Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Imagine how much good this man's money could be put towards, instead it's tied up with a boomer manchild desperately clinging to the approval of some weirdos on the internet.

FFS. Twitter Web just logged me out when I went to view the replies to that tweet above. I'm still logged in on the app.

The damn site's been going haywire for a week now. Since his tweet about turning off servers.

FFS. Twitter Web just logged me out when I went to view the replies to that tweet above. I'm still logged in on the app.

The damn site's been going haywire for a week now. Since his tweet about turning off servers.
Yeah, it’s shitting the bed right now.

Twitter (at least in a browser) finally broke. :lol::lol::lol:

Pro-tip: Use Tweetdeck. Nobody at Twitter remembers it exists so you don't have to deal with all the garbage changes. There are no view counts, no paid for blue checks, etc.

I remember when Elon was the chosen one. feck me what an absolute w*nker he's turned himself into.

I remember when Elon was the chosen one. feck me what an absolute w*nker he's turned himself into.
When? He exposed himself as the utter thundercnut he is since the Thai cave episode, and that was long before Tesla stock skyrocketed and his following was still niche, rather than the incel rightwing cult it is today.

He used to be such a charming, unassuming guy as well. I still remember when the press randomly caught up with him just as he was having his Maclaren F1 delivered.

Well ... it is getting worse... I am copying it here because they may delete it...

Musk: "And you have tiny testicles!"

Probably thought that cis means the opposite as some friends of mine tbought back in the day

When? He exposed himself as the utter thundercnut he is since the Thai cave episode, and that was long before Tesla stock skyrocketed and his following was still niche, rather than the incel rightwing cult it is today.

Maybe I'm messing up the timelines then

The chosen one? To who? The guy is a fecking idiot .
To be fair, in the very early days when he started making his name he did seem to be a breath of fresh air. What with SpaceX and Tesla, he seemed to actually be pushing towards things that should have been done decades ago but had been let slide by the people in power.

His mistreatment of his workers was the first sign things weren't as rosy as we hoped, and obviously he's just gone further and further off the rails as time has gone on.

In theory he's right in this particular tweet, but you just know that his idea of 'reasoned' questioning is conspiracy theory and idiots talking about things they have no idea about.

Reasoned questioning of science happens during peer review; it’s built into the process of accepting new science.

Is Musk not...biting the hand that feeds him, so to speak?

I would imagine that most people who buy Teslas aren't the people who he is trying to appeal to with his twitter persona.

I would imagine that most people who buy Teslas aren't the people who he is trying to appeal to with his twitter persona.

That is precisely the point and one of the reasons Tesla’s stock is down so sharply in recent months. He’s facing a perceptual issue of being unstable and cozying up to right wing narratives, after having accrued large portions of his wealth off of environmental libs.

Reasoned questioning of science happens during peer review; it’s built into the process of accepting new science.

That's true and I've no idea what Musk is trying to say anyway. Non-scientists should be looking at scientific research and deciding if it's correct without knowing the subject? Doesn't make any sense when its already been peer reviewed.

Having said that, there is a problem with putting research papers behind paywalls as it hides the science and people get sceptical if it's not freely available.

Yes. The same can be applied to his anti mainstream media tweets. If they leave twitter, the page is dead.

Definitely. And quite related to why Tesla stock is in free fall (although the other reason is that it was extremely overvalued and arguably still is).

Elon is the guy who named his cars S, 3, X, Y...

Knew he was a manchild.. but had no idea he was this far gone.

I can't imagine there is no correlation between his twitter shenanigans and Tesla value

Sample size of one, but prior to all this I thought Tesla could be a cool option for my next car in a few years. Today, seeing how he has run twitter by instant fiat-and-retract has frankly made me apprehensive of even accepting a ride in a Tesla.
if he runs his car company in even remotely the same way, there is every reason to believe they are death machines waiting to happen.

I wouldn't buy a Tesla anyway, because of stuff like build quality and i-Pad design, but if I did want one then I still wouldn't buy one on principle because of Musk. I'm sure there is an increasing number of people who are in that position.

I can't imagine there is no correlation between his twitter shenanigans and Tesla value

Sample size of one, but prior to all this I thought Tesla could be a cool option for my next car in a few years. Today, seeing how he has run twitter by instant fiat-and-retract has frankly made me apprehensive of even accepting a ride in a Tesla.
if he runs his car company in even remotely the same way, there is every reason to believe they are death machines waiting to happen.
They’ve never appealed to me but then I’ve only been paying any attention to EVs in the 6 months and there’s loads of great options now and they all feel much less gimmicky and from far more reputable companies.

The main worry I think for Tesla second hand prospective buyers is

A. Will the car I buy fall apart?
B. If it does will there even be a company left for a repairs and spare parts market?

I think that B. Is particularly pertinent considering they almost went bust before and how tightly they control the repair of their cars.

Then you have the second problem - if there is a poor second hand car market, who is stupid enough to buy a new Tesla?

I wouldn't buy a Tesla anyway, because of stuff like build quality and i-Pad design, but if I did want one then I still wouldn't buy one on principle because of Musk. I'm sure there is an increasing number of people who are in that position.

Yep, even if they were a flawless product, I wouldn't give that clown a penny.

They’ve never appealed to me but then I’ve only been paying any attention to EVs in the 6 months and there’s loads of great options now and they all feel much less gimmicky and from far more reputable companies.

The main worry I think for Tesla second hand prospective buyers is

A. Will the car I buy fall apart?
B. If it does will there even be a company left for a repairs and spare parts market?

I think that B. Is particularly pertinent considering they almost went bust before and how tightly they control the repair of their cars.

Then you have the second problem - if there is a poor second hand car market, who is stupid enough to buy a new Tesla?
'A' isn't a concern as far as I've been told (my dad had an S, and its build was excellent). But he doesn't have a new S for all the other shit that's going on.

On the software side, apart from the well-known issues with the self-driving promise that was always coming 'this year', there's a bunch of stuff that whilst it gets updated it's still in Beta. And it was like that for the 2.5 years he had the car. He got a Merc EQS a couple of weeks ago and to be honest using his words, it's not as well-made as the Tesla was and has more-annoying bugs. Musk is still a cock, though.

Yes. And it’s been pointed out to Musk as soon as he began courting the maga types, that like their huge pickups, which of course began alienating his previous customer base. Now a lot incl my wife wouldn’t touch a Tesla.
This was all before he was forced to pony up for Twitter.
And since then he’s only dug a deeper hole which is why Tesla investors are cringing every time he tweets.