Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another must-win game, and we are only in September. For the first time since he became our manager, the quality of our options on the bench is quite similar to the quality of our starting 11. This should give him more flexibility and motivate our players to excel in order to keep their starting positions.

It will also be interesting to see if, with Ugarte, ETH’s way of playing works. If not, let’s see how quickly he adapts or if he is willing to stick with it even if it means his sacking.

Give me sport article was saying it yesterday. And when it gets published from different articles then the manager usually gets asked about it in his press conference. So everyone hears about it
Give me sport :lol: The problem is there’s too many outlets and too many people desperate to give it the attention it doesn’t deserve.

Another must-win game, and we are only in September. For the first time since he became our manager, the quality of our options on the bench is quite similar to the quality of our starting 11. This should give him more flexibility and motivate our players to excel in order to keep their starting positions.

It will also be interesting to see if, with Ugarte, ETH’s way of playing works. If not, let’s see how quickly he adapts or if he is willing to stick with it even if it means his sacking.
It’s not a must win game. Palace away is always tough (for any team) and he has given himself some serious breathing room with the last two wins. The next three games are more challenging but he can go into them fully confident of his job being safe at least.

Shown nothing and a bloody disaster? Really??? Such hyperbolic nonsense. He has shown there's plenty there to work with.

When he’s fit. We don’t want or need a work in progress, at this stage we need what City and Liverpool have got if we stand any chance of closing the gap ie a recognised quality goal scorer of which Houjland is not.

When he’s fit. We don’t want or need a work in progress, at this stage we need what City and Liverpool have got if we stand any chance of closing the gap ie a recognised quality goal scorer of which Houjland is not.
I'm calling you out on your hyperbole saying that he's shown nothing and is a disaster. He's shown plenty of promise in his first season in a new country, at a new club as a 20 year old kid.

It’s not a must win game. Palace away is always tough (for any team) and he has given himself some serious breathing room with the last two wins. The next three games are more challenging but he can go into them fully confident of his job being safe at least.

His job is nowhere close to being safe imo. If we were to lose, it would 3 defeats in 5. He'll be under pressure, if that's the case.

While it is a relatively tricky game, we have to keep up the momentum, play well and get a win. Another poor performance, will have him under pressure.

His job is nowhere close to being safe imo. If we were to lose, it would 3 defeats in 5. He'll be under pressure, if that's the case.

While it is a relatively tricky game, we have to keep up the momentum, play well and get a win. Another poor performance, will have him under pressure.
We won’t lose all three though, we will win some points. I’m just saying if we were for example to get 2 points from the next 3 games, he won’t suddenly be in danger of losing his job because of how well he did in the previous two which released a bit of pressure.

I think we will actually do well today though. Palace haven’t been good this year.

I understand (well, sort of...) why he stayed. He even admitted that he knows INEOS tried to replace him but negotiations with other managers didn't work out. But still, we lost months again as the manager is still this totally clueless, but at least arrogant guy.

We won’t lose all three though, we will win some points. I’m just saying if we were for example to get 2 points from the next 3 games, he won’t suddenly be in danger of losing his job because of how well he did in the previous two which released a bit of pressure.

I think we will actually do well today though. Palace haven’t been good this year.

I'm taking into account our league games to date. Lose today and it's 3 defeats in 5, which means we'll sit on 6 points. No way he's safe if that's the case. I don't think he'll be sacked but the pressure will ramp up.

Last edited:
I'm taking into account our league games to date. Lose today and 3 defeats in 5 and we'll sit on 6 points. No way he's safe if that's the case. I don't think he'll be sacked but the pressure will ramp up.
He is safe for another month or two no matter what. But it will be difficult to recover from a loss today.

I'm taking into account our league games to date. Lose today and it's 3 defeats in 5, which means we'll sit on 6 points. No way he's safe if that's the case. I don't think he'll be sacked but the pressure will ramp up.
Sarni is on a massive windup.

Would a convincing win here change peoples opinions? Anything but a win here will just mount on the pressure for him.

With Spurs and Villa games coming soon United can't afford to drop any points today.

But if EtH can get 7 points from the next 3 league games, then I'd say some stability had been restored.

Would a convincing win here change peoples opinions? Anything but a win here will just mount on the pressure for him.
Yes some convincing away wins (against non relegation candidates) would help change my opinion. I've been waiting 2 years so I'm not holding my breath.

