Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

That’s not how it’s working. It’s that people you’ve blocked can still see what you tweet.

Which is kind of ok in terms of you being able to tweet shit that gets people angry but have blocked them because they’re gonads.

Less ok if you’ve blocked someone because they follow you around on Twitter objecting to everything you say, and can retweet you or mention you with you having zero visibility on them doing so.

Block used to be ‘I don’t want this person having any access to me’. It’s now ‘I don’t want to see content from that person’. Which is less than half a job.

So long as I don't see their posts, that's good enough for me. I don't really ever Tweet, I just use Twitter for news and jokes.

Most of my "blocked" list are actually so-called Chelsea fan accounts.

I wish that the block function on here made it so that the dinlos on my list could not see my posts. It annoys me that they still get the benefit of my wisdom and great humour.

So long as I don't see their posts, that's good enough for me. I don't really ever Tweet, I just use Twitter for news and jokes.

I wish that the block function on here made it so that the dinlos on my list could not see my posts. It annoys me that they still get the benefit of my wisdom and great humour.

dinlos?

Yeah, all fair comment. But they’ve just removed a safety feature. People routinely get bullied, harassed and stalked on Twitter. Just because it kinda works for you, doesn’t mean it’s not yet another dumb fecking thing ol Muskolini has done.

It’s irrelevant for you and I, but only improves the site for those that have been blocked. Which is an odd cohort to reward I reckon.

I think Elon Musk has been a fantastic thing for freedom of speech. I will hold my hand up and say, I’m a huge fan of Elon Musk.

I look at Twitter before he took over and after: there is a lot more free speech. Yes, there are many, many more things that I see on X, as he calls it, that I don’t like.

But I also know that views are not suppressed the way that they were, that there was a cultural establishment – that was very left – that controlled quite a lot of discourse on that platform.
Absolute fecking bullshit. Musk HATES free speech. He literally bans the words “cis” and “cisgender” and has banned numerous left-wing accounts while allowing literal Nazis to run riot. He’s turned the site into Der Stürmer. Twitter was very much biased in favour of the right-wing before Musk - I was banned twice in 2019 for making fun of Nazis and then for calling out TERFs - he’s just made it into a carbon copy of Gab.

Absolute fecking bullshit. Musk HATES free speech. He literally bans the words “cis” and “cisgender” and has banned numerous left-wing accounts while allowing literal Nazis to run riot. He’s turned the site into Der Stürmer. Twitter was very much biased in favour of the right-wing before Musk - I was banned twice in 2019 for making fun of Nazis and then for calling out TERFs - he’s just made it into a carbon copy of Gab.
We're at a point where that seems like an apt nickname for it.

Threads look like absolute garbage.

BlueSky decent, but a bit sparse.

Threads is awful. Maybe it’s because the people I have on there don’t actually post anything (Neither do I) but all I ever see there is rage baiting posts. It’s almost comical to log on for a few minutes every now and then to see what stupid stuff people are baiting about now.

Ultimately twitter is going nowhere until the people and accounts who made the twitter ecosystem something people wanted to be part of go elsewhere. In my case that would be friends and colleagues, but on a larger scale, medical professionals that post interesting cases and learning points, gaming and anime accounts etc etc

Threads is awful. Maybe it’s because the people I have on there don’t actually post anything (Neither do I) but all I ever see there is rage baiting posts. It’s almost comical to log on for a few minutes every now and then to see what stupid stuff people are baiting about now.

Ultimately twitter is going nowhere until the people and accounts who made the twitter ecosystem something people wanted to be part of go elsewhere. In my case that would be friends and colleagues, but on a larger scale, medical professionals that post interesting cases and learning points, gaming and anime accounts etc etc

Medical professionals and anime accounts are the largest volume early adopters o. Bluesky. I don’t know about gaming.

Don't think this one's one of the AI pictures he likes posting of himself. Not sure though.