Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
In any case, it`s obvious to everybody, EtH time in United comes to the end . It`s totally uncontrollable situation by manager, he has no more influence to this squad... But guys, WHO, from all previous managers had it actually? Every time team starts with great hopes after signing new coach, and every every time it finished like this... More or less Jose holds it up, but "Pogba and Co." sacked him out of the club. I`m already see, like Tuchel, just for example, or any other, seating at his press conference near the end of this season with words and feelings totally the same, like EtH now. And Ole, and Jose, and LvG...

He will stay till the end of season, just make peace with it. 50/50 whether we actually let him go in the Summer or try to fix things with him still in charge by bringing him better players.

''It didn't work out in his 2nd and 3rd years at the club, what should we do?'' ''Let's give him a 4th year just to make sure Erik is the problem and not the £600-700m worth of international players we've signed.''

I've got a bad feeling that he stays till the end of the season, no matter what. I don't think INEOS have any ideas of where they could go with this if they sack him now. It's something a few of us said to those who were asking for him to be allowed the start of the season, if he fails immediately then there'll be less options on the table then there were in the summer. It's just infuriating as you could see such a big issue coming a mile off with this approach, so how could these great football guys we now apparently have not see it? The only options now are the same as the summer, minus those that got a job elsewhere. Incompetency at it's finest.
Current projection with him in charge is 12th and below. Do you honestly think any sane management structure will let United hover above the relegation zone for that long? There will be protests if this current way of playing continues for much longer.

Yes it is possible. But if he's shit at communicating it, how could anyone ever tell?
It's one thing to analyze and explain what's happening tactically (thinking of the allegedly very long analysis sessions he is doing).
It's another thing to break it down into small and simple orders which players can follow while out of breath and full of adrenaline during a match.

Well, he did said 'eras come to an end' in his first presser here. We just didn't know he was referring to ending our era of being a top club.

He has successfully lowered all standards that we are lingering mid table now and somehow, he is still unsackable.

Current projection with him in charge is 12th and below. Do you honestly think any sane management structure will let United hover above the relegation zone for that long? There will be protests if this current way of playing continues for much longer.
There will be no protests. We are better than that, we are not a sacking club and we stand by our manager.

I know here an overwhelming majority is in favor of sacking him but looking at our sub-reddits it's nowhere near as dominant. Many are blaming players for letting another manager down, many are blaming INEOS for not bringing him the players he needed and generally letting him down with signings/coaches, it's not all black and white. I'd not be surprised if matchgoing fans are 50/50 or even tilted pro-ETH.

It was basically 80/20 to him staying last year, remember. It's only 6 league games into new season and it's not even like we are much worse than we were last year - and that season 80% seemed completely happy with.

How many games did Ole get after the 5-0 at home to Liverpool?

The issue is that Ole finished second the season before. In hindsight, we should have departed at that point and moved on, given he lost to an inferior Villareal side in the EL Final and Xg had us in 4th or 5th, not second, which should have set alarm bells off.

However, given all that, it wasn't crazy to keep him on as 2nd place and a EL Final at the time, was met with positivity. But, once results went south (not for the first time in his tenure, mind) he was sacked relatively soon after - though obviously not soon enough.

ETH is like a cat with 9 lives: he would have been booted last season had it not been for the takeover. Then, INEOS clearly decided he wasn't for them and interviewed other candidates, but allegedly Tuchel turned us down. I mean, the reality is, that things have actually been on the slide since we won the LC against Newcastle. Tottenham wasn't some "turning point" - it's literally a continuation of the shite we've seen for a long time now. He should have been sacked a couple of times over by now, but yet he's still here. At least Ole and Jose got the boot relatively soon after things went to shit, but ETH seems immune to that.

For anyone who's ever watched Pitch Meetings - all I think about is ETH being asked why he hasn't been sacked yet and coming out with "actually it's super easy, barely an inconvenience". Although @Sarni has been a massive wum, I'm starting to see why he thinks ETH is immune to being sacked.

Also, probably didn't help him that he walked into the club acting like Billy big bollocks refusing to work with Ralf and not wanting to hear his assessment/advice but rather, wanting to make his own decisions in regards to the squad, which essentially wasted time and he came to the same conclusion as everyone else anyway eventually.
I don’t think ralf came to the conclusion that Antony should be a key buy

Masterclasses against Porto and Villa incoming to unnecessarily extend this shit even further.

fecking purgatory

The issue is that Ole finished second the season before. In hindsight, we should have departed at that point and moved on, given he lost to an inferior Villareal side in the EL Final and Xg had us in 4th or 5th, not second, which should have set alarm bells off.

