Elon Musk | Owner of X and complete loser

The issue with left-wing people like you is that whoever is not 100% aligned with their view is by default a bigot right-wing extremist.
What are you talking about? Where did I label him (or even anyone else) either bigot, right-wing or an extremist?

What is wrong with building great companies?
Absolutely nothing.

But he's still not left leaning. If he was he'd actually do something with all of his power/wealth instead of using it to just accumulate even more power/wealth.

Absolutely nothing.

But he's still not left leaning. If he was he'd actually do something with all of his power/wealth instead of using it to just accumulate even more power/wealth.
He is doing a lot of good things with his wealth though.

@Revan you’re a smart lad but your blind spot with Musk is embarrassing.

He’s a 50 year old 14 year old libertarian edge lord billionaire.

There is nothing left wing about him. His environmentalism is a business tactic because his businesses can capitalise on it. He’s anti-union and constantly attacks the left.

You’re arguing night is day.

what musk and shapiro/cernovich are doing is fine basically - people of a broadly similar politics talking and advancing their agenda.
what the liberals replying to musk - this morning i saw one from a polisci prof begging him to take an intro polisci course - is nauseating. slobbering at the feet of their new overlord so that he might grant them the favour of a hearing.
c u c k s.

Who wants universal basic income to be implemented ASAP, is doing more about climate change than any other person, urges the government to implement carbon taxes, and is a promoter of direct democracy. Didn't he also advocate for an inclusive tax of 40% and estate taxes?

The issue with left-wing people like you is that whoever is not 100% aligned with their view is by default a bigot right-wing extremist.

This is kind of funny because I've seen on many occasions right-wing people who happen to be critical about Trump on one issue all of a sudden get blasted as being traitors and this includes the previous two presidential nominees that they supported before Trump.

As for Musk's own politics I would put him alongside the likes of Rogan and Russell Brand who no doubt do hold some characteristically left leaning views on economic issues but it is not a priority now because they are so obsessed into culture war narratives and that makes them extremely charitable to actual right-wing elected leaders while having no problem brandishing the entire left as being represented by random twitter users and tiktok creators.

As for Musk's own politics I would put him alongside the likes of Rogan and Russell Brand who no doubt do hold some characteristically left leaning views on economic issues but it is not a priority now because they are so obsessed into culture war narratives and that makes them extremely charitable to actual right-wing elected leaders while having no problem brandishing the entire left as being represented by random twitter users and tiktok creators.

i wouldn't think the richest man of all time has too many left-leaning economic views.

This is kind of funny because I've seen on many occasions right-wing people who happen to be critical about Trump on one issue all of a sudden get blasted as being traitors and this includes the previous two presidential nominees that they supported before Trump.
Yeah, I believe that both sides are mirror images of each other (horseshoe theory was mentioned on the previous page).

Yeah, I believe that both sides are mirror images of each other (horseshoe theory was mentioned on the previous page).

This is just not true, at least if you mean in terms of where the bulk of each side lives on the spectrum. As someone who was right of center (American style) for much of my 20's before moving more and more left of center in my 30's and ow 40's, and who left a lot of family and friends over on the other side, I can say with complete certainty that there is not mirror image of the left and right when it comes to the population of each extreme. I have lost friends who will not talk to me because I refuse to say Biden stole the election. I lost friends (literally and figuratively) due to COVID vaccination conspiracies. One side tried a fecking coup just a few years ago! To both sides this by claiming they are mirror images is just insanity.

Still plenty of time for Putin to start a nuclear war and put us all out of our misery
True although the 60’s had better music

Going out while feeling the white burning atomic heat as dua lipa plays in the background of river island shop isn’t as cool.

If you believe that the ridiculousness of the image Musk shared should be obvious.

Indicating the right has not moved an inch from 2008 (John Mccain), 2012 (Mitt Romney) to present day where Donald Trump is worshipped even in defeat. But the left has apparently moved way over the other end despite the current president being on the ballot in 2008 and 2012 as someone on the right of Barack Obama.

Who wants universal basic income to be implemented ASAP, is doing more about climate change than any other person, urges the government to implement carbon taxes, and is a promoter of direct democracy. Didn't he also advocate for an inclusive tax of 40% and estate taxes?

:lol:

Well, he was the biggest donor to charities last year. Also, the biggest taxpayer.

Calling Musk right-wing is pretty nuts. Two of his biggest policies have been with regard to climate change (understandably considering Tesla's business) and universal basic income. Both of them being left-wing policies. He has also donated significantly more to Democrats than Republicans, although left-wing people got annoyed that he contributes to Republicans (albeit less than to Democrats).

No he was not. He gave 5b or so in shares supposedly to a charitable group - one he likely owns, not directly to any charity. Why? Because of the tax savings. Even then it's not been confirmed anywhere that this was actually given - not a cent of that went for any real world benefit.

Just like he only paid a large amount of tax because his stock vested and he was forced to realise the gains on the value of his stock.

I mean this was literally in the news 3 days ago:
"A ProPublica investigation found that Mr Musk paid no federal income tax in 2018; he paid a 3.27 per cent true tax rate, or $455m, for his wealth growth of $13.9bn over the five-year period between 2014 and 2018."

His achievements are commendable but on the left he is not. Just off the top of my head you had him being against lockdowns because it was authoritarian (Tesla plant shutdown = loss of money), anti-union (loss of money), and had him moving Tesla's HQ to Texas because of the lower tax rate. He's not doing any of the stuff he does because he cares about the world - it's because it's making him money. He's just a rich oldish man that loves power and wealth - buying Twitter for example is simply a way to increase both.

