Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

Managed to pick a player that didn't even make the bench for Czech Republic. Should have got on this much sooner so I could have understood the rules better and played around with the squad more. Got lucky by captaining Immobile first game to keep myself in a respectable position.

Absolutely fuming Soucek hasn't been given that assist as lucky and unintended as it might have been. He was my 5th choice budget midfield option and had a feeling he'd get something against a woeful Scotland outfit.

It did happen to my player in fantasy premier league. Need to be an intended pass for assist I think.

Managed to pick a player that didn't even make the bench for Czech Republic. Should have got on this much sooner so I could have understood the rules better and played around with the squad more. Got lucky by captaining Immobile first game to keep myself in a respectable position.

Don't you worry. I spent a lot of time with getting a strong team. 4 points from 4 defenders all playing.

Also lots of popular picks have not started.

It did happen to my player in fantasy premier league. Need to be an intended pass for assist I think.
It’s a thin line and there’s been so many assists given after more random kicks, I give you that it doesn’t look very intended but in FPL there’s some chance it would’ve been given

It’s a thin line and there’s been so many assists given after more random kicks, I give you that it doesn’t look very intended but in FPL there’s some chance it would’ve been given

Yeah Bruno even got one assist after missing the ball haha.

Tim Krul didn't okay yesterday so the Finnish GK will get subbed in for me!

Thank feck

Not one person in my work league read the rules for this. The fella who set the league up is currently on 4 points. I'm on 54. It's a lot different than normal FPL.

Playing my Limitless card for the next set of games, which is also a lot different than normal FPL as you can spend whatever you want.

Getting Lewa was really stupid of me wasn't it? Didn't realise how bad Poland are!

Not stupid as a one week punt. Although he is too expensive for what he offer for Poland in general as a long term pick.

A bit like Bale. Both not bad punts, but yeah as proven going 4.5 defenders to free up funds for expensive attackers have failed big time.

Only Torres left in the 4.5 popular gang. So far no popular 4.5 pick have got any returns.

Not stupid as a one week punt. Although he is too expensive for what he offer for Poland in general as a long term pick.

A bit like Bale. Both not bad punts, but yeah as proven going 4.5 defenders to free up funds for expensive attackers have failed big time.

Only Torres left in the 4.5 popular gang. So far no popular 4.5 pick have got any returns.
Honestly I'm just hoping for the jinx haha. He is indeed only a punt for this week basically in place of Kane, so nothing to lose.

I'm on 0 from 3 4.5s so far with Torres to go. Also have Pepe just for the fun of it after we mentioned him. Red card incoming.

Honestly I'm just hoping for the jinx haha. He is indeed only a punt for this week basically in place of Kane, so nothing to lose.

I'm on 0 from 3 4.5s so far with Torres to go. Also have Pepe just for the fun of it after we mentioned him. Red card incoming.

Yeah I wished I went Pepe over Cancelo now. I changed to Cancelo last minute for not trusting Pepe. Even if Pepe gets a red and -2 I would have been better off with him since I took out Shaqiri with 6 for Jorginho with 3.

Ugh, this game. Made a huge mistake and forgot to captain Lukaku, so now I'm chasing down captains - Depay didn't work out, trying F. Torres today and then Ronaldo tomorrow if Torres doesn't haul. I had Donnaruma, so didn't get the 13 pointer for Hradecky, like most everyone else who didn't have Donnaruma and got lucky with Hradecky (+7 points) all the Lukaku owners who are stuck on him as captain (+10 points) now have a 17 point advantage on my team at this point. I almost feel there's no choice at this point, unless Torres explodes today, I have to captain Ronaldo and hope for an amazing haul differentiator against Lukaku owners.

Unless there's a miracle, I'm getting 12 total points from defenders - everyone who fell into the trap for cheap defenders (Denayer, Kjaer, Wijndal, Alioksi, Ristovski etc.) are feeling the same heat as me. My only saving grace, or damnation depending on how it turns out, was figuring that I shouldn't bet on Pau Torres would be if he doesn't play, that pretty much guarantees a zero unless you've got a nailed defender on the 15th.

