literally yesterday they were acting Billy Big-Bollocks about "not needing money" after we signed Yoro.

All clubs have some shit fans, this is especially true when it comes to online message boards and twitter.

Every fan in the country has spent the last decade enjoying our demise.

All clubs have some shit fans, this is especially true when it comes to online message boards and twitter.

Every fan in the country has spent the last decade enjoying our demise.

Fans of some clubs have stood out more than others in that regard. Everton's are one of them, and it all started with their little moment in the sun in 2013/14.

It's not even just fans of the club that have been acting the big 'un over Branthwaite. The club themselves and ex-players, etc. connected to them have been giving it "we don't need to sell, he's a £100 million player" and now they're in the shit and are now potentially facing selling him for the "derisory" offer we tabled.

Personally, I hope they navigate it and regain some stability with a semi-competent ownership, but there is something slightly amusing about the 24-hour turnaround in their mood.

Fans of some clubs have stood out more than others in that regard. Everton's are one of them, and it all started with their little moment in the sun in 2013/14.

It's not even just fans of the club that have been acting the big 'un over Branthwaite. The club themselves and ex-players, etc. connected to them have been giving it "we don't need to sell, he's a £100 million player" and now they're in the shit and are now potentially facing selling him for the "derisory" offer we tabled.

Personally, I hope they navigate it and regain some stability with a semi-competent ownership, but there is something slightly amusing about the 24-hour turnaround in their mood.

:+1:

Genuinely difficult to say but I imagine the structure of those loans are dodgy and quite a burden to us. It also means that ongoing costs of the club will be a concern too. Moshiri has been absolutely toxic.

By the sound of it, there is likely short term payments that have an impact on ownership. IIRC something similar was true for Gillett and Liverpool and also Milan?

Why do only the sh!tty clubs win the ownership lottery, and actual good clubs have to go through these problems?

I don't fully understand what the situation is with their ownership, but felt like United have always had a very good relationship with Everton with a lot of players being transferred between the clubs and with our mutual dislike of Liverpool.

I have also quite enjoyed all the banter over the Branthwaite deal as well.