However, given all that, it wasn't crazy to keep him on as 2nd place and a EL Final at the time, was met with positivity. But, once results went south (not for the first time in his tenure, mind) he was sacked relatively soon after - though obviously not soon enough.

ETH is like a cat with 9 lives: he would have been booted last season had it not been for the takeover. Then, INEOS clearly decided he wasn't for them and interviewed other candidates, but allegedly Tuchel turned us down. I mean, the reality is, that things have actually been on the slide since we won the LC against Newcastle. Tottenham wasn't some "turning point" - it's literally a continuation of the shite we've seen for a long time now. He should have been sacked a couple of times over by now, but yet he's still here. At least Ole and Jose got the boot relatively soon after things went to shit, but ETH seems immune to that.

For anyone who's ever watched Pitch Meetings - all I think about is ETH being asked why he hasn't been sacked yet and coming out with "actually it's super easy, barely an inconvenience". Although @Sarni has been a massive wum, I'm starting to see why he thinks ETH is immune to being sacked.

I'm a WUM but I've also been at least partially right about his status here. I don't know what it is, can only guess it's because despite having no charisma and no discernible character he's actually a pretty smooth talker who gives away an impression of someone who knows what he's doing. He will have laid out a plan, a long term plan, and have convinced INEOS that things will work out eventually. I definitely don't hold out any hope of him being dismissed this season but will of course be delighted if it happens.

Oh Really?

Yeah, he's won two trophies so some of the fanbase hold on to that as the reason to keep him.

Wow wow wow, wow.

There will be no protests. We are better than that, we are not a sacking club and we stand by our manager.

I know here an overwhelming majority is in favor of sacking him but looking at our sub-reddits it's nowhere near as dominant. Many are blaming players for letting another manager down, many are blaming INEOS for not bringing him the players he needed and generally letting him down with signings/coaches, it's not all black and white. I'd not be surprised if matchgoing fans are 50/50 or even tilted pro-ETH.

It was basically 80/20 to him staying last year, remember. It's only 6 league games into new season and it's not even like we are much worse than we were last year - and that season 80% seemed completely happy with.
I've actually noticed in red devils there's more want him out or at least not very happy at all. Which is a massive change.

Was funny post FA cup final, you couldn't say one bad word about ETH on reddit, but now just about every supporter is sinking in the boots.

12th or below where? All the projections I’ve seen say 8th - Not that it’s any better mind.

Yes, I honestly do. Our fans won't do a thing. I'm a ST holder and I don't remember a time there's ever even been a sniff a dissent towards the manager. Before, during or after a game. I've got a feeling INEOS just don't know what to do, paralysed by indecision and fear of getting it wrong when choosing a replacement. If they wanted any manager currently available then they'd have got them in the summer.

I don’t think ralf came to the conclusion that Antony should be a key buy

Huh? No where did I allude to that.

The point was moreso that Ralf knew what squad changes/types of players were required going forward for the club to be successful again. Had ETH actually worked with him, we wouldn't have signed failures like Antony.

The red devils sub reddit is beyond laughable. They're deluded fools with the way they wouldn’t hear any criticism last season. Now they've all turned in him.

Very true, mate. They were all convinced we should stay loyal as he was going to take us back to the top too. This season has been a nice little lesson for them.

Very true, mate. They were all convinced we should stay loyal as he was going to take us back to the top too. This season has been a nice little lesson for them.

Yep, I think for a lot of our supporters in general too. I never post there as it'slike a cult with the way they talk, I'll probably unsubscribe actually. I might go out in style though and make a thread pointing out how they're all idiots first.

The red devils sub reddit is beyond laughable. They're deluded fools with the way they wouldn’t hear any criticism last season. Now they've all turned in him.

If those shower with their toxic positivity have turned against him then it's the end game.

Yep, I think for a lot of our supporters in general too. I never post there as it'slike a cult with the way they talk, I'll probably unsubscribe actually. I might go out in style though and make a thread pointing out how they're all idiots first.

Haha, I'll get the popcorn ready. :lol:

It's becoming more and more clear that he suffers from some kind of delusion. To come out with that shit after being spanked at home by Spurs with almost a full squad available is plain awful.
These "I have won x amount of thropies" comments he keeps churning out, are very reminiscent of Mourinhos "heritage, 3 PL, respect etc." comments.

They don't help him much, specially the situation he and MU are in now.
Someone here posted something yesterday that stuck with me. Was something about, ETH seem to be a little more humble and open to change both tactics and behaviour before the final last season. But when we won, it was back to what we are seeing now..

These "I have won x amount of thropies" comments he keeps churning out, are very reminiscent of Mourinhos "heritage, 3 PL, respect etc." comments.
Winning Trophies is something to shout and brag about. It's the aim of the game. A lot of so called top managers don't get near a trophy.

