Music Eurovision 2023

Just found out she won before so I imagine she got a lot of votes based on her Eurovision sex parties over the years

It used to be that way, didn’t it?

No idea, to be honest. If it used to be that way, I wonder what the sense was in involving juries. Not really convinced of the value that the juries bring to this. Let the people decide.

Jury vote holds too much power.

However I like the way they do it, it's exciting the way the public vote is done at the end.

Best betting event of the year, worth some of the not so great songs. Already looking for next year!

Ted Lasso gal was very good during this week

Jury vote holds too much power.

However I like the way they do it, it's exciting the way the public vote is done at the end.

The whole voting results announcements have been revamped in a good way, it used to be an absolute drag where each country would read out all their scores. Took forever.

No idea, to be honest. If it used to be that way, I wonder what the sense was in involving juries. Not really convinced of the value that the juries bring to this. Let the people decide.

It was to neuter block voting, which made sense. Had some hilarious votes back in the day.

But yeah, just feels like a convenient mechanism to steer the voting in its current form.

This needs changing, feck this jury vote. Needs to be taken down a notch and only count for 25-30% this Swedish song is an absolute bore.. Im cha x3 all the way.

Should have been Finland, they won the Public vote

Thank God for the jury. That Finnish abomination is one of the shittest 'songs' I've ever heard in my life.

What a superb competition.
Deserved winner in Sweden, and UK NOT getting zero points, despite protestations otherwise.

An amazing night and shows the UK can do Eurovision proper.

What a superb competition.
Deserved winner in Sweden, and UK NOT getting zero points, despite protestations otherwise.

An amazing night and shows the UK can do Eurovision proper.
It's not particularly hard is it? You're essentially just a host no? The blue print of what to do is the same every year?

It used to be that way, didn’t it?
It was partly to stop the neighbour voting.
It was to neuter block voting, which made sense. Had some hilarious votes back in the day.

But yeah, just feels like a convenient mechanism to steer the voting in its current form.
Yeah exactly, voting for.many countries was first about who your friends and non-friends are (like, the Nordic all primarily voted for each other), and then whatever else seemed fun. Juries were supposed to introduce an element of objectivity, where actual quality is rewarded. But juries don't care for simple fun music or populist sentiments (like current support for Ukraine), which is really a core element of Eurovision. Plus there's still neighbour voting going on among the juries.

I would go back to the old system though, instead ...
Yeah, totally different. Feel like if they want a Jury it should be worth less votes.
....this makes a lot of sense to me. Make the top popular vote of a country be worth 20 points or something (and still 12 for the jury vote). And then they should also revamp the results system a bit so focus is equally on jury and popular votes - but without adding more time, cause yeah, the results part used to be sooooooo long and boring...

Just heard the UKs song. We definitely pulled a Father Ted and picked the worst song possible in order to make sure we weren't hosting again next year.

It's not particularly hard is it? You're essentially just a host no? The blue print of what to do is the same every year?

And if they didn't mention it was in Liverpool 30 times per minute there'd have been no way to tell.

Still haven't recovered from this. Finland the peoples champ but the experts went for cocaine Katy Perry instead. This is why we've all had enough of experts!

Weirdly felt that Sam Ryders half time song was the best of the evening. UK's one was definitely a we don't want to host next year.

Only good thing to come out of Liverpool were The Beatles.

OK it's a joke!

Why are people suggesting that the UK entered a shit song because they wouldn’t want to host :lol:

Why are people suggesting that the UK entered a shit song because they wouldn’t want to host :lol:
Just a return to form for the UK rather than any ulterior motive.

It's no coincidence the best we've done in recent times was with the most European looking man ever.

The winner really sounds like Kate Perry's song Firework !!

For some reason, year after year, the only reason for their poor performance some of the Brits can think of is, either: "we didn't want it anyway" or racism. And not the actual reason, shitty songs.