There's something very Trumpian about him with all this.

I don't have a twitter account so I don't give a crap really but I'm always a little disturbed by the people that seem to worship him; edgy tech/crypto bros who think billionaires and the culture of endless greed are wonderful, aspirational things. Creepy. Really creepy.

I don't think the climate change bit is particularly relevant in any meaningful way since it takes the collective efforts of many countries to turn that ship around. Being an infantile meme lord with a savior complex, who once bought a car company isn't going to save anything.

What's happened to Brand? I've seen a few comments like this now.

Your opinion of Elon Musk is like a very simple IQ test. If you take one look at him and your immediate response isnt, christ what a fecking cnut, you failed.

That's just my well thought out opinion on him of course.

Your opinion of Elon Musk is like a very simple IQ test. If you take one look at him and your immediate response isnt, christ what a fecking cnut, you failed.

That's just my well thought out opinion on him of course.

I believe the scientifically recognised term is “the James Corden”

What's happened to Brand? I've seen a few comments like this now.

He's gone off the deep end embracing all sorts of conspiracy theories and right wing talking points under the veneer of being a truthseeker being objective unlike the mainstream media. Yet all his complaints about the mainstream media can easily be applied to him. Because he always happens to take the side that gives every inch of charity to the right (mainly Trump supporters in America) over things they do as if they are unfairly persecuted while never extending any benefit of the doubt the other way or at least some scrutiny to the accusations.

For example there is now plenty of evidence that shows the Trump supporters who rioted to halt election results being confirmed were by and large people who were actually quite rich (or at least well off enough than the average person), had professional careers and respectable employment. Yet Brand continues down the narrative they were all poor downtrodden little guys who were sick of being stood on by the elite. It does not match the facts. Another fact being lower income voters by a majority did not vote for Trump either time.

All the while he will use opinion pieces to try and claim as fact that Trump's political opponents and the deep state conspired to spy on him in 2016. Opinion pieces which if you go to the article source actually states they are the views of the author, but in his videos he crops out the disclaimers and only shows sections of text he wants you to see. He does the same thing with anti-vax content. Scientific studies conducted with large sample size and recorded data that show the vaccine efficacy is good get ignored by him but he has no issue jumping on the back of anecdotal claims that the vaccine is not safe.

Then there is his idea that a set of economic conditions led to the rise of far right politics. Which has certain validity to it. And yet he seems utterly positive about the far right politics continuing these economic policies along with the rampant racism that goes with them. For example Trump gave tax cuts to the wealthy that was the highest giveaway to the top 1% in decades. Yet Brand talks about him like he was a good thing for taking on status quo policies. It makes no sense. He hates politicians who give tax cuts to corporations unless it is Trump who he turns the other way.

Look at this clickbait crap. I guarantee if BBC News or CNN did the same thing with their titles and got caught he would be the first one to do a video about it but when he does it is perfectly fine.

6vVZkWY.jpg

Last edited:
He's gone off the deep end embracing all sorts of conspiracy theories and right wing talking points under the veneer of being a truthseeker being objective unlike the mainstream media. Yet all his complaints about the mainstream media can easily be applied to him. Because he always happens to take the side that gives every inch of charity to the right (mainly Trump supporters in America) over things they do as if they are unfairly persecuted while never extending any benefit of the doubt the other way or at least some scrutiny to the accusations.

For example there is now plenty of evidence that shows the Trump supporters who rioted to halt election results being confirmed were by and large people who were actually quite rich (or at least well off enough than the average person), had professional careers and respectable employment. Yet Brand continues down the narrative they were all poor downtrodden little guys who were sick of being stood on by the elite. It does not match the facts. Another fact being lower income voters by a majority did not vote for Trump either time.

All the while he will use opinion pieces to try and claim as fact that Trump's political opponents and the deep state conspired to spy on him in 2016. Opinion pieces which if you go to the article source actually states they are the views of the author, but in his videos he crops out the disclaimers and only shows sections of text he wants you to see. He does the same thing with anti-vax content. Scientific studies conducted with large sample size and recorded data that show the vaccine efficacy is good get ignored by him but he has no issue jumping on the back of anecdotal claims that the vaccine is not safe.

Then there is his idea that a set of economic conditions led to the rise of far right politics. Which has certain validity to it. And yet he seems utterly positive about the far right politics continuing these economic policies along with the rampant racism that goes with them. For example Trump gave tax cuts to the wealthy that was the highest giveaway to the top 1% in decades. Yet Brand talks about him like he was a good thing for taking on status quo policies. It makes no sense. He hates politicians who give tax cuts to corporations unless it is Trump who he turns the other way.

Look at this clickbait crap. I guarantee if BBC News or CNN did the same thing with their titles and got caught he would be the first one to do a video about it but when he does it is perfectly fine.

6vVZkWY.jpg

It's mad to think this man had Katy Perry in her prime and gave her up. One bad decision after the other it seems like.

Well, he was the biggest donor to charities last year. Also, the biggest taxpayer.

Calling Musk right-wing is pretty nuts. Two of his biggest policies have been with regard to climate change (understandably considering Tesla's business) and universal basic income. Both of them being left-wing policies. He has also donated significantly more to Democrats than Republicans, although left-wing people got annoyed that he contributes to Republicans (albeit less than to Democrats).

Universal Basic Income is not a leftist policy. Particular proposals can be, depending on the size of it and what's supposed to happen with the rest of the social safety net, but it's absolutely not inherently leftist.

Friedrich Hayek talked about a UBI. Charles Murray still does. Milton Friedman championed the Negative Income Tax, which is just a UBI coupled with a tax scheme.