I'm a WUM but I've also been at least partially right about his status here. I don't know what it is, can only guess it's because despite having no charisma and no discernible character he's actually a pretty smooth talker who gives away an impression of someone who knows what he's doing. He will have laid out a plan, a long term plan, and have convinced INEOS that things will work out eventually. I definitely don't hold out any hope of him being dismissed this season but will of course be delighted if it happens.

I put it down to him staying on due to the takeover and fully expected him to be sacked after the FA Cup Final. The fact he's still here is madness.

The problem now is that - we all know ETH isn't up to the task - but it's starting to reflect terribly on our supposed saviours, INEOS. So much of what they've done to date has been really fecking odd - @pocco made an excellent post about them in the Senior Management thread. What's particularly striking - and worrying - is that they publically interviewed candidates while he was still in situ, apparently even offering Tuchel the post, before scurrying back to ETH with their tail between their legs and giving him another couple of hundred million to spend (bringing in another 2 of his former Ajax players).

So, for me, I don't even think he has smooth talked them - I don't even think he's capable of that due to his lack of personality. It looks as though INEOS actually have no faith in the bloke, yet they kept him on, backed him further and seem reluctant to sack him, despite us all knowing where this is heading. It's all absolutely bizarre.

He will stay till the end of season, just make peace with it. 50/50 whether we actually let him go in the Summer or try to fix things with him still in charge by bringing him better players.
If that does happen INEOS are far worse than the Glazers ever were at running the football side of the club.

Winning Trophies is something to shout and brag about. It's the aim of the game. A lot of so called top managers don't get near a trophy.
Yes, there is a lot to criticise EtH for, but not his actual trophies and being proud of them. But the question of course has to be, will he deliver the next trophies? And that doesn't look likely.

Carabao Cup especially is the pinnacle of football. I think he's achieved everything at United and should retire now. We'll talk about a statue and a stand name later.

Carabao Cup especially is the pinnacle of football. I think he's achieved everything at United and should retire now. We'll talk about a statue and a stand name later.
In all seriousness winning a trophy is good and it’s definitely a black mark against Solskjær that he didn’t win a trophy. We’re Manchester United, we need to win trophies. Of course, we also need to be finishing no lower than fourth and consistently performing well.

It's the way he says it and the timing of the comments.
I don't blame him. What would you say if you were backed into a corner? It's all he has left.

Yes, there is a lot to criticise EtH for, but not his actual trophies and being proud of them. But the question of course has to be, will he deliver the next trophies? And that doesn't look likely.
Well I think we have enough evidence to see that ETH has a chance to maybe get another of the smaller cups but that's not enough for a club the size of MUFC. With our ambitions, we need to be competing in every competition with the league being the priority. There's enough evidence now to see that he isn't going to deliver that, his time is done.

I don't like some on here coming with the "time to eat humble pie" attitude like they've won some sort of competition... some fans were behind Ten Hag, that's OK, that's what you're supposed to do as a supporter. There comes a time when it's over and we've reached that now, but do not act all high and mighty because you decided he should be sacked earlier than others. This is something really silly to be bragging about. You shouldn't be happy about this as we're back where we've been multiple times as a fanbase over the last decade plus... another failed appointment.

I put it down to him staying on due to the takeover and fully expected him to be sacked after the FA Cup Final. The fact he's still here is madness.

The problem now is that - we all know ETH isn't up to the task - but it's starting to reflect terribly on our supposed saviours, INEOS. So much of what they've done to date has been really fecking odd - @pocco made an excellent post about them in the Senior Management thread. What's particularly striking - and worrying - is that they publically interviewed candidates while he was still in situ, apparently even offering Tuchel the post, before scurrying back to ETH with their tail between their legs and giving him another couple of hundred million to spend (bringing in another 2 of his former Ajax players).

So, for me, I don't even think he has smooth talked them - I don't even think he's capable of that due to his lack of personality. It looks as though INEOS actually have no faith in the bloke, yet they kept him on, backed him further and seem reluctant to sack him, despite us all knowing where this is heading. It's all absolutely bizarre.

We're definitely in the twilight zone now, surreal what's going on here. Typically, such a shit show and it's us again. It's funny in a way, we airways think we might have found a solution to our issues, such as hiring Rangnick as consultant, some thought Murtough and Fletcher were going to sort it, then hiring ETH, then INEOS. It's all turned to absolute shit, and there's worrying signs already for INEOS, though the jury is still out there.

But, in typical fashion you can easily see that being yet another false dawn. That is the worst of the lot if that happens though, they're not going anywhere anytime soon. We've got to hope they get it right eventually, but it's all comically bad when you think about it.

This is true to be fair, but also feels like we are fast approaching a breakdown in relationship between manager and players again.