Eric "Ezza" ten Hag signs new contract (until June 2026)

Well at least 2026 isn’t that bad. Could have been worse. Could have been a Moyes style contract

Good news. I was worried he'd be poached off us with the links to Bayern earlier in the season. Heh

No point risking him absolutely smashing it this season and then having him in a great position to demand what he wants or leave.
Extending it by one year is smart, if he’s sacked in December it’ll still be relatively cheap.

So, this is basically an activation of his one-year extension with a salary bump.

It's a bit different from when Woodward gave Ole a 3+1 year contract and extended all of his staff soon afterwards.

Not as bad as it could've been. He initially signed until 2025 with the option to extend until 2026, so it doesn't change much materially from the original contract. I think there's a good chance we encounter a situation where Ruud van Nistelrooy becomes interim manager if we start the season anything like we played last season.

I'm wondering this for real. Is it?

There's no mention of an 'option' so it would just be effectively activating his option right?

Good chance I am making an idiot of myself with my maths
No I take it the same, last year of the previous contract and option activated at same time. This is actually pretty sensible. Murtough would have gone completely overboard with length of contract.

This is fine, even as someone who wanted him gone. Nothing long term, so if we start next season horribly it should be easy enough to get rid.

So, this is basically an activation of his one-year extension with a salary bump.

It's a bit different from when Woodward gave Ole a 3+1 year contract and extended all of his staff soon afterwards.

Don’t think there’s even a salary bump I read he’s on the same terms

It’s a glorified 12 month trigger if his contract that we had the option of regardless

2 years make sense. Are we actually starting to make sense nowadays?

Finally some sensible decision. There are simply no other better options. Better eat a shit looking sandwich (that can still turn out to be good) than risking a food poisoning

Was hoping this will be till 2026 and I’m happy to see INEOS it the same way.

They clearly aren’t as confident in him as some seem to believe. He stayed on because of a lack of alternatives that would be a good long term fit so decided to give him two years for him not to look like a lame duck manager.

The way I see it is they are going all in on him for this upcoming season and if he fails, he’s out.

Time now for Ezza to get his head down and turn this around. Glad it’s only a 1 year extension.

As expected really. I honestly do not think he deserves it, but I can live with it now that The Structure (yes capital letters) is in place above him. He’ll be easy to move on if needed.