Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think sacking him to replace him with Southgate would be my limit. Not sure I can recover from that.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Been here less than 5 months, already seen over an FA Cup win, already brought in a top CEO, have a highly rated technical director in and have a highly rated DoF on the way.

”Just another form of Glazers”.

Should probably give them a few more months before spitting your dummy?
“seen over an FA Cup win” :lol:

Shark

@NotShark
I refuse to believe Southgate is anywhere near contention, and it's just clueless English ''journalists'' trying to get clicks.

doubleohseven

It's obvious they're waiting for their guy, they want Southgate and hope success with England will sway fans. Depressing.
Sway media, you mean.

Brexit Jim?
He's called Brexit Jim because he is a huge proponent of Brexit, going so far as to tell massive
lies to encourage it.

The epithet sticks because it shows he is ideologically predisposed, as evinced by the links to Southgate.

Blood Mage

Literally all Southgate has to do is win a couple of games and the muppets in our fanbase will start putting his name on their shirts.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's obvious they're waiting for their guy, they want Southgate and hope success with England will sway fans. Depressing.
Can make 9 times your money if you believe it. No one remotely reliable is saying it.

essao

Apart from supposedly being 'dour and unimaginative', what else is so bad about Gareth? I know a couple of blokes who are that way yet they are quite successful in their own ways. I am genuinely surprised at how a lot of people are repulsed by him on caf yet he seems to have had a decent spell with the English national team.His club managerial career appears to be underwhelming but maybe he has grown professionally from that time.

Why do people find him so unpalatable? Even in his interviews he comes across as a mild-mannered, level-headed guy and doesn't spew a lot of rubbish. As a person living on the other side of the world can someone explain the extreme reactions that are elicited by the mere mention of his name as possible candidate for the MU job?

Last edited:

padzilla

Hipster
Southgate would be a ludicrous appointment which suggests we still haven't a clue.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Apart from being dour and unimaginative,what else is so bad about Gareth? I know a couple of blokes who are that way yet they are quite successful in their own ways. I am genuinely surprised at how a lot of people are repulsed by him on caf yet he seems to have had a decent spell with the English national team.His club managerial career appears to be underwhelming but maybe he has grown professionally from that time.Why do people find him so unpalatable?
Tell me you are on a wum without telling me you are on a wum

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
It's very unlikely. It's just easy journalism to write and difficult to disprove.
Why? They could write Johnny Bananas and it would get an equal number of clicks. Or do you have some research that proves Southgate's name gets the most clicks?

croadyman

Ridiculous how long this is dragging on. Same old shit.
Yep knew this would happen, if you haven't got the guts to sack him then just announce he is staying on because this is just tiresome. Really starting to wonder whether INEOS are the right people for this club after all. Just seems to be no rush whatsoever.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why? They could write Johnny Bananas and it would get an equal number of clicks. Or do you have some research that proves Southgate's name gets the most clicks?
Johnny bananas didn't work closely with Ashworth and fit this British narrative.

They can easily get clicks with a contraversial yet big name manager from the NT and peddle a narrative based on nothing outside of history of a working relationship with our DoF.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Yeah they are dithering without a doubt and probably all because of winning that FA Cup Final
I don't think if we lost the final the events succeeding would alter in any way - I think they said it all along they would rather take more time to make what they deem the right decision than rush into the wrong one as frustrating as it is for us.

Teja

My only hope is that the journos have no clue because INEOS are running a tight ship. Not even a single strong transfer rumor yet .. everything we have is bottom of barrel, tier 4 stuff like Yoro's agent seemingly putting pressure on RM with rumors in Marca, random links to Nice players (Thuram, Tobido) etc.

Inacio is the only creative, left of field one and a little bit believable but that has died down too.

After all the chat about game models, having guys like Wilcox appointed and SJR saying a 180 degree change of footballing philosophy every few years as bad, chats with Xavi, McKenna etc. I refuse to believe it'll be fecking Southgate in the end. That will be as bad as following up LvG with Jose Mourinho.

Walk to the right decision instead of running to the wrong one is fine. Let's give them another week or so. Re-watch all the tapes, watch the build up / pressing troubles, really understand how much is down to the coach and how much is due to the lack of personnel or injuries.

Last edited:

croadyman

I don't think if we lost the final the events succeeding would alter in any way - I think they said it all along they would rather take more time to make what they deem the right decision than rush into the wrong one as frustrating as it is for us.
Frustrating would be understatement, feels just like all of our transfer sagas of recent summers

buchansleftleg

I mean it would make sense why we’re delaying sacking ten hag
Waiting for Southgate to wrap up Euros….
By "Wrap up" you mean of course labour through the group games - have one good win against weak opposition - then crash out to the first well disciplined / good team we come up against. Can't believe we are going for this "Nearly Man" who is squandering talent that won tournaments at under 18 level.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Frustrating would be understatement, feels just like all of our transfer sagas of recent summers
It does, I share your concern and I think we were further ahead at this stage in previous years and they ended horrifically but the one thread of hope I have is that once they have made decisions on the manager, got the DOF in - Surely they can't be as slow as just the Glazers were.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Johnny bananas didn't work closely with Ashworth and fit this British narrative.

They can easily get clicks with a contraversial yet big name manager from the NT and peddle a narrative based on nothing outside of history of a working relationship with our DoF.
Is it a British narrative? Most of the players we have been linked with are British too.

They get clicks with any name. Why do they need to spout one particular name? Multiple sources have mentioned that Gareth is one of INEOS' top choices. Did they all together to form this narrative?

croadyman

By "Wrap up" you mean of course labour through the group games - have one good win against weak opposition - then crash out to the first well disciplined / good team we come up against. Can't believe we are going for this "Nearly Man" who is squandering talent that won tournaments at under 18 level.
Well if we are they are definitely losing support quickly

SoCross

Can’t go about squad strengthening / weakening without not knowing who the manager next season is.

Ten Hag is staying surely.