Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

crossy1686

career ending
Well, just announce the sacking.
I edited my original comment.

I think they're waiting for the distraction of the Euros to announce it. No point in giving people a full week to sit around and convince themselves INEOS have made the wrong decision. Everyone will be busy next week with Euros stuff and won't have time to run a 3 day expose on why Ten Hag being sacked is the worst thing United could have done.

Also, our fair weather fans aren't going to take the news well at the moment unless they've got something else to be worked up about.

Wrecking ralf

How is Southgate rated only by 3 People in the whole world and these 3 People happen to be decision makers at Man Utd.
I’ve been thinking about this ever since his name was brought up. How is he even being mentioned? He’s not shown anything to prove he deserves the job. I even went as far as YouTubing his tactics and watching England’s best games under him to see if I could find out why he would even be a possibility. I’m still none the wiser. It had to be just media speculation simply because the euros are on. There’s always some tactic to undermine the England team before a tournament.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
At least Southgate will be the first post-Fergie manager that doesn't have a c u l t following.
They'll find a way. We could appoint Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher as co-managers and a good portion of the fanbase would immediately proclaim them the chosen ones.

bestis best

Supports
utd, linfield
Really taking a lot of stock on some rumours.
what the f~~k is it with some posters and their anti British thing, Have they never heard of Bobby Charlton, Dennis Law ,George Best etc etc. United was ,is and always will be a British club. You don’t like it maybe switch to some Spanish, French team .

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How is Southgate rated only by 3 People in the whole world and these 3 People happen to be decision makers at Man Utd.
Why do people believe everything they read from the terrible sources that others post on here.

9/1 available at the bookies for anyone that thinks it's true.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No announcement means he is keeping his job. No need for an announcement unless being sacked.
If he's kept the media will be briefed and it would be an indirect announcement. None of that has really happened so I think its still very much uncertain.

Mike Smalling

It's just getting tiresome. Obviously won't happen.
I hope it doesn't, but I'm curious what makes you so sure that it won't? The lack of communication on ETH does make me worry that the owners are planning a move, and that Southgate could be an option they are considering.

mu4c_20le

I hope it doesn't, but I'm curious what makes you so sure that it won't? The lack of communication on ETH does make me worry that the owners are planning a move, and that Southgate could be an option they are considering.
Selective hearing. Believing some things from journos but not others.

Wilt

With all Tuchel temperament and how he booted out of the clubs after falling out with board and now with Bayern stint you can’t say this hire will demonstrate vision from INEOS.
When you look at those Tuchel has fallen out with, can you blame him?

If anything it’s probably credit to Tuchel that he stood his ground.

littlepeasoup

Personally I think player recruitment might be a more important job for INEOS this summer. I'd rather we got that side of the recruitment right even if it means we kicked the can of whether EtH is the right manager or not for 6months to a year.

You do get the sense that this isn't the type of club that can do multiple things at once - unfortunately.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Only thing is - the 'best in class' appointments (CEO, Sporting Director, Technical Director) were made by INEOS. Whereas the manager appointment would likely not be directly made by INEOS.
Manager will be made by INEOS - they run the whole football department of the club, I doubt Glazers would have such a say that it sways INEOS’ decision

oreon

Yeah this is a joke. Keep or fire him. Stop detethering. It looks like what some are speculating which is they are waiting for Southgate. I hope INEOS are not that dumb. They hire Southgate they will be a revolt. They better know 90 % of the fanbase dont want him. I am for firing ETH, but I'd take him over Southgate any day of the week

doubleohseven

Put simply, if you are a 'senior figure' at United and you are sincere in wanting Southgate as manager (coach or whatever), then you should not be a senior figure at the club.

Indeed, you should not be at the club in any capacity.

essao

I know I am in the minority here, but after watching 'dull' Gareth's England and Ten Hag's 'one-of-the-most- entertaining-teams-in-the-epl'MU, I am in team 'dull' if the two managers were the only options.

always_hoping

So we have gone from job for boys to job for boys.

Its funny when everytime United hired a new member, it was job for the boys because they had worked with them... I.E Murthough, Richard Arnold.

INEOS are doing the same, we have hired Berrada, who in turn has brought in Cox, Communications director who both worked with him at City.

Ashworth wants to bring Sougthgate who he has worked with at England.

Welcome to United where jobs are for mates.
And then you have some supporters confused as to why Man United are no longer able to challenge for Premier league title? This latest carry on is just adding another chapter to what has been a decade of incompetence at this club.

hobbers

We want to sack Erik and hire Southgate but we can’t yet, so limbo continues.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The reality is that there are no available managers out there that should have INEOS trying to move quickly here. We are not on the clock.

Suv666

I mean it would make sense why we’re delaying sacking ten hag
Waiting for Southgate to wrap up Euros….

Borys

Statistics Wizard
No announcement means he is keeping his job. No need for an announcement unless being sacked.
Once there is a decision, there surely will be an announment. They would want to cut the gossip so that the team can focus on football.

Club has been very silent what for me means there is either no decision on next manager, or they just want to get the paperwork done first.