Eredivisie 2024/25

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Staff
Supports
no-one in particular
Pre-season friendlies have started, player presentations are happening, Ajax narrowly beat Vojvodina in the first match of the second qualifying round of the Europe League, and PSV trashed Eindhoven in the Lichtstadderby - so time for a new thread.

Someone else can do a clever introduction, but any predictions? With Feyenoord and Ajax going through big changes and PSV keeping a good part of their squad together, I think they're the top favorite for the title. Behind them it's a lot more exciting, as Ajax might catch up with Feyenoord, with AZ and Twente as dark horses for second and third place.

This should be stickied. By far the most relevant league to talk about on a United forum.

Bar big things happening, Psv are huge favorites te win it again and we will probably finish 2nd. Ajax still look shite, but they probably fight for 3rd with Twente and AZ since especially AZ lost a lot of good players.

Ajax and Feyenoord both having unknow foreign managers is kind of refreshing.

Vitesse is saved. Best news of the week!

Congrats to all Vitesse fans. Probably no one on this forum but still!

Johan Cruijff schaal tonight. The game that's just a friendly if your team loses, but a genuine and glorious prize if you win.

I think it'll be a meaningless friendly tonight...

Johan Cruijff schaal tonight. The game that's just a friendly if your team loses, but a genuine and glorious prize if you win.

Are you watching? How's the game? It's been eventful so far I see.
Vitesse is saved. Best news of the week!

Congrats to all Vitesse fans. Probably no one on this forum but still!
Yeah, I think not. We do have an NEC fan, but that's rather the antithesis of a Vitesse fan. :D

wat een wedstrijd!!! Awful defending all round though :lol:

We're about to find if this is a meaningless friendly or the first huge trophy of the season.

Amazing, we won, the season is a success.

Can't we call it the Willem van Hanageme schaal when we win it?

That was a great game. Ajax is miles away from competing with these two

Amazing, we won, the season is a success.

Can't we call it the Willem van Hanageme schaal when we win it?
What would PSV call it though? The Skiete Willy-schaal?

That was a great game. Ajax is miles away from competing with these two
Defensively it was terrible though. I do think Ajax isnt on this level, but who knows, the season hasnt even started.

I really hope.Milambo will play a large role this season. Such a pleasing player to watch.

Are you watching? How's the game? It's been eventful so far I see.

Yeah, I think not. We do have an NEC fan, but that's rather the antithesis of a Vitesse fan. :D
PSV was awful. But we missed almost our entire backline, so not worrying (yet).

PSV was awful. But we missed almost our entire backline, so not worrying (yet).
We were equally awful at the back though :lol: I really hope Priske can drill his silly 3-4-3 system into the team before the CL Starts, because we're fecked unless he does.

I do enjoy that he plays more youngsters than Slot, the scouse cnut.

We were equally awful at the back though :lol: I really hope Priske can drill his silly 3-4-3 system into the team before the CL Starts, because we're fecked unless he does.

I do enjoy that he plays more youngsters than Slot, the scouse cnut.
Zechiel seems a good player.

@Cheimoon how much do I spam in this thread before you make it a sticky? Even Scottish football is up there and surely no one gives a feck about that.

Apparently Leicester are looking at Bergwijn and might want to pay 20 million for him. Would be one of the dumbest signings in recent memory surely.

@Cheimoon how much do I spam in this thread before you make it a sticky? Even Scottish football is up there and surely no one gives a feck about that.

Apparently Leicester are looking at Bergwijn and might want to pay 20 million for him. Would be one of the dumbest signings in recent memory surely.
Alright, I've stickied it. Now make it worth it - this is now officially a competition with the Scots!

And what's with that Bergwijn thing! That's not real, right? I guess it's because he's known from Spurs...?

Alright, I've stickied it. Now make it worth it - this is now officially a competition with the Scots!
Awesome, this is probably Dutch football's greatest international achievement of the 21st century. Though I guess our 2002 UEFA cup is a close second. @Rapsel @Eendracht maakt macht @BrilliantOrange @AjaxCunian @BenitoSTARR you better post a lot of stuff here, because getting the sticky is one thing. Staying sticky is something else entirely.

The Bergwijn to Leicester rumour might be actually real as it's been floated around before. Ajax is in a poor spot though, everyone knows they need to sell to cut out some of the bigger salaries from their budget.

Awesome, this is probably Dutch football's greatest international achievement of the 21st century. Though I guess our 2002 UEFA cup is a close second. @Rapsel @Eendracht maakt macht @BrilliantOrange @AjaxCunian @BenitoSTARR you better post a lot of stuff here, because getting the sticky is one thing. Staying sticky is something else entirely.