With Spurs and Villa games coming soon United can't afford to drop any points today.

But if EtH can get 7 points from the next 3 league games, then I'd say some stability had been restored.
If we can win today I think we’ll be looking good going into the next few games. I’m confident we’ll beat spurs at home. I’m more worried about Villa away.

Yes some convincing away wins (against non relegation candidates) would help change my opinion. I've been waiting 2 years so I'm not holding my breath.
Ye this is a tough away game where we haven’t won for 4 years. And win and more importantly convincing performance will go a long way in convincing me that we’ve turned a corner.

There are some here who say Licha is world class. Not me, but some.

There are some who would say Licha is world class and you could even make an argument for Bruno as well, but I'm pretty sure the consensus outside of club supporters that neither are world class.

But a squad with great but not world class players in it can still achieve great things, if well managed. This is what we'll find out this season.

That's why this in fact is a must-win game. If we're cut down by Palace we're in serious trouble facing these more challenging opponents.

Definitely not. It would take a lot more for me to change my opinion, but I'll be happy to see incremental progress.

Last edited:
I appreciate and share the sentiment but at the same time we all have to appreciate how entitled it sounds. We've been shit for decades because of the Glazers. That doesn't get fixed with a chequebook overnight. I think it's gonna be a long long time, to quote Elton John.
I appreciate and share the sentiment but at the same time we all have to appreciate how entitled it sounds. We've been shit for decades because of the Glazers. That doesn't get fixed with a chequebook overnight. I think it's gonna be a long long time, to quote Elton John.
But it does, if you know what you are doing. This year the target should be top four or top five with deep Europa and FA Cup runs (at least semis in both). Then next season, we should be looking to bring in a top attacking player, depending on how Hoijlund, Zirkee, Amad and Garnacho do, which will determine whether it's a top right winger or a top striker to push us up a level.

Granted, the first two windows of his stint were a waste partly due to the muppets we had upstairs and some of his own doing. I will never exonerate him for the Antony signing, the Casemiro one belongs to Woodie's cronies. But if we can build on this window, no matter how good Arsenal and City are we should be looking to challenge them. If he gets sacked anytime this season that's when we can say we are pressing restart.

But it does, if you know what you are doing.
Sorry I just can't agree. Even City with infinite money took a few years to get to where they are. PSG still can't manage it.

There are some who would say Licha is world class and you could even make an argument for Bruno as well, but I'm pretty sure the consensus outside of club supporters that neither are world class.

But a squad with great but not world class players in it can still achieve great things, if well managed. This is what we'll find out this season.
Bruno is a better argument than Licha.

Love that we are now playing with a more controlled style of play. Everything looks much better.

Bruno is a better argument than Licha.

I think so too but Bruno’s lack of consistency and erratic play throughout the game even on his best day makes it tough to consider him as a world class footballer.

Have you lot not used Google before? He spoke about Rashford in his pre-match press conference.

Hardly calling out his professionalism or attitude, or even upsetting him. EtH even talked of helping him. It was a whats changed statement.

Stop being a drama queen.

Given Rashford's various issues, it's not exactly a stretch to think he may not have liked it. Even Sky Sports mentioned it before the game.

Jamie Redknapp was gaslighting the weak minded. No one else was talking about it.

If Rashford can't take someone pointing out whats changed then perhaps he isn't a Utd player after all.

Jamie Redknapp was gaslighting the weak minded. No one else was talking about it.

If Rashford can't take someone pointing out whats changed then perhaps he isn't a Utd player after all.

Commentators mentioned the same, as have other media outlets. You can disagree but it's not exactly a stretch given it's Rashford we're talking about.

Commentators mentioned the same, as have other media outlets. You can disagree but it's not exactly a stretch given it's Rashford we're talking about.

I think you are falling for the journo trap of making a story out of nothing. Had he started nothing would be said.

But yeah, thats fair haha

I think you are falling for the journo trap of making a story out of nothing. Had he started nothing would be said.

But yeah, thats fair haha

Yeah, I think it was just a surprise he didn't start. He's probably the most unusual form player ever, he can have a full season looking like a slightly worse version of Mbappe, and then suddenly look like a struggling non-league player for 18 months!

Gameweek 5: Crystal Palace 0 Manchester United 0 New
If only he could play a League One team every week