Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

crackers0seven

So the review and eth going or staying will be closed this week??? Or is eth going by end of week.. that tweet is all over the place. Makes no sense

hobbers

Despise Jamie Jackson, odious enough to be working for the sun. Or just fired into the sun.

Blood Mage

He's been undermined so badly by this whole saga. If the decision is he stays then it's probably just us saying we'll keep you as we didn't fancy any of the managers in the shop window. Not a vote of confidence is it.

CM

Jamie Jackson resembles a journalist a little bit less every day

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Could someone please DM me when this goes either way me so I only have to check the inbox for relevant news? Thanks

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Early last week you said one day that he'll be gone by the end of the day. Then that he's not going at all, but we also want Southgate. Now a week later you're saying nothing till next week.

Come clean or explain why you've been wrong and what you've been told to make you so sure it'll be next week.
That was a joke.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This squad shouldn't have finished 8th though. So if we hopefully get 4th next season in year 3, the goal for year 4 will be to repeat it? How long before we can challenge for the title then?
Like I said we need to become a regular champions league team before we can even dream of the title. Being in the CL regular will at least allow us to build a stronger squad and attract better players. And you never know we could win the league sooner rather than later in a one of season, when Guardiola leaves city it’s basically open season for everyone. It’s anyones to win. I mean even Leicester have won it in a one off season so anything’s possible. We all know that we’re not ready to challenge for the league for at least 2 more seasons.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Just curious, is he still a reporter at the point or just a parody?

Never breaks anything but almost always post a 'something then' about our sagas. :lol:
If i remember correctly, 9/10 he’ll post something like this & then it will happen shortly after. So make of this what you will

Teja

If i remember correctly, 9/10 he’ll post something like this & then it will happen shortly after. So make of this what you will
Yeah I think you're right. I remember at least once this cryptic message was posted and then something big happened but can't recall what. Was it the ownership saga?

wolvored

Look, it couldn't be any clearer unless you're being intentionally obtuse.

Blanc puts on a bald cap and pretends to be Ten Hag, and Brailsford puts on a wig and pretends to be Sir Jim. And then they shout at each other for hours in vigorous debate until one of them concedes due to boredom. And then the oil lathered shagging starts...
First one to roll a six wins

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Blanc was never in line to be the CEO of Manchester United.

That was the media putting one and one together to get 3.

He is CEO of INEOS sporting division and was announced on our board during the acquisition as a representative of INEOS. That's where the confusion came from for the journalists reporting it at the time and why it quietened down pretty quickly.

It was also reported not long before the Berrarda appointment that the Glazers had agreed that the Sporting side and commercial side went hand in hand and that INEOS would also be involved in that side (which I believe was a briefing warming up to said appointment).

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5224377/2024/01/24/man-utd-ineos-jim-ratcliffe/

What was never reported was that the Glazers told INEOS no regarding Blanc.
fair enough. I apologize on that comment.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Yeah I think you're right. I remember at least once this cryptic message was posted and then something big happened but can't recall what. Was it the ownership saga?
Not sure but Sancho/Bruno transfers are sticking out to me for some reason

erikcred

Like I said we need to become a regular champions league team before we can even dream of the title. Being in the CL regular will at least allow us to build a stronger squad and attract better players. And you never know we could win the league sooner rather than later in a one of season, when Guardiola leaves city it’s basically open season for everyone. It’s anyones to win.
"It's anyones to win" ignores the fact that Arsenal have a massive head start on us. And it's not like once Pep leaves, City will disappear. At best, they'll come down to a regular 86-90 point team rather than one that can reel off 95+ point seasons at will.

I mean even Leicester have won it in a one off season so anything’s possible. We all know that we’re not ready to challenge for the league for at least 2 more seasons.
We should really stop using extreme anomalies like Leicester as something to base future plans or hopes on. Real won three CL on the trot. Who knows, maybe we can also do that after a couple of seasons. It's been done before. Or Pep's 4 PL in a row. Or Fergie got 5 years to start winning titles, so every manager should get 5 years in case they turn into the next Fergie. Anything is possible.

AneRu

Well I doubt I would personally but that's hardly the point. When he was hired I doubt any United fan and certainly not the club would have been happy with the seasons goal of his 3rd year being to maybe challenge for 4th place.

Especially not after the backing he's had in the transfer market.
Besides we were 9 points off top four and beat the 4th placed team home and away - we were effectively challenging for top 4 until we fell away in March. So he is saying if we get the players in we will marginally improve - a poor return for the fees and wages we spend on players.

Chairman Steve

Unless they’re going to unleash something batshit crazy on us like Guardiola or Klopp are our new manager then this seems a little too dragged out. A decision surely has to come before the start of Euro 2024.

I don’t think the INEOS guys are so easily swayed by a good cup final among a whole host of bad performances this calendar year alone (meaning there’s potential indecisiveness) especially with all the ruthlessness they’ve been displaying at board level, and as of now, keep hiring these senior officials with very impressive CVs.

So I’m puzzled as to what is actually happening.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
What's the point of saying Ezza? It's not like it's any shorter than Erik, so it doesn't work as an abbreviation.

doubleohseven

I have it on good authority United will either sack ten Hag or keep him as manager, with a decision to be finalised and delivered this week or another week at some point in the future.

hobbers

Ezza it's bezza for uzza if you pizza offa

yours faithfully,
jezza, avva and razza