The Bergwijn to Leicester rumour might be actually real as it's been floated around before. Ajax is in a poor spot though, everyone knows they need to sell to cut out some of the bigger salaries from their budget.

STICKY! Let's go. Might be fun to have a little prediction for the top 3 and relegation and name the ones to watch of your team.

Title:

Would say this year we are still the favorites along with Feyenoord.

Ajax is the big question mark. Don't think they can improve enough to compete but won't be as bad as last year. Should get 3th comfortably and maybe challenge one of Feyenoord or PSV if they fail to deliver.

1. PSV
2. Feyenoord
3. Ajax

Relegation I go for NAC Breda (unfortunately) and Almere City (hope so). Fortuna Sittard might be in for a tough season too.

Players to watch at PSV who might be less known:

Ismael Saibari - Versatile no 8 or 10 with a great drive forward, technically sound and a real powerhouse. Should improve his calmness in front of the goal.
Tygo Land - 18 year old midfielder in the mould of Frenkie de Jong. Could be his breaktrough year if he gets enough chances.
Ryan Flamingo - Midfielder/center half who came from FC Utrecht. Had a awful first match against Feyenoord, but by all reports is doing well in training.

STICKY! Let's go. Might be fun to have a little prediction for the top 3 and relegation and name the ones to watch of your team.

Title:

Would say this year we are still the favorites along with Feyenoord.

Ajax is the big question mark. Don't think they can improve enough to compete but won't be as bad as last year. Should get 3th comfortably and maybe challenge one of Feyenoord or PSV if they fail to deliver.

1. PSV
2. Feyenoord
3. Ajax

Relegation I go for NAC Breda (unfortunately) and Almere City (hope so). Fortuna Sittard might be in for a tough season too.

Players to watch at PSV who might be less known:

Ismael Saibari - Versatile no 8 or 10 with a great drive forward, technically sound and a real powerhouse. Should improve his calmness in front of the goal.
Tygo Land - 18 year old midfielder in the mould of Frenkie de Jong. Could be his breaktrough year if he gets enough chances.
Ryan Flamingo - Midfielder/center half who came from FC Utrecht. Had a awful first match against Feyenoord, but by all reports is doing well in training.
My prediction would be

1. PSV
2. Feyenoord
3. AZ/Twente, slight preference to AZ.

I think Ajax will struggle, since they seem unable to get rid of enough of the mediocre players Mislintat signed form them. Rugani might help them defensively, but I still don't really see a lot of quality in their squad.

As for Feyenoord, I'm hoping this year will be the breakthrough for Zechiël and Milambo. Priske, unlike Slot, seems interested in playing youngsters. We have a problem with our wingbacks though, especially now that we play 3-4-3. With Hartman out until the 2nd half of the season we have Lopez who is just cack and Nieuwkoop who, while not terrible in the league, really wont cut it in Europe. I also don't think we can beat PSV to the title. We have a new coach and new system, I cant imagine we can make that work quickly enough to challenge Bosz. Unless you lose Schouten and Veerman, but I doubt that will happen.

I would also go for PSV for #1: same coach, not too many changes in the team, and won it by some distance last year, so anything but another title should be a disappointment for them.

Beyond that, though, I'm a bit lost. Feyenoord have some stability, but all the same also a new coach who's making significant tactical changes, and they lost a couple of important players. They're also buying of course, but as always, they're unknowns who have everything to prove. Same with Ajax, who might are not that across their squad, but are of course coming out of an absolute mess and are a bit behind in that sense. Both new coaches are promising, but there is no guarantee either will succeed with their new club in a new league (for them). AZ is in a similar position, although their coach did have some time last season, but they lost a bunch of players as well. Twente is actually most stable in that sense. So maybe I'll go with this:

1. PSV
2. Feyenoord
3. Twente
4. Ajax
5. AZ

At the bottom, I actually think Willem II and Groningen might be OK, since they were pretty strong in the Eerste Divisie as well. NAC is lucky to even be in the Eredivisie though, and I'm thinking RKC's streak of lucky survivals is bound to finally come to an end. Almere might well suffer from second-season syndrome, especially with Pastoor having left, so I think those three will be in the bottom. Maybe like this:

16. RKC
17. NAC
18. Almere

Which will be very wrong, but that's the fun in predictions!

I'm sure there are many more that could post on this. I'm thinking of people like @Stadjer, @ArjenIsM3, @King Kendrick, @Terranova, @Amsterdam Devil, @Rams, @Samoerai Jack, @DutchSerb, @Renfurm, @Putting all banter aside, @VanUtd, @PepG, @AjaxNL, @Ajaxsuarez. And of course @PSV!

