ESPN top 25 players of the 21st century

Zidane was pure silk but he was not on tier imo. He wasn't consistent enough. Someone like Platini might not look as cool as Zidane did, but he scored far more goals than him in the toughest and most defensive league in the world and was a masterful dribbler and passer as well.
I disagree. When people start talking about Zidane's 'consistency', I sometimes wonder if they are aware of the magnitude of what he actually achieved. We're talking about a guy who was 3 times the World FIFA player of the year, along with being deemed player of the year in France, Italy and Spain, and somehow he's 'not consistent'.

Moreover, I'm not sure how a player that is the only man in history to be a World Cup winner and a Euros winner, and also named best player in both tournaments, doesn't belong in the first tier.

I think the issue with Zidane is that he isn't that impressive in terms of his basic stats (i.e. goals), so people say he wasn't consistent. But he wasn't a goalscorer.

He has to be in the first tier. He's just done too much to not be. I respect that you have your opinion but I strongly disagree with it.