Technical Question for those who might know or remember:
I think for matchday we get 2 free transfers.
Can you use the 2 free transfers and play limitless, or does playing limitless prevent you from using the transfers?
If you don't use the transfers, I think it does a carryover of 1 additional transfer to matchday 3, is that right?

Ugh, this game. Made a huge mistake and forgot to captain Lukaku, so now I'm chasing down captains - Depay didn't work out, trying F. Torres today and then Ronaldo tomorrow if Torres doesn't haul. I had Donnaruma, so didn't get the 13 pointer for Hradecky, like most everyone else who didn't have Donnaruma and got lucky with Hradecky (+7 points) all the Lukaku owners who are stuck on him as captain (+10 points) now have a 17 point advantage on my team at this point. I almost feel there's no choice at this point, unless Torres explodes today, I have to captain Ronaldo and hope for an amazing haul differentiator against Lukaku owners.

Unless there's a miracle, I'm getting 12 total points from defenders - everyone who fell into the trap for cheap defenders (Denayer, Kjaer, Wijndal, Alioksi, Ristovski etc.) are feeling the same heat as me. My only saving grace, or damnation depending on how it turns out, was figuring that I shouldn't bet on Pau Torres would be if he doesn't play, that pretty much guarantees a zero unless you've got a nailed defender on the 15th.

Can you use the 2 free transfers and play limitless, or does playing limitless prevent you from using the transfers?
If you don't use the transfers, I think it does a carryover of 1 additional transfer to matchday 3, is that right?

Just a lesson for people not familiar with manual subs. It is best to go with high ceiling punts first and go safe picks later. Since if the high ceiling punts fail you can sub them.
Also you risk not having to waste the high ceiling potential by sticking with 5-6 points from a safe pick.

You of course want the best players normally so that guide you, but sometimes having strategy can help you out. In Fantasy CL it is very important. Since safe recovery midfielders are great for day 2. Strikers and attacking mids day 1.
Defenders you mix up with on the days.

Thus never go cheap punt strikers on the last day. In this Euro we have 5 days so as long as you are not loading up on day 5 players you should be fine.

Of course one good captain per day too will work.

Of course yeah picking the best players first like last day here if you go Ronaldo and Mbappe it can still be brilliant given how good they are. For me though this strategy is mostly working well I have never benched a big haul, but that is since I am not getting many anyway haha.

Last edited:
Yeah I wished I went Pepe over Cancelo now. I changed to Cancelo last minute for not trusting Pepe. Even if Pepe gets a red and -2 I would have been better off with him since I took out Shaqiri with 6 for Jorginho with 3.
As if you left me on my own with Pepe! :nono:
Sucks with Cancelo, the one premium you go for. That's just terrible luck.

As if you left me on my own with Pepe! :nono:
Sucks with Cancelo, the one premium you go for. That's just terrible luck.

I hope he scores for you. He probably gets benched given that half the player I have considered for defenders are benched.

You can't use the free transfers and then play limitless, it'll cancel them. I believe I read you can carryover 1 transfer generally yes, but you won't even carry that 1 over after using limitless or wildcard.

Random Czech fullback who was picked on the basis of Scotland being Scotland finally scoring something for my defence. :drool:

Finally won questionable selection bingo as well (Simon vs De gea and Alba vs Gaya), just need them to do something in the actual football now!

I know you all hope for a Spain clean sheet, but we really need a result. Come on Sweden!

I take a 0-0 though haha.

You can't use the free transfers and then play limitless, it'll cancel them. I believe I read you can carryover 1 transfer generally yes, but you won't even carry that 1 over after using limitless or wildcard.

Cheers, just couldn't remember how it worked. I don't remember limitless in the past seasons, maybe it's new this season.

The rules about GK seem ambiguous about that. Looks like once a GK didn't play the one that did gets swapped in. Based on how the rules are written

We will see. You could be right. I have never tested autosubs with these rules, but always thought it only worked if you made no changes at all.