(Yes, I looked at who posted in last year's thread. :cool: )

As things stand I would say Feyenoord, but that could all change between now and the end of the transfer window.

Love it!

For me predictions:
  1. Feyenoord (last minute transfers could change this)
  2. PSV
  3. AZ
  4. Ajax
  5. Twente
I know people will be looking at a few of the AZ sales but honestly we have so many good young players coming through the academy with really high technical but also mental strength that I’m sure we’ll fill the squad out.

Pavlidis is a big loss so really hoping that the signing of Parrott is a success as his replacement. Obviously I’m sure a few of you saw his goal recently so clearly a good player but hopefully he’ll be a great one for us at this level.

Im most excited to see more of the following players:
  1. Jayden Addai - a good goalscoring wide forward for the youth side. Hoping this season will see him get some minutes and more exposure because he looks a real talent.
  2. Rome Jayden Owusu-Oduro - A very promising young GK probably one of the best of his age group in my view.
  3. Wouter Goes - You probably already know he’s good.
  4. Kees Smit - Another promising midfielder. I don’t think he’s close to the level of Teun Koopmeiners who you all know I’m a huge fan of but he’s still got a good mentality and looks good whenever I’ve seen him.
A great little group of U20 year olds with bags of potential.

I will refrain from making predictions since I have made an absolute fool out of myself last year :lol: but I will probably post more now that Groningen is back!

I will refrain from making predictions since I have made an absolute fool out of myself last year :lol: but I will probably post more now that Groningen is back!
That's the fun of it though! :p

I don't think AZ/Twente are better than Ajax when fit. Maybe I'm delusional.

I think PSV is the best by far, if Hancko and Geertruida leave, I think Ajax could challenge Feyenoord. If not Feyenoord will be clear of Ajax.

I think PSV is the best by far, if Hancko and Geertruida leave, I think Ajax could challenge Feyenoord. If not Feyenoord will be clear of Ajax.
To me, Ajax is the wildcard in it all. Last year was a total clusterfeck, so Farioli has a lot of work on his hands to make the team a functional whole again, and that might mean a slow start, or he might even not succeed at all. But they clearly underperformed relative to their squad last year, so if Farioli does get them going relatively soon, they can be in the mix for second. (Especially if Priske needs time himself.) But then it's also difficult to really gauge their squad strength, so if things do stay difficult, I can see them finish fifth as well.

To me, that's also where Twente have the advantage of a relatively stable squad and a strong coach that can continue his work.

That's the fun of it though! :p

Fair. I think PSV is the most obvious choice, given that both Feyenoord and Ajax might have some growing pains under new management. Ajax for sure...

I think NAC relegates directly at 18th place. They haven't impressed me last year despite earning themselves a very impressive promotion in the end. I think Groningen will end around the 11-15 range.

I kinda hope NAC stays and becomes a stable Eredivisie team again. They were an Eredivisie staple when I grew up. Same with Roda JC, Vitesse, ADO. I wouldn't mind seeing them come back in exchange for Almere, RKC, maybe Fortuna or PEC. Sorry to the Caf members that support those teams! :lol:

You never know of course, I think PSV will win it. But Feyenoord seemed closer tham I thought from that one of semi friendly. The fact we have a new coach and system could feck us though.

About Ajax, I think you need at least a better midfield and a good winger or 2 to compete. If Kaplan stays fit him and Rugani could mean a more solid defense.

Can't believe you have stickied this nonsense. We already have the Scottish league as our sympathy sticky.

You never know of course, I think PSV will win it. But Feyenoord seemed closer tham I thought from that one of semi friendly. The fact we have a new coach and system could feck us though.

About Ajax, I think you need at least a better midfield and a good winger or 2 to compete. If Kaplan stays fit him and Rugani could mean a more solid defense.
I think the current attack of Bergwijn, Brobbey, Traore will be quite good enough. Akpom, Forbs, Godts, Berghuis as B-options. Sell Akpom and get Weghorst.

Midfield is a bit trickier, but I think we'll see Berghuis move to midfield, which is his best position for Ajax anyway. If he can regain some form there, it would be a little bit more hopeful. Not sure what the level of Henderson/Mannsverk is, Fitz Jim-Taylor are mwah but can play well.

Fair. I think PSV is the most obvious choice, given that both Feyenoord and Ajax might have some growing pains under new management. Ajax for sure...

I think NAC relegates directly at 18th place. They haven't impressed me last year despite earning themselves a very impressive promotion in the end. I think Groningen will end around the 11-15 range.

