Everton 24/25 | Friedkin group close to takeover deal...

Truly nutty framing from The Guardian;

This is meant to be easy bit for Everton​

In mid-August, the boffins at Opta did some sums and deduced that of all the 20 Premier League teams, Everton had the easiest 10 fixtures to start the season (Wolves had the hardest, if you were wondering). Yet after four matches, Everton sit bottom of the table having lost all four matches, to Brighton, Tottenham, Bournemouth and Villa. After making their worst start to a season since 1958-59, Saturday’s trip to Leicester already feels like a crucial match in the fight against relegation, which remains a disastrous financial prospect and the worst way to say goodbye to Goodison Park. Everton face all three promoted sides in their next six matches and must start to pick up points, before the tougher fixtures arrive. Michael Butler

They may have an easy run of game 5 to 10, but those four games are an incredibly tough start.

Still, the point remains, next 6 games are Leicester, Palace, Newcastle, Ipswich, Fulham, Southampton. Need at least four wins there.

In mid-August, the boffins at Opta did some sums and deduced that of all the 20 Premier League teams, Everton had the easiest 10 fixtures to start the season (Wolves had the hardest, if you were wondering). Yet after four matches, Everton sit bottom of the table having lost all four matches, to Brighton, Tottenham, Bournemouth and Villa. After making their worst start to a season since 1958-59, Saturday’s trip to Leicester already feels like a crucial match in the fight against relegation, which remains a disastrous financial prospect and the worst way to say goodbye to Goodison Park. Everton face all three promoted sides in their next six matches and must start to pick up points, before the tougher fixtures arrive. Michael Butler

They may have an easy run of game 5 to 10, but those four games are an incredibly tough start.

Still, the point remains, next 6 games are Leicester, Palace, Newcastle, Ipswich, Fulham, Southampton. Need at least four wins there.
Yeah, media wanting clicks and frothing mouths. We need a result this weekend though.

Christ, what a crock of absolute shite.

I know its probably a huge relief to Everton fans that a takeover has happened, but beyond that, is there an expectation that these will be good owners?

They seem to be doing an alright job with Roma?

I know its probably a huge relief to Everton fans that a takeover has happened, but beyond that, is there an expectation that these will be good owners?

They seem to be doing an alright job with Roma?
I think it's going to be interesting. From what I've read opinion at Roma doesn't appear to be the most favourable of them, but on the other hand we are so sick of Moshiri that getting him out is a huge positive.

It also makes me think though that Dyche needs to pick up points very quickly otherwise he's gone.

I think it's going to be interesting. From what I've read opinion at Roma doesn't appear to be the most favourable of them, but on the other hand we are so sick of Moshiri that getting him out is a huge positive.

It also makes me think though that Dyche needs to pick up points very quickly otherwise he's gone.
Who replaces him if so? I've always rated Dyche as a decent manager but sometimes a change is just inevitable when form slips long enough.

Who replaces him if so? I've always rated Dyche as a decent manager but sometimes a change is just inevitable when form slips long enough.
If it was under Moshiri I wouldn't have been surprised if Moyes came back.

With Friedkin? No idea.

Potter. Still think he has the potential to be a good manager. Southgate is just a chancer.
Think he'd be a good choice. Can be a bit of a slow starter though which might be a bit of a concern. New owner should open up all kinds of candidates for you though. Dont rate Southgate either.

Think he'd be a good choice. Can be a bit of a slow starter though which might be a bit of a concern. New owner should open up all kinds of candidates for you though. Dont rate Southgate either.
Agree. Pressure is on for Dyche now.

Agree. Pressure is on for Dyche now.
I'd just pull the plug to be honest. I think Potter would suit your squad a hell of a lot better and theres a chasm between their two set ups. I'd switch early and give a manager like that time to deal with teething issues early rather than looking for an Allardyce who'll have an immediate impact to rescue you later.
I guess money could still be a problem for a while and you might not be able to chop and change though?

I'd just pull the plug to be honest. I think Potter would suit your squad a hell of a lot better and theres a chasm between their two set ups. I'd switch early and give a manager like that time to deal with teething issues early rather than looking for an Allardyce who'll have an immediate impact to rescue you later.
I guess money could still be a problem for a while and you might not be able to chop and change though?
I reckon if he wins the next two he might buy himself time but if not then we might see an international break change because we have Ipswich after that.

I reckon if he wins the next two he might buy himself time but if not then we might see an international break change because we have Ipswich after that.
Yeah they're winnable games aren't they? It'll take at least a couple of weeks to get to a new manager so he has time.

What's the deal with these owners? Will they be investing heavily? Or simply profit makers? What nationality are they?

Friedkin is no Sorcerer. He will start out with Good Times, but this is no Deal Of The Century.

Everton FC (uK) will look to Exorcise many demons. They already seem Jaded. Been Cruising for too long and let opposition Rampage them. Dyche has The Brink's Job.

Having Mavericks like James Garner will help them with another Great Escape, though.

We shall see

They also own Roma.

At least they won't have to worry about both of them getting into Europe.

That’s why they have just sunk Roma and fled the eternal city then!

Friedkin is no Sorcerer. He will start out with Good Times, but this is no Deal Of The Century.

Everton FC (uK) will look to Exorcise many demons. They already seem Jaded. Been Cruising for too long and let opposition Rampage them. Dyche has The Brink's Job.

Having Mavericks like James Garner will help them with another Great Escape, though.

We shall see

What was the starting point for this list of, what I presume are, puns? I’ve missed the reference.

Another multi club ownership? What do Everton fans make of that?

Hate it, but that's football now sadly.
It might benefit you lot in the short term with no European involvement which probably means you can do some of the shady deals that City and Chelsea have been doing. Cheeky Tammy Abraham bid in Jan? :p

It might benefit you lot in the short term with no European involvement which probably means you can do some of the shady deals that City and Chelsea have been doing. Cheeky Tammy Abraham bid in Jan? :p
I hope we go full Dybala. :smirk:

Friedkin desire, Usmanov has found a buyer
Friedkin desire, The 777 loan is clarified
Friedkin desire, Big Sean Dyche is getting fired
Friedkin desire

Na-na-na-na-na, na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na