Cheers, just couldn't remember how it worked. I don't remember limitless in the past seasons, maybe it's new this season.
I think it's new, although the last Euros was so long ago I wouldn't even remember.

Late to the party but Torres plays, it's a miracle! Still hope Sweden win though, don't care that much about this fantasy.

We will see. You could be right. I have never tested autosubs with these rules, but always thought it only worked if you made no changes at all.
That is my understanding except for goal keepers based on the rules...but we willl see

I think it's new, although the last Euros was so long ago I wouldn't even remember.

Late to the party but Torres plays, it's a miracle! Still hope Sweden win though, don't care that much about this fantasy.
Good luck, mate, hope your team does well - not bad so far.

I was also wondering if anyone remembers or knows what happens with price rises? I've poked around a bit and it seems like some people think price rises happen once after MD3. Others seem adamant there are no price rises. I seem to vaguely remember price rises happening during the last Euro fantasy, but they were quite odd.
- I seem to remember that:
-- Prices rose even for players who didn't advance to the knockouts
- It was very heavily weighed on superstars and value picks. So for example, if you had a player who scored a ton of goals in MD1 and MD2, even if he was rotated and benched in MD3, you were punished for transferring them out in MD3 if you wanted them back for the knockouts.
- If you had, for example, some 4 M defenders who play, even if they were pretty poor, they price rose because so many people transferred them in because they actually played. So you were better off keeping them until after the price rises.

Anyone have any insight on price rises?

Last edited:
Good luck, mate, hope your team does well - not bad so far.

I was also wondering if anyone remembers or knows what happens with price rises? I've poked around a bit and it seems like some people think price rises happen once after MD3. Others seem adamant there are no price rises. I seem to vaguely remember price rises happening during the last Euro fantasy, but they were quite odd.
- I seem to remember that:
-- Prices rose even for players who didn't advance to the knockouts
- It was very heavily weighed on superstars and value picks. So for example, if you had a player who scored a ton of goals in MD1 and MD2, even if he was rotated and benched in MD3, you were punished for transferring them out in MD3 if you wanted them back for the knockouts.
- If you had, for example, some 4 M defenders who play, even if they were pretty poor, they price rose because so many people transferred them in because they actually played. So you were better off keeping them until after the price rises.

Anyone have any insight on price rises?
Oh I don't support them! Torres cleany looking safe though (I say as they have a great chance).

I saw on Reddit the other day price rises from MD3 onwards 'based on performance', by however much they decide. I wonder if that makes things difficult value wise towards the end for those of us using our chips in the group stages.

Ferran Torres off. So it's Viva Ronaldo captain tomorrow for me! Who's with me?

Unless Sweden pull off an insane smash 'n' grab Pau is getting my terrible back three out of jail single-handed. I've had a very decent GW1 all-told, but much of that is down to lucking out with the Slippery Finn. I still have Pogba who'll replace either Lewa or FdJ, both of whom could be up for the chop as I doubt Poland will get the former involved while the latter played beautifully but didn't look anywhere near the all-important g/a's.

Genuinely just checked the Torres in defence is the Torres I've got.

It is, phew.

Yes 0-0 for us(Sweden). Should have scored though, but Olsen also saved us.
Torres blank I happily take. He was pretty shit.

Random Czech fullback who was picked on the basis of Scotland being Scotland finally scoring something for my defence. :drool:

Finally won questionable selection bingo as well (Simon vs De gea and Alba vs Gaya), just need them to do something in the actual football now!

That'll do, pig.

Yes it is worth the gamble. Only problem is we do not know if Torres starts. We did see with Wijndal that starting the last friendly do not make you nailed.
Turned out perfectly.

Clean sheet for Torres and Spain don't win.

31 points from defence, so far. Downside is Ronnie better score as running out of captain options (mainly because .... "Someone".... doesn't like being the Peter Taylor to my Clough :rolleyes:)