I kinda hope NAC stays and becomes a stable Eredivisie team again. They were an Eredivisie staple when I grew up. Same with Roda JC, Vitesse, ADO. I wouldn't mind seeing them come back in exchange for Almere, RKC, maybe Fortuna or PEC. Sorry to the Caf members that support those teams! :lol:
I know what you mean, I myself want the Eredivisie to look like it's late 80s makeup again, when I was collecting those football cards! :lol:
Can't believe you have stickied this nonsense. We already have the Scottish league as our sympathy sticky.
No sympathy here, we're in it to replace you guys as the 'really, that league?!' sticky.

Ajax is having such a weird pre-season so far. We need to shift 10-15 players on, but so far there is hardly any interest in our players at all. That's what Mislintat left us. A bloated squad, full of players who are not only not good enough, but also do'nt fit the Ajax playstyle at all, on longterm contracts with high wages. Good luck selling those players.

In an ideal world, we sell all of the below:

Gorter
Rulli
Avila
Medic
Wijndal
Sosa
Tahirovic
Mannsverk
Forbs
Akpom
Bergwijn
Gaaei
Rasmussen

And buy:
a good talented winger, who can play on either wing
a good attacking midfielder
a right back

We could line up as follows:

Winger------Brobbey-----Traore

------AM-----------------Taylor/Berghuis
------------------Henderson------------

Hato-------Kaplan------Sutalo----Right back
-----------------------Ramaj---------------

I think we should minimally challenge for second place with that squad, and maybe even first if Feyenoord/PSV lose a few of their star players

However, we won't sell all those players, and the players who are lined up as replacements (Weghorst/Rosario/Rugani) are totally different than the players I would target, or even the positions that need filling in my opinion.

As it stands, I'm not too optimistic about having a decent season, but we'll see how the transfer window develops I guess

Ok, I feel the responsibility to make this sticky count!!

I have to be honest though.. Currently I havent really been invested in the pre season of the Eredivisie so far..

Ajax pre season has looked extremely underwhelming so far.. So much needed/needs to happen/change in the squad and so little has happened so far.. With Ramaj being pushed out, the two games against Vojvodina being underwhelming, the little squad changes so far.. I really don't feel we can expect much short term.. I just hope to see some positive developments in attractiveness in style of play and players stepping up (Hato, Ramaj, Rensch, Kaplan, Taylor, Berghuis, Hlynsson, Godts Brobbey).. Plus some toxic/expensive/low quality players leaving short term..

Feyenoord I had expected Priske to pick up where Slot left off, but it looks like he is trying to implement something completely new.. So very curious to see what happens..

I favor PSV the least of all club in Europe bar Getafe, but my admiration for the coach Peter Bosz outweighs my dislike for PSV massively.. With Lang, Land, Bakayoko, Tillman, Saibari, Veerman, Schouten, Dest, Boscagli, Babadi they have such a fun squad.. I want to see Peter Bosz style of coaching to be rewarded, so I hope they will do very well both nationally (assuming Ajax will not compete for 1st place...) and internationally..

For the rest I really dont know what to expect.. We'll see.. Happy to see Groningen and Willem 2 back.. Proper Eredivisie clubs..

Ok, I feel the responsibility to make this sticky count!!

I have to be honest though.. Currently I havent really been invested in the pre season of the Eredivisie so far..

Ajax pre season has looked extremely underwhelming so far.. So much needed/needs to happen/change in the squad and so little has happened so far.. With Ramaj being pushed out, the two games against Vojvodina being underwhelming, the little squad changes so far.. I really don't feel we can expect much short term.. I just hope to see some positive developments in attractiveness in style of play and players stepping up (Hato, Ramaj, Rensch, Kaplan, Taylor, Berghuis, Hlynsson, Godts Brobbey).. Plus some toxic/expensive/low quality players leaving short term..

Feyenoord I had expected Priske to pick up where Slot left off, but it looks like he is trying to implement something completely new.. So very curious to see what happens..

I favor PSV the least of all club in Europe bar Getafe, but my admiration for the coach Peter Bosz outweighs my dislike for PSV massively.. With Lang, Land, Bakayoko, Tillman, Saibari, Veerman, Schouten, Dest, Boscagli, Babadi they have such a fun squad.. I want to see Peter Bosz style of coaching to be rewarded, so I hope they will do very well both nationally (assuming Ajax will not compete for 1st place...) and internationally..

For the rest I really dont know what to expect.. We'll see.. Happy to see Groningen and Willem 2 back.. Proper Eredivisie clubs..
Yuk, Lang. I don't really have any feelings toward PSV, but Noa Lang is such a fecking twat. Probably also because he vocally dislikes Feyenoord so much, but just everything about him is so fecking, for lack of a better word, cringe.

I agree Groningen and Willem 2 are nice clubs to be promoted. Just swap Almere with Roda JC or ADO Den Haag and we're good.

We have yuge numbers. Far more replies than the low energy saggy Scots. It's great, we're great. Very good.

Ajax is having such a weird pre-season so far. We need to shift 10-15 players on, but so far there is hardly any interest in our players at all. That's what Mislintat left us. A bloated squad, full of players who are not only not good enough, but also do'nt fit the Ajax playstyle at all, on longterm contracts with high wages. Good luck selling those players.

In an ideal world, we sell all of the below:

Gorter
Rulli
Avila
Medic
Wijndal
Sosa
Tahirovic
Mannsverk
Forbs
Akpom
Bergwijn
Gaaei
Rasmussen

And buy:
a good talented winger, who can play on either wing
a good attacking midfielder
a right back

We could line up as follows:

Winger------Brobbey-----Traore

------AM-----------------Taylor/Berghuis
------------------Henderson------------

Hato-------Kaplan------Sutalo----Right back
-----------------------Ramaj---------------

I think we should minimally challenge for second place with that squad, and maybe even first if Feyenoord/PSV lose a few of their star players

However, we won't sell all those players, and the players who are lined up as replacements (Weghorst/Rosario/Rugani) are totally different than the players I would target, or even the positions that need filling in my opinion.

As it stands, I'm not too optimistic about having a decent season, but we'll see how the transfer window develops I guess

I can follow largely what you say with some nuances..

I'd sell all of the mentioned ones.. Would be ok with keeping Manssverk and Gaaei as squad options for now..

Gaaei looked more up for it near the end of the season and saw him do well in pre season.. Also he looks like someone with the right attitude who will always give everything on and off the pitch.. You need such players in the team as well.. I'd be ok with keeping him as backup for Rensch, who you dont mention at all in your post, but I still have faith he can be a good player for us if he can stay fit and won't be used on a different position every other match, but can focus on right back.. So I'd try to renew Rensch contract and keep Gaaei for now (though wouldn't refuse good offers obviously)..

I'd definitely get rid of Henderson if the opportunity is there.. I'm sure he has his value, but all I hear is how we should make room in the salary house and given he is by far our most expensive player in terms of wages.. He is not worth that and needs to go.. In that scenario I'd keep Manssverk I think..

I'd be very much open to sell Sutalo as well if a good offer comes in as he hasnt really lived up to expectations and can bring in significant money, but I also understand he wants to fight for his place and I can really appreciate that as well so I'd be happy to keep him in that case..

Bergwijn really really needs to go.. I want him gone more than anyone else..
Weghorst really really needs to stay far away!!!
Ramaj really needs to start in stead of Pasveer

I'd play Taylor and Berghuis together in midfield. Berghuis being the playmaker and Taylor the dynamic one who plays more vertically.. Hlynsson could compete with Taylor and I really hope we could persuade Eriksen to come back, as one who can also play als the playmaker, as I suspect Berghuis will also still be used often as right winger..

Godts------Brobbey-----Traore
------Taylor--------------Berghuis
--------------------#6-------------------
Hato-Kaplan--Sutalo-Rensch
------------------Ramaj---------------

#7/#11----Rijkhof-----#7/#11
------Hlysson-----------#10-------
-----------Vos/Mannsverk-------
Baas----#4-----Mokio----Gaeei
-----------------Pasveer--------------

I'd be happy with this scenario for this season..

For the starting places I feel we only really still need a good #6, as I want Henderson out.. If Henderson stay we dont need one.. Perhaps also a new #3 if Sutalo leaves, but if he stays we dont need one.. Berghuis is also a cover for #7 and Traore is an alternative option for #9.

I'd indeed bring in a versatile talentfull winger who can start as a backup option but has the potential to compete for starting XI short term... I'd bring in a playmaker in midfield to cover for Berghuis when he is out or playing on the right, but can also play with Berghuis in case Hlynsson Taylor arent living up.. Eriksen would be ideal! I'd bring in a backup #4 who can also compete as I think Kapaln will miss out a lot after being so often injured for so long.. We need to be careful.. (Im biased as I think he was my first real love, but can we blease bring back Jan Vertonghen for this. Dont care about his age.. He is good enough for this Ajax, he is the perfect example for young players and he breaths Ajax. Especially with Dies Jansen also entering the scene who they have quite some hopes for.. I'd also keep Fitz Jim for a bit of depth in midfield